Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

YYZ / Toronto - Pearson Int'l. Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

YYZ / Toronto (Ontario, Canada) - Lester B. Pearson International Airport
Terminal 3, Concourse A Admirals Club

Link to YYZ AA airport information.

Link to YYZ airport web site.

LOCATION: Terminal 3, Concourse A, turn right immediately after clearing security checkpoint.

N.B. Toronto Pearson requires U.S. Customs and Border Protection preclearance before departing to USA destinations.

HOURS: Current hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase

NOTE. As of December 16th this club is closed for renovations, expected re-opening sometime in March.
UPDATE: A March 24 report said it was still closed; an April 14 call indicated it was still closed, with opening date TBD.
Print Wikipost

YYZ / Toronto - Pearson Int'l. Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I was in the MIA AC (D30) a couple months back and was waiting near the front desk for a shower to open up. There were these two little juvenile deliquents running all over the place screaming and yelling. One of the AC Angels asked the children their parents names. She then pages the parents to the front desk and advises them that if they cannot control their children properly they will asked to leave the AC immediately.^
Old May 2, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I was in the MIA AC (D30) a couple months back and was waiting near the front desk for a shower to open up. There were these two little juvenile deliquents running all over the place screaming and yelling. One of the AC Angels asked the children their parents names. She then pages the parents to the front desk and advises them that if they cannot control their children properly they will asked to leave the AC immediately.^
That's great! Did you send an e-mail to customer service for this?
Old May 2, 2011, 1:28 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by folex386
That's great! Did you send an e-mail to customer service for this?
and give the agent several or more applause certs in front of the parents?
Old May 2, 2011, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by magic111
and give the agent several or more applause certs in front of the parents?
I thought about it. But then I realized that there are those out there that would see the AC Angel is being "rude" and "uncaring" towards families. I just instead smiled at her and todded my head in thanks.
Old May 2, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by wpj
since the mother and father don't care and they tend to join the kid to the yelling mode and playing around, who's suppose to say anything to this family?

admirals club staff? the same employee that told me to remind her about pre-boarding because she tend to forget things?

or the AC etiquette allows this to take place?
when you asked the AC staff to control this nuisance, what was their response ?
Old May 2, 2011, 6:21 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by cynicAAl

when you asked the AC staff to control this nuisance, what was their response ?
didn't ask the AC staff, It makes me uncomfortable and I guess is their work to monitor and control this nuisance?, as the lounge is very small and she could hear the kid from where she was.
Old May 2, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Now thats the way it should be handled. ^ to that AAngel!
Old May 2, 2011, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by wpj
didn't ask the AC staff, It makes me uncomfortable and I guess is their work to monitor and control this nuisance?, as the lounge is very small and she could hear the kid from where she was.
what about this would make you uncomfortable ? Simply find an AC staffer or manager, explain the situation and ask them to handle it. No confrontation. No snitching on the obnoxious family as far as they know.

If you're that afraid of handling business, how do you get any actual work done ?
Old May 2, 2011, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I would ask the AC staffer if they wanted to handle the situation or would they prefer that I handle it.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
My procedure would be as follows:

1. Ask the AC staff to have a word with the parents.

2. If they won't, have a word with the parents myself.

3. If they do nothing, teach the kids a few "grown up" words that will make them sound cool.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Could you send that AAngel to the ORC RCC?
Old May 3, 2011, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by JumboD
My procedure would be as follows:

1. Ask the AC staff to have a word with the parents.

2. If they won't, have a word with the parents myself.

3. If they do nothing, teach the kids a few "grown up" words that will make them sound cool.
Haha. Then who will tell the new "grown ups" not to yell when they use the big boy words?
Old May 3, 2011, 12:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors
Originally Posted by HNL
You always have the option to:
1. Ask the parents to control the child.
2. Go sit in the terminal.
Oh sure. We all buy AC membership for the privilege of this kind of thing. Let's see, if I were to light up a cigarette in this lounge would you say anyone offended could either duke it out with me personally or go sit in the terminal? I'm thinking not. Do you, by any chance, have some I'll behaved children?

To put it plainly AC staff should speak to the parents about controlling their offspring, as should FAs in similar situations on flights.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:48 am

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Haha. Then who will tell the new "grown ups" not to yell when they use the big boy words?
When I explain which of those words should be directed to mommy, I'm pretty sure daddy will step in.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
what about this would make you uncomfortable ? Simply find an AC staffer or manager, explain the situation and ask them to handle it. No confrontation. No snitching on the obnoxious family as far as they know.

If you're that afraid of handling business, how do you get any actual work done ?
But why should the AC member have to? Since when is it a customers job to tutor an AC Staff member on doing their job?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.