Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by bcard519
Usually an UA flier. How much room is there in 1A, is the bulkhead that bad?
Its good
Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:40 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Usually an UA flier. How much room is there in 1A, is the bulkhead that bad?
The problem with row 1 on these planes is the lack of overhead space. Only one side has room for personal items, and the section above row 1 is reserved for Crew stuff. It is very common for row 1 to have to store their things farther back, especially if they are later in the boarding process.
I strongly prefer rows 2 or 3 for this reason (2A and 3A being the best seats for me).
Old Feb 22, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Originally Posted by Uzzar
The problem with row 1 on these planes is the lack of overhead space. Only one side has room for personal items, and the section above row 1 is reserved for Crew stuff. It is very common for row 1 to have to store their things farther back, especially if they are later in the boarding process.
I strongly prefer rows 2 or 3 for this reason (2A and 3A being the best seats for me).
do you have to gate check normal sized carryons on these crj700?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Yes.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yes.
i wont even need overhead space then. Problem solved I guess lol
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
In my personal experience, commuter planes without bin space for rolling bags offer valet check rather than gate check. The difference is that gate-checked bags are collected at baggage claim, and typically checked to one's final destination, while valet-checked bags are collected airside at the arrival airport. Valet-checking imposes only a moderate delay in waiting for the bags to be fetched, while gate-checking forces one to go groundside and re-clear security if traveling onwards.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
In my personal experience, commuter planes without bin space for rolling bags offer valet check rather than gate check. The difference is that gate-checked bags are collected at baggage claim, and typically checked to one's final destination, while valet-checked bags are collected airside at the arrival airport. Valet-checking imposes only a moderate delay in waiting for the bags to be fetched, while gate-checking forces one to go groundside and re-clear security if traveling onwards.
i guess sky-check is the term I should of used
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
i guess sky-check is the term I should of used
That's a term I'm not familiar with. In my experience, "gate-check" and "valet-check" are the usual terms, at least on AA. I would expect "sky-check" is when you use curbside check-in and a SkyCap checks your bags.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
That's a term I'm not familiar with. In my experience, "gate-check" and "valet-check" are the usual terms, at least on AA. I would expect "sky-check" is when you use curbside check-in and a SkyCap checks your bags.
i use to fly US airways a lot, they had great service out of YOW when they were part of the *A. Since then I have avoided AA. I have to fly in from a small Mexican City to PHX, AA has the only choice.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 12:20 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Between 12C (exit Row Aisle) and 4A (bulkhead window) what would you all suggest for a flight on a Bombardier CRJ700 on SkyWest Airlines as American Eagle?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
4A has pretty unlimited legroom and you'll be closer to the front, though there is limited storage space in front of you as 4B doesn't have anywhere to store their bags and may store their bags under the sole seat in front of you. 12C has good legroom, but is narrower since the tray table is next to you.
jcatman, opus2002 and donotblink like this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Its good
1A is also a great window view on the planes that don't have a terribly scratched 1st window from jet bridges. That's the main downside.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:39 pm

On PSA Airlines American Eagle CRJ-700, does anyone know if the first row in MCE, specifically the passenger in 8A, has under seat access to 3A, or does the bulkhead go all the way to the floor?
Old Jan 23, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
You will have under-seat access.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
You will have under-seat access.
Just make sure you board as early as possible and secure it for yourself. I once had a guy in 8C try to move my stuff because he didn't have a seat in front of him and didn't want to put his backpack overhead.
KBMIFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.