Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 7:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I believe that is for the new two-class CR7 AA is operating. Rows 1-3 are First Class in a 1x2 configuration.
Old May 11, 2010, 7:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Let me make an educated guess:

Bombardier CRJ CRJ700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class (consolidated), which says in part:

Eagle will also offer new service to a number of cities, and customer service will be enhanced as Eagle deploys most of its 25 CRJ-700 aircraft - which will be reconfigured to offer a competitive First Class cabin - in the Chicago market.

Old May 11, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
All CR7 flights that I looked at between DCA and ORD, as well as ORD and ATL on June 1st seem to have an "F" section despite no F seats being for sale... Coach only.

AA.com glitch?
Old May 11, 2010, 7:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Why not? It'd hardly be an unusual occasion. (I guess they might be sold out as well - but glitch sounds good to me. Call if you really, really want one.)

Originally Posted by emma dog
All CR7 flights that I looked at between DCA and ORD, as well as ORD and ATL on June 1st seem to have an "F" section despite no F seats being for sale... Coach only.

AA.com glitch?
Old May 11, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald

AA.com glitch?
I haven't flown these legs recently, but other posters have noted planes have been converted, and customers in the front by chance are getting "lucky coach". Seems one instance where perhaps the hard product launched before much of the rest of the system has been configured for the change.

Make sure to seat yourself in one of the first 3 rows if you are on a CRJ700!
Old May 11, 2010, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I asked b/c I didn't know a bout the other thread but when I booked my latest ticket, it showed in the summary as an economy ticket and when I opened the seat chart, I saw the new configuration but I didn't see anything about F class.. hence my post

I'm just figuring out tonight that its F class
Old May 11, 2010, 10:10 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I asked b/c I didn't know a bout the other thread but when I booked my latest ticket, it showed in the summary as an economy ticket and when I opened the seat chart, I saw the new configuration but I didn't see anything about F class.. hence my post

I'm just figuring out tonight that its F class
Perhaps it's temporarily the Eagle version of J seat, Y price on 777s.

It may also be restricted to elites?
Old May 12, 2010, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
Perhaps it's temporarily the Eagle version of J seat, Y price on 777s.

It may also be restricted to elites?
I like the F seat upgrades on those 777s. International F seats, for a coach price
Old May 12, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club Platinum
The seats are only available for pre-selection to elite members. On booking a DCA-ORD segment I can select the seat, but then aa.com offers an upgrade request, which if selected causes an error (presumably because there is nothing to upgrade to yet).
Old May 12, 2010, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Franklybrit
The seats are only available for pre-selection to elite members. On booking a DCA-ORD segment I can select the seat, but then aa.com offers an upgrade request, which if selected causes an error (presumably because there is nothing to upgrade to yet).
So what kind of seat is it exactly (F or still Y)? I noticed that I can move within the F class "cabin" but not back to the exit row which is what started this thread for me; I was booked in the single side and normally I don't like that side so I tried booking the exit aisle and thats when I noticed I couldn't do it. I thought initially their was a mapping error or display error which now I know is not true
Old May 12, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
So what kind of seat is it exactly (F or still Y)? I noticed that I can move within the F class "cabin" but not back to the exit row which is what started this thread for me; I was booked in the single side and normally I don't like that side so I tried booking the exit aisle and thats when I noticed I couldn't do it. I thought initially their was a mapping error or display error which now I know is not true
I was on this flight the other night (ORD-DCA) and it had the new F seats. I was on the single side. There's barely enough leg room to cross your legs; probably about the same legroom as the exit row. The seat itself is just a tad more narrow than typical S80 or 737 F seat, but still plenty of room and wouldn't feel cramped even on the 2 seat side. The tray table is small but still enough room for a laptop and there's a spot on the armrest for a drink. The service was coach+ with a free drink and the large bag of almonds or trail mix.

If you end up on a flight that doesn't have the new seats, they will still block the "B" seat on the A-B side of the plane. Also, if you can't book the 1st 3 rows, book row 5. Row 4 is missing on the new config, but row 5 has loads of leg room since there's not a bulkhead between 1st and economy.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan

AA.com glitch?
No - the conversion isn't going to be complete until closer to the July roll-out date, so AFAIK they are only selling CR7 flights in Y, but up to the reduced # of seats on the plane, until they know which a/c is flying that route that day.

Again AFAIK, rows 1-3 won't be assigned in advance, but elites will get priority - maybe even free seat upgrades (without any different service, though).
Old May 12, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CO FF
No - the conversion isn't going to be complete until closer to the July roll-out date, so AFAIK they are only selling CR7 flights in Y, but up to the reduced # of seats on the plane, until they know which a/c is flying that route that day.

Again AFAIK, rows 1-3 won't be assigned in advance, but elites will get priority - maybe even free seat upgrades (without any different service, though).
I'm showing assigned in one of those seats on ORD-DCA in 3 weeks. Coach ticket. It just showed as preferred on aa.com so I took it.
Old May 12, 2010, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
I was on this flight the other night (ORD-DCA) and it had the new F seats. I was on the single side. There's barely enough leg room to cross your legs; probably about the same legroom as the exit row. The seat itself is just a tad more narrow than typical S80 or 737 F seat, but still plenty of room and wouldn't feel cramped even on the 2 seat side. The tray table is small but still enough room for a laptop and there's a spot on the armrest for a drink. The service was coach+ with a free drink and the large bag of almonds or trail mix.

If you end up on a flight that doesn't have the new seats, they will still block the "B" seat on the A-B side of the plane. Also, if you can't book the 1st 3 rows, book row 5. Row 4 is missing on the new config, but row 5 has loads of leg room since there's not a bulkhead between 1st and economy.
thanks for the great write up

^
Old May 12, 2010, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold

AA.com glitch?
Transitional seat map -- so they don't have a seat dup issue. They won't know which aircraft (F or non-F) until the day before departure. AA does this with all seating transitions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.