Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2009, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Also, for those wondering why the new deliveries will have two extra seats, its because the lavatory on new planes is being pushed back, intruding into the cargo area.

Thank goodness! I honestly think that the current CR7 lav is one of the most miserably cramped spaces I've entered in my life.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 7:40 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Thank goodness! I honestly think that the current CR7 lav is one of the most miserably cramped spaces I've entered in my life.
I'm not sure whay you think it's going to be any different. It sounds like it will just be moved further back, but remain as-is.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 7:44 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by arc
After the announcement of the addition of F to the CRJ's, and after one of the recent updates of the TravelDesk tool, I did a bit of searching into future flight schedules into LBB (my home base), as Eagle has had 1-2 CRJ flights into there (and a number of other small-market cities with short hops to DFW). All CRJ service into LBB is ending according to the schedule on about 5 January; on my flight yesterday on a CRJ, I asked the FA about it, and he confirmed that the CRJ's will be pulled from that routing about then ... for grins & amusement, I checked the schedules out to August, and they don't show back up at any point in the future on the short-haul small city runs that I've seen, tending to confirm the comments that those planes will be retasked for longer-haul flights between the hubs and larger cities (like the DFW-PIT route which is partially served by CRJ's currently). So much for my hopes of a nice seat all the way home.
Since the CR7s will mostly be moved to ORD once they're F-equipped (see comment quoted below), this seems to make sense.

The re-configured planes will all be O'Hare-based, operating 64 daily flights from O'Hare and 5 from Dallas. Of course, 22 more CR7s will also be arriving, hopefully re-opening some markets from Chicago and possibly opening up longer-haul RJ flying from Miami.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:25 pm

MIA-PIT

MIA-PIT & back is regional jet. Would be nice, almost 1,000 miles.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:43 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
Very good suggestion.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by ashill
Since the CR7s will mostly be moved to ORD once they're F-equipped (see comment quoted below), this seems to make sense.
That plan has changed slightly, with 11 to be based in Dallas. Still, though, from Dallas they will be largely used on longer routes or on some short routes with good premium demand (i.e. DFW-LIT), not short intra-Texas runs.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 3:22 am
arc

Programs: AA ExPt 1MM, SPG Au
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Wait until 2013 when the C-Series and the Mitsubishi Regional Jet enter into service. The right size plane with the world's most efficent engines.
My understanding on the latter is that it'll be 2014 until they start to enter service in these parts, through one of United Express/US Airways Express's operators, with the first batch of planes going to All-Nippon ...

Interesting, though ... isn't that pretty much Mitsubishi's first aircraft since World War II?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 3:23 am
arc

Programs: AA ExPt 1MM, SPG Au
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Try an AT7's sometime ...
Old Dec 9, 2009, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Wink

Originally Posted by Herb687
Probably. All that water takes up a lot of weight and you need every spare ounce of weight available to be able to do the LIT-NRT route nonstop.
You're coming dangerously close to revealing AA's plan for XNA-PVG. Don't you dare mention the in-flight refueling!
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arc
My understanding on the latter is that it'll be 2014 until they start to enter service in these parts, through one of United Express/US Airways Express's operators, with the first batch of planes going to All-Nippon ...

Interesting, though ... isn't that pretty much Mitsubishi's first aircraft since World War II?
Well, sure, but only if you don't count:
Mitsubishi MU-2 (1963)
Mitsubishi MU-2 (1971)
Mitsubishi F-1 (1975)
Mitsubishi MU-300 / Diamond (1978)
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
That plan has changed slightly, with 11 to be based in Dallas. Still, though, from Dallas they will be largely used on longer routes or on some short routes with good premium demand (i.e. DFW-LIT), not short intra-Texas runs.
I absolutely love this and am thrilled that mainline is returning to LIT but why is there premium demand in this market? I don't usually find a lot of elites on my DFW-LIT flights. What businesses in this area would be paying for premium seats? At least in the northern corner of the state you have folks flying into Tyson and Wal Mart.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zipadee
I absolutely love this and am thrilled that mainline is returning to LIT but why is there premium demand in this market? I don't usually find a lot of elites on my DFW-LIT flights. What businesses in this area would be paying for premium seats? At least in the northern corner of the state you have folks flying into Tyson and Wal Mart.
You'd be surprised the traffic heading to LIT from DFW. I did that flight every Sunday for almost 6 months (my times would vary, sometimes am flights, sometimes pm) and the aircraft was always at least 90% full! There were always at least 4-5 elites on the flights I was on...mostly GLD though.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by ceebee100
You'd be surprised the traffic heading to LIT from DFW. I did that flight every Sunday for almost 6 months (my times would vary, sometimes am flights, sometimes pm) and the aircraft was always at least 90% full! There were always at least 4-5 elites on the flights I was on...mostly GLD though.
Oh I agree the flights are stocked to the gills. But I don't think I've been on a flight with more than 4 elites including myself. On a recent flight I sat next to a PLAT in one of the supposed preferred seats.

Hopefully the agents at LIT will learn how to do priority boarding. They usually say priority boarding and 5 seconds later group one or whatever. If you aren't right by the door, you won't be first on board (overheard space is obviously a premium on this flight)

I don't think I've ever heard them board just ExP/PLAT as a group out of LIT.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by zipadee
The CR7's are not mainline; it's still Eagle.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
Ditto STL-JFK (892 miles).

This service hasn't started yet (right now its mainline into LGA which is staying in place AFAIK and eagle to EWR which is gone soon) but I would imagine there will be a good amount of premium pax connecting to to int'l flights ex-JFK.

I also would like to see some of these new birds on EWR-ORD (719) and I suspect we will, as this route was all mainline until the recent announcement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.