Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
Is there a LAV up front? Has to be ......no way one LAV for this many pax.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by stillageek
Another CRJ is "First Class Seat equipped" N514AE. Word is Eagle has it down to 4 days from the time the plane lands at the out fitting station to the time it's on the line.
Any longer they should find someone else to do it.

Interior mods are some of the easiest and can be scheduled without many hiccups. All parts can be kitted and staged.

They are changing 4 rows of seats and adding a partition. Sounds like it could be done in 60 hours with a 2 shift crew of 6, maybe they are adding a light c check in while it is down.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by mach92
Is there a LAV up front? Has to be ......no way one LAV for this many pax.
Unfortunately no - one LAV in the back. But remember, there has always only been one LAV and the CR7 refit with F is actually decreasing the number of pax on board (unlike UA's refit when they added E+ which added pax).
Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
As of now, at year's end, three CRJ-700s are assigned to Dallas; fourteen to New York; 19 to O'Hare.

That leaves six. I'm not really sure if "New York" includes LGA/JFK as one, or separate.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Pics Now posted

Looks like someone posted pics of the new interior on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=429819703011

I don't like the colorscheme at all, but hey it's still an upgrade to the status quo so I'm happy
Old Apr 19, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
Originally Posted by denCSA
Looks like someone posted pics of the new interior on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=429819703011
Here are both pictures the person posted:

Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Man those seats are ugly, but as someone who flew 1A in a non-retrofitted CRJ700 (N503AE) early this AM I would not have been complaining had I seen those when I turned the corner...
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: Various
Virgin American Eagle minus purple/pink mood lighting.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I find this threat interesting, United Express has been flying CR7 with FC seats in it for well over a year. Nice ride, just too bad the only meal service is a box snack.. There is even an updated version of the CR7 with the new interior much nicer seats, bigger over head bins.. But still only boxed snacks... They have 2 FA on these flights.

Originally Posted by stillageek
Another CRJ is "First Class Seat equipped" N514AE. Word is Eagle has it down to 4 days from the time the plane lands at the out fitting station to the time it's on the line.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
It's such a tradeoff. Better seat vs having to burn stickers or miss out on your free drink & snack.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by KD5MDK
It's such a tradeoff. Better seat vs having to burn stickers or miss out on your free drink & snack.
Does anyone know what the rules for elite flying in Y of a two class CRJ (now or after July 2nd)?

I believe now PLT and EXP are entitled to a free alcoholic beverage and a bag of either almond to the nut/fruit mix. Will this be changing? One of the actual benefits of going from a 737 > CRJ on a 6:30 am flight is the snack bag is better than the little cookie you get.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:14 am
aeo

Comfy!

My ORD-EWR flight last night was fitted with the new first class seats. Very comfortable!! Plenty of room for me to work using my laptop and generally spread out. Particularly liked the huge seatback pocket. Flying regional jets won't be such a bad proposition any more (assuming one can snag an F seat)...
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT/2MM
I flew a CRJ from DTW to ORD about a week ago. No first class yet, but they were kind enough to block the seat next to me--lots of elbow room on a very full flight. There were two flight attendants, so very good service overall, although I wasn't offered the snack/nut pack.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA ex-Plat
unfortunately i'll miss this upgrade on my upcoming trips over the next few weeks =( my consolation will be crossing my fingers for my upgrade to clear on AA 647 JFK-MIA ...
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Some confirmation on previously reported information:

American Eagle will offer a complimentary First Class dining service that includes a Continental breakfast with cereal or hot oatmeal and yogurt and a lunch or dinner that includes a fresh salad or a sandwich and dessert. First Class customers receive warm, cleansing towels and mixed nuts prior to their meals, which are served on china. On flights of shorter duration, beverage service will be accompanied by a gourmet snack mix.

American Eagle will offer First Class service from its Chicago and Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) hubs. From Chicago, customers will experience First Class service on flights to Atlanta, Reagan National Airport in Washington, D.C., Newark, N.J., George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, Oklahoma City, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, San Antonio, and Salt Lake City. From DFW, customers can fly First Class to Cleveland, Milwaukee, Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport in Bentonville/Springdale, Ark., and Little Rock, Ark.
The complete press release:

http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2859

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.