Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:37 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ACfly
I just heard that ORD-YYZ will also get F class on AE... The AC Agent at YYZ did not know when this will start
From what I just checked again, we're getting 2x mainline F back for ORD-YYZ, not AE CR7. Changeover is on Apr 6.

Also from what an AE FA told me, the right front closet is being taken out for food cart storage and some of the AE FA have start going into F service training.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
From what I just checked again, we're getting 2x mainline F back for ORD-YYZ, not AE CR7. Changeover is on Apr 6.

Also from what an AE FA told me, the right front closet is being taken out for food cart storage and some of the AE FA have start going into F service training.
Correct. With the right hand closet going away, storage will be a little more challenging. Instead of 4 bulkhead seats, there will be 7. Also the overhead bins on the 'A' side will be removed over FC meaning even less storage. The remaining closet will be 'it' for storage for FC 'A' seats and the first row of coach.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 7:39 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
During the summer schedule AA does use the mainline aircraft (MD80), but these go away in the winter schedule.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:01 pm

First Class Service on CRJ 700.

After boarding all Passangers will be offered Pre-Departure Beverages & also Coats will be collected and hung. After Takeoff the FA will address each passanger by last name and take meal preferences (2 options will be avail on all meal service flights and will be cold, on dinner flights there will be a "plated dessert"). Next, a Hot towel service followed by your choice of beverage and mixed nuts in the white ramekins. Next will be Meal tray delivery offered with Wine/Juice/Water/Coffee. After the meal service the FA will re-offer beverages for the duration of the flight. Finally before landing Pre-Landing Mints will be offered and your coats will be delivered.

PS-Champagne will be avail on all Flights!

Hope this gives you guys a better understanding of the service on the CRJ's in First.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by mattinNYC
After boarding all Passangers will be offered Pre-Departure Beverages & also Coats will be collected and hung. After Takeoff the FA will address each passanger by last name and take meal preferences (2 options will be avail on all meal service flights and will be cold, on dinner flights there will be a "plated dessert"). Next, a Hot towel service followed by your choice of beverage and mixed nuts in the white ramekins. Next will be Meal tray delivery offered with Wine/Juice/Water/Coffee. After the meal service the FA will re-offer beverages for the duration of the flight. Finally before landing Pre-Landing Mints will be offered and your coats will be delivered.

Hope this gives you guys a better understanding of the service on the CRJ's in First.
Sounds great. Leagues above what DL and UA offer on the CR7/E70/CR9 flights.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
As someone whose both weekly flights are changing from 737 to CRJ700 I will be able to provide plenty of trip reports soon...
Old Mar 28, 2010, 5:07 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Welcome to FT!

Thanks very much for giving us this info.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 6:08 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

As busy as the #1 FA allegedly will be, I feel sorry for the #2, who will have to serve over 60 Y pax alone until the #1 has finished the F duties.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dayone
As busy as the #1 FA allegedly will be, I feel sorry for the #2, who will have to serve over 60 Y pax alone until the #1 has finished the F duties.
I think its only 50 something Y pax which is really barely any different than what E145 and CRJ (on OAL) FAs do. Considering MOST of the super-short Eagle flights aren't CR7s, this really should not be an issue. Also, if they want to complain, they should see some foreign airline FAs hussle. I've been on a 50 minute segment in India with full meal service in F and Y.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Wasn't the F100 staffed by two FAs with even more people in Y?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 8:28 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Wasn't the F100 staffed by two FAs with even more people in Y?
But fewer people in F. This allowed the #1 to more quickly assist with service in Y.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
But fewer people in F. This allowed the #1 to more quickly assist with service in Y.
OK, there was one less person in F on the F100, but the meals were hot. Sounds pretty much even to me, assuming that all 9 F seats are filled.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:49 pm

The #1 FA is to remian avail in the FC cabin for the duration of the flight, the #2 is to serve coach alone which is no different then being alone on a EMB (plus or minus 4-6 people) During the month of June all Flights with First Class will receive the service, it will be sold as coach and given to top tier FFers. The company is using June as a test month to get any feedback on the new product and also tweak any kinks in the new service. So....all you PLAT & EXP enjoy your free upgrades in JUNE!
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
During the month of June all Flights with First Class will receive the service, it will be sold as coach and given to top tier FFers. The company is using June as a test month to get any feedback on the new product and also tweak any kinks in the new service. So....all you PLAT & EXP enjoy your free upgrades in JUNE!
I can't believe I'm actually going to be looking for CR7 flights.......my conditioned response is to avoid them.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
Flying ORD-IAH over memorial day weekend. Any of you folks in the know have a guess as to whether I'll be on one of these new puppies? (It sounds from the previous posts that the "experimental meal/etc service" will not start until June 1, but I was still curious if I'll get a decent seat.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.