Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Okay so I have a flight on the CRJ700 operated by Envoy air. Are the starboard first class bins larger than the coach class bins? Will I be able to fit my suitcase inside, or will I need to gate check it. I have the Briggs & Riley Baseline U175 carry-on wheeled garment bag, 22 x 14 x 9 inches // 56 x 36 x 23 cm.

Anyone else have this piece of luggage and flown the Envoy CRJ700? What about the PSA Airlines CRJ 900, I have the same luggage going on that plane later in November. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Spanish; Nov 1, 2017 at 11:36 am Reason: Suitcase Information!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by akarneboge
That could be true. One thing I can say, however, is the left (facing forward) side of the aircraft with the smaller overhead bins in first to accommodate the 1-seat side has the very small overhead bins extending well into coach (to accommodate another row like the Envoy/PSA CR7's).

I'll have to look at the seat rails on my next flight to DTW on one.

One way or another, though, there is a 0% chance that these will ever get 9F. They're already CIP'ed with new seat covers in F and Y and the #newAmerican carpet. They're here to stay at 6F.
Wanted to update everyone...the ex-United CRJ7's definitely could be 9F. The overehead bins are are smaller another few rows back to accommodate another row of F. Not likely to happen, obviously.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Spanish
Okay so I have a flight on the CRJ700 operated by Envoy air. Are the starboard first class bins larger than the coach class bins? Will I be able to fit my suitcase inside, or will I need to gate check it. I have the Briggs & Riley Baseline U175 carry-on wheeled garment bag, 22 x 14 x 9 inches // 56 x 36 x 23 cm.

Anyone else have this piece of luggage and flown the Envoy CRJ700? What about the PSA Airlines CRJ 900, I have the same luggage going on that plane later in November. Thanks in advance!
You will definitely need to gate check it.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:18 pm

Okay, thank you. Too bad, Embraer is just such a nicer airplane.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:15 pm

So the luggage was gate checked and it came back promptly on the jet bridge. I can confirm that the F bins are no larger on the right, and smaller on the left. No way could I have fitting my luggage in the bin, anyways. Some passengers had smaller rolling bags that fit, though. Maybe for short it's okay. The "A" side is really nice in this CRJ700 and CRJ900, very comfortable and you get the window + aisle.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
PSA vs. Envoy CRJ-700

One of my regular routes (OKC-CLT) has been downgraded from a PSA CRJ-900 to a PSA CRJ-700. I flew this route on the PSA 700 for the first time last week, and didn't clear the upgrade list as a Gold so was stuck in coach. Before boarding, I asked the GA if there were any rows where I could have 2 seats to myself, and she moved me to 15A, right in front of the exit row.

Little did I know until I boarded that this airplane has one of the most cramped cabins I've ever sat in. I'm 6'2" and the seatbacks didn't even make it up to my shoulder blades (so much for leaning back and taking a nap), and I could barely place my legs straight ahead without my knees kicking the seat in front of me. I couldn't pull the tray table down without it hitting my belly, so I couldn't find a viable position to use my laptop and even declined the beverage service for fear of spilling it all over me. What an awful way to spend a 2.5 hour flight.

Envoy CRJ-700s to and from ORD, on the other hand, seem roomier. The Y seats are better padded and the seatbacks come up high enough for me to rest my head. The legroom still isn't great, but ample enough that I can use the tray table and work on my laptop.

Are all the PSA CRJ-700s in the same configuration, with the older, cramped seats? I figured they'd be the same as the Envoy ones, but there was a significant difference in comfort.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by wahooflyer
One of my regular routes (OKC-CLT) has been downgraded from a PSA CRJ-900 to a PSA CRJ-700. I flew this route on the PSA 700 for the first time last week, and didn't clear the upgrade list as a Gold so was stuck in coach. Before boarding, I asked the GA if there were any rows where I could have 2 seats to myself, and she moved me to 15A, right in front of the exit row.

Little did I know until I boarded that this airplane has one of the most cramped cabins I've ever sat in. I'm 6'2" and the seatbacks didn't even make it up to my shoulder blades (so much for leaning back and taking a nap), and I could barely place my legs straight ahead without my knees kicking the seat in front of me. I couldn't pull the tray table down without it hitting my belly, so I couldn't find a viable position to use my laptop and even declined the beverage service for fear of spilling it all over me. What an awful way to spend a 2.5 hour flight.

Envoy CRJ-700s to and from ORD, on the other hand, seem roomier. The Y seats are better padded and the seatbacks come up high enough for me to rest my head. The legroom still isn't great, but ample enough that I can use the tray table and work on my laptop.

Are all the PSA CRJ-700s in the same configuration, with the older, cramped seats? I figured they'd be the same as the Envoy ones, but there was a significant difference in comfort.
All of the Envoy CR7's are moving to PSA. Some are staying in ORD but I believe some are moving to CLT too. The CIP's Envoy CR7's are the same as the CIP PSA CR7's, so I expect you'll find the same experience eventually.
wahooflyer likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Does the bulkhead on D/F side allow enough room for the F pax to get up without the D pax having to get out of their seat?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Does the bulkhead on D/F side allow enough room for the F pax to get up without the D pax having to get out of their seat?
Yes, there is plenty of room. More than 737, less than E175.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Ugh... I'm getting so frustrated with AA planes without power outlets. I guess none of the CRJ's have power at all? Any plans to add it?

Yes, I know United, Delta all have the same problem with CRJ's. It's the A321's that I guess I'm the most frustrated with (different subject).
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:36 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Against my wishes (i.e. OPM is paying and it wasn't worth pushing back), I am flying DCA-ORD-SLC where ORD-SLC is blocked at 3 hours 51 minutes, departing at 1:40 p.m., on a SkyWest CR7. This will be my longest flight by far on one of these.

I can't recall this specific carrier's CR7 -- I imagine 1A is not nearly as roomy (legroom-wise) as Republic's E75s, but how bad is the wall in front of 1A? Is there enough room to stretch a little bit?

Any thoughts on food -- am I looking at a one-tray lunch (like DCA-MSY, salad or wrap with chips etc) or even less than that? I was able to reserve my breakfast choice on DCA-ORD but no such choice came up for ORD-SLC.

Thanks for any insight.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I imagine 1A is not nearly as roomy (legroom-wise) as Republic's E75s, but how bad is the wall in front of 1A? Is there enough room to stretch a little bit?

Any thoughts on food...

I am never on longer flights with these CRJ700s, but I choose 1A frequently. Much less room than the E175 bulkhead, but much better than the A319 (which is a total joke and is shameful to call it business/first class). That's what I have comparison-wise. I'd still probably take it even for a longer flight, but if you are tall, take 2A. I take that seat too for better leg room.

As for food, I've not been on flight long enough for meal time on this aeroplane. On the E175 the meal choices have not been available online. This is as of ~3 months ago. Just a wrap and salad offered.

Small overhead above 1A.

Seat 1A taken last month. Hope this helps...

Last edited by Spanish; Jan 12, 2019 at 11:44 am Reason: Picture
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Against my wishes (i.e. OPM is paying and it wasn't worth pushing back), I am flying DCA-ORD-SLC where ORD-SLC is blocked at 3 hours 51 minutes, departing at 1:40 p.m., on a SkyWest CR7. This will be my longest flight by far on one of these.

I can't recall this specific carrier's CR7 -- I imagine 1A is not nearly as roomy (legroom-wise) as Republic's E75s, but how bad is the wall in front of 1A? Is there enough room to stretch a little bit?

Any thoughts on food -- am I looking at a one-tray lunch (like DCA-MSY, salad or wrap with chips etc) or even less than that? I was able to reserve my breakfast choice on DCA-ORD but no such choice came up for ORD-SLC.

Thanks for any insight.
Food is awful. Crappy salad or wrap, usually. Breakfast would be less cereal than your average 4 year old would eat. No ovens.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Havent been on one of these in years but have ORD-DTW-ORD this coming week in 1A. Short flight so should be fine.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:23 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Spanish

I am never on longer flights with these CRJ700s, but I choose 1A frequently. Much less room than the E175 bulkhead, but much better than the A319 (which is a total joke and is shameful to call it business/first class). That's what I have comparison-wise. I'd still probably take it even for a longer flight, but if you are tall, take 2A. I take that seat too for better leg room.

As for food, I've not been on flight long enough for meal time on this aeroplane. On the E175 the meal choices have not been available online. This is as of ~3 months ago. Just a wrap and salad offered.

Small overhead above 1A.

Seat 1A taken last month. Hope this helps...

thanks! Seems like PSA -- good enough

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.