Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Why don’t they standardize them to one version either way?
Or, at the very least, pick a numbering system, and stick to it. I grow very tired of being in seat 9A, which is the second row of MCE, only to get to the airport and find 9A is now a junk seat, and somehow all 3 rows of MCE are now full. I had an MCE seat, they swapped planes and the seat numbers changed, how do I keep losing the MCE seat and get stuck with the same numbered seat.
AANYC1981 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
On a Skywest CR7 right now with 9FC and there are power outlets at my seat in 1A....exciting!
Ooh that is exciting. I was fearing there would be no outlets on my four hour CR7 journey, which is coming up next week, but it's Skywest 9F so here's to hoping. I feel worse for the colleague coming with me, who is booked SDF-ORD-SLC-ORD-SDF... all on CR7s. I'm doing DCA-ORD-SLC-DFW-DCA with only ORD-SLC on the CR7. Still not looking forward to it!

Currently on a PSA CR7 with 9F (SDF-CLT), in 1A, and it's just no fun, even for an hour. The overhead bin over the first row-and-a-half is off limits to store "emergency equipment" even though it's essentially empty. FAs said no closet to hang anything. Seat belts & tray tables are pretty tight.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Update from my 3 hour 51 minute ORD-SLC on a SkyWest CR7.

Short version: this exceeds my very low expectations but without the good service and seat 1A I wouldn't want to do it

Longer version: THANK YOU to AANYC1981 for the pro tip re: power outlet. Total game changer and it's doubtful I would ever have noticed it otherwise.

Food: crappy and insufficient, as expected, choice was tex mex salad (read: chopped up romaine and weak tomato with sparse chicken) or croissant sandwich -- chose this, it had real turkey and three slivers of green apple (one very very brown), a weird clump of butter (I removed it), one lettuce leaf, and no condiments of any sort. I ate the top half of the croissant with the turkey and two non-rotten apple slices. 2-pack of Milanos came on the side.

Seat: 1A was fine, not as tight as I feared. There's a little ledge to rest your left foot. Seat belt and tray table have a little more room at the gut than PSA's CR7/CR9s.

Service: Really spectacular. One of the best crews I've had in a while. Exuberant PDB, greetings by name, refills, conversation.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
A FA told just told me that the entirety of bin 1 is reserved for emergency equipment. I have never heard this on dozens of CR7 flights in 1A. She is citing the sticker that says “PED fire containment bag and gloves located here” as the proof that nothing else can go in that bin. But the sticker doesn’t say “only”. There is plenty of room in the bin for other bags without impinging on the emergency equipment. Is this something new, or is she mistaken? Where are these types of rules documented?

Last edited by ikwia; Jun 11, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Issue Clarification

Originally Posted by ikwia
A FA told just told me that the entirety of bin 1 is reserved for emergency equipment. I have never heard this on dozens of CR7 flights in 1A. She is citing the sticker that says “PED fire containment bag and gloves located here” as the proof that nothing else can go in that bin. But the sticker doesn’t say “only”. There is plenty of room in the bin for other bags without impinging on the emergency equipment. Is this something new, or is she mistaken? Where are these types of rules documented?
Is this the bin above 1A or the bin above 1C & 1D? I seem to remember equipment over 1A on certain flights, but certainly not 1C & 1D.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Spanish
Is this the bin above 1A or the bin above 1C & 1D? I seem to remember equipment over 1A on certain flights, but certainly not 1C & 1D.
This is over C and D. The large bin.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold

This is over C and D. The large bin.
Originally Posted by Spanish
Sounds like a PSA aircraft. They had started this back in August of last year. They were supposed to be installing dividers to segregate the emergency equipment, leaving most of the bin for passenger items. I guess they haven’t gotten around to this yet
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by joepercussion1
Sounds like a PSA aircraft. They had started this back in August of last year. They were supposed to be installing dividers to segregate the emergency equipment, leaving most of the bin for passenger items. I guess they haven’t gotten around to this yet
Great info, thanks. There was no divider in this bin for sure. I’m wondering if some have dividers already added and I’ve flown on such planes in the past...that wouldn’t be a detail that would stand out to me because it isn’t uncommon to see such arrangements in overhead bins.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Sooo...didn't I read somewhere that AA was going to go to a 9-seat F-cabin on these birds or was that only on certain aircraft/operators? I'm on a Skywest bird at the moment with a 6-seat F cabin and very thankful to have been upgraded on this packed flight.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Sooo...didn't I read somewhere that AA was going to go to a 9-seat F-cabin on these birds or was that only on certain aircraft/operators? I'm on a Skywest bird at the moment with a 6-seat F cabin and very thankful to have been upgraded on this packed flight.
Skywest birds are the only ones with some 6F. These should be converted at some point to 9F to match the Envoy/PSA birds.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
I've got a flight coming up on a C700 ORD-YUL. It's showing a config with the first row of Y as row 4 and the exit row as row 12. Seatguru has no useful information. Is there floor storage for rows 4 & 12 c/d? Is it an arm tray table in each? Any info appreciated.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by resnick
I've got a flight coming up on a C700 ORD-YUL. It's showing a config with the first row of Y as row 4 and the exit row as row 12. Seatguru has no useful information. Is there floor storage for rows 4 & 12 c/d? Is it an arm tray table in each? Any info appreciated.
That's likely a Skywest, former United bird. There will be floor storage for 4A and 4C and D but not 4B. Tray tables are in the armrest.
resnick likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by resnick
Seatguru has no useful information.
I mean, that's almost general purpose advice these days.
jcatman likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Flew on an ex-UA (N753SK) aircraft today. I was pleasantly surprised to find a 9 seat F-cabin AND power at my seat in F. Still, DL has a WAY better config on their CR7's...but this is a step up, for sure.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Usually an UA flier. How much room is there in 1A, is the bulkhead that bad?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.