Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Guide: BOS (Boston Logan) – Connections, MCT, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BOS / Boston Logan International Airport

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Ticket counters
Terminal B - Gates B4 - B22 (Legacy US Airways aircraft / flights)
This location does not accept cash
Daily: 3:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Curbside check-in available

Admirals Club:
By Gate B4 link to thread

Animal relief area: From Terminal B, lower level, exit through the terminal door B114 and turn right. The animal relief area is near the last curbside flower bed, walking toward Terminal C, just beyond the Silver Line bus stop.

Link to AA page on BOS

NOTE: “...the newly renovated Admirals Club, which re-opens in early 2019 (mid to late January) after an ongoing colocation project is completed. This will move all American flights to the same terminal with one ticket counter and one baggage claim, and with all gates in the same area, for a seamless customer experience in Terminal B.”

See post #149 for further information about the BOS Admirals Club
For general information, see:Interactive Logan Airport Map

All gates at Terminals B, C, and E at Logan are all connected airside, though it can be quite a long walk from the low gates in B to the end of E. When connecting to/from an international flight out of Terminal E, consider walking through the parking garage and re-clearing security.

Connections to AA Partners

Terminal B
  • Alaska Airlines uses the high gates in Terminal B, about a 10 minute walk airside from the AA gates.

Terminal C
  • Aer Lingus
  • Cape Air
  • JetBlue

Terminal E
  • British Airways
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Etihad
  • Iberia
  • Japan Airlines
  • Level
  • Qatar Airways
Print Wikipost

AA Guide: BOS (Boston Logan) – Connections, MCT, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:53 am
Suspended

Some BOS news:
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA ExePlat
Will the old AA Neon Eagle from Gate B33-35 move to the new space? It would be a nice nod to the past.
dw and CHOPCHOP767 like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Sounds like one should expect the High B club to close then. Wonder if they will go through with the remodel....
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
The revamped BOS club appears, to my eyes at least, to be less open to the former LUS club (thus looks to be less seating, but who knows) :/
It looks that way from the pictures. Still, the old PMUS club was never really that crowded even at peak times.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Sounds like one should expect the High B club to close then. Wonder if they will go through with the remodel....
That club is closed. AA will no longer operate from the "high" B gates. All operations have consolidated to the "low" B gates, and the remodeled pmUS Admiral's club on that side has reopened.

Southwest will move to the high B gates (from Terminal A), and Delta will expand into the space vacated by Southwest.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by jsieds
Will the old AA Neon Eagle from Gate B33-35 move to the new space? It would be a nice nod to the past.
No it won't remain in BOS......someone else confirmed it's being moved to the AA museum in TX.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767

It looks that way from the pictures. Still, the old PMUS club was never really that crowded even at peak times.
That was with two clubs open at the same time.......now we're all being crammed into one club so all the people flying to LAX/DFW/ORD/MIA are moving over whereas they were most likely before using the High B AC.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by JonNYC
The 6:30 LGA shuttle was out of B22 so they are actively using the space. I haven't yet checked out the far wing where they extended the terminal. Did UA give up these gates or did they obtain any of the vacated AA gates?

I do agree that the club will unfortunately become more crowded (it was busy for 6 am), but there also may be more people eating at some of the new places they just opened up instead of stopping in at the club. I hope this is the case because the club was great pre-renovation in terms of being quiet. I'll find out when I'm there next Wednesday evening.

I think the openness is a bit different from the old club given the partition, but I think they added some square footage and removed that quiet room with the TVs. The bar no longer in the separate alcove, which does change the dynamic.

The seating layout is also different with there no longer being rows on rows, however the single window seats on the far side do remain ^
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
That was with two clubs open at the same time.......now we're all being crammed into one club so all the people flying to LAX/DFW/ORD/MIA are moving over whereas they were most likely before using the High B AC.
The gate assignments have been mixed for what two years now and the PMAA club was never that bad in terms crowding even as a stand-alone. Usually there was seating in the lobby room (to right when entering) or the business center area to the left of the entrance. Alternative of course was using the United club right in the middle of AA’s then real estate.

Time of course will tell, but the new Club has been opened for less than 24 Hours and FT is already bemoaning overcrowding...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
High B gate AC (PMAA AC) is no longer listed on the AA.com. AA.com does not list shower for BOS AC by gate B4 and conference room as temporary unavailable. Is it that renovation of AC by the gate B4 is not 100% completed yet, or do they have no plan for shower at gate B4 AC? Little curious and want to know as BOS is my home airport.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Lounge at B30 (high B) is permanently closed. Lounge at B4 is now open. Here now so I’ll ask about conference room. Shower was listed on blueprints previously posted in the B6 temp space and there are signs up for the shower.

Hard to tell if there are less seats. Looks smaller but seems there are more quiet nooks versus prior layout was mostly one large space.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Looks like the link to the club from within the app has not been updated. Photos are the give away. No more dark woods. Decor in the newer sleek light woods/white/stainless look.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:03 am

Two showers 🚿. Both available

One conference room. Seats perhaps 14? Table, chairs, and TV in place. Missing the door so it opens up directly to the business center right now with no privacy. No word on when construction will be complete.

Kiddie room also missing a door (I hope). Off the bar area. No one in there this morning but Barney silently dancing on the TV.

Front door to the lounge is also pending replacement.

Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:29 am

And sure to my new favorite amenity ....

AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Thanks for the info about gate B4 AC (PMUS club) renovations. That chair looks nice, but has to be careful not to doze off and miss the flight. The thing I will miss about high gate AC (PMAA club) is view from the club. I think PMAA club at high B gate had better view than B4 gate PMUS club. I will be at BOS AC tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.