Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Guide: BOS (Boston Logan) – Connections, MCT, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BOS / Boston Logan International Airport

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Ticket counters
Terminal B - Gates B4 - B22 (Legacy US Airways aircraft / flights)
This location does not accept cash
Daily: 3:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Curbside check-in available

Admirals Club:
By Gate B4 link to thread

Animal relief area: From Terminal B, lower level, exit through the terminal door B114 and turn right. The animal relief area is near the last curbside flower bed, walking toward Terminal C, just beyond the Silver Line bus stop.

Link to AA page on BOS

NOTE: “...the newly renovated Admirals Club, which re-opens in early 2019 (mid to late January) after an ongoing colocation project is completed. This will move all American flights to the same terminal with one ticket counter and one baggage claim, and with all gates in the same area, for a seamless customer experience in Terminal B.”

See post #149 for further information about the BOS Admirals Club
For general information, see:Interactive Logan Airport Map

All gates at Terminals B, C, and E at Logan are all connected airside, though it can be quite a long walk from the low gates in B to the end of E. When connecting to/from an international flight out of Terminal E, consider walking through the parking garage and re-clearing security.

Connections to AA Partners

Terminal B
  • Alaska Airlines uses the high gates in Terminal B, about a 10 minute walk airside from the AA gates.

Terminal C
  • Aer Lingus
  • Cape Air
  • JetBlue

Terminal E
  • British Airways
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Etihad
  • Iberia
  • Japan Airlines
  • Level
  • Qatar Airways
Print Wikipost

AA Guide: BOS (Boston Logan) – Connections, MCT, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
The new gate area isn’t bad.

PSA: the PMAA club will close on 19Jan19 with the PMUS club reopening on 18jan19 according to the signs in the AC.

I think I have flights on or around them and am very curious to see the new digs. The Old PMUS club was one of my favorites in the system.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Wonder when AA decides that BOS is too big of a market to give a cold shoulder to and begins to beef up this market....
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Wonder when AA decides that BOS is too big of a market to give a cold shoulder to and begins to beef up this market....
Not sure I agree with your assessment. They’re just finishing a major revamp to the Admiral’s club and the improvements to the gate area are great including consolidation of gate locations.

What makes you think they are giving BOS a cold shoulder?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie

They are connected landside but not airside.
transferring from AA domestic flight from ORD to Qatar flight. Arrive in BOS at 8pm and leave at 10.10..its a Wednesday in January and I'm hoping to have only carryon ..how long should the transfer take..WIll AA be able to provide QR boarding pass at ORD?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by worldiswide
transferring from AA domestic flight from ORD to Qatar flight. Arrive in BOS at 8pm and leave at 10.10..its a Wednesday in January and I'm hoping to have only carryon ..how long should the transfer take..WIll AA be able to provide QR boarding pass at ORD?
You will come into Terminal B and Qatar is in Terminal E. Only connected landside. There is a bus that goes between terminals but I find it much faster to walk - takes 10 to 15 minutes tops. Regarding the boarding pass who issued the ticket? Is it an AA codeshare? BTW, the Qatar check in counter is right next to security would only take a few minutes to get a boarding pass.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Originally Posted by pbuntrock
You will come into Terminal B and Qatar is in Terminal E. Only connected landside. There is a bus that goes between terminals but I find it much faster to walk - takes 10 to 15 minutes tops. Regarding the boarding pass who issued the ticket? Is it an AA codeshare? BTW, the Qatar check in counter is right next to security would only take a few minutes to get a boarding pass.
Yea, if this is all the same PNR then AA should be able to issue both BP's at ORD, but if not then it's no big deal to just stop by the QR check in desk once you arrive to Term. E as mentioned above (AA doesn't codeshare with QR). Agree on walking between B and E, this is always my preferred method as well.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Thanks for all the detailed info. AA award ..same PNR so I'll see what happens at check-in at ORD. Walking between terminals works for me.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: AA ExePlat
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
The new gate area isn’t bad.

PSA: the PMAA club will close on 19Jan19 with the PMUS club reopening on 18jan19 according to the signs in the AC.

I think I have flights on or around them and am very curious to see the new digs. The Old PMUS club was one of my favorites in the system.
Signs in miniclub now say January 24th opening for new club..
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I frequently connect between b and e. I ALWAYS walk. It isn't bad at all.
I did this NYE, ater arribjung B gates. It was raining heavily but I stayed mainly under cover. Ended walking via the garage.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Admiral’s club change out to happen this week.

B30 lounge closes tomorrow 23 Jan with B4 re-opening on 24 Jan
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by jsieds
Signs in miniclub now say January 24th opening for new club..
I noticed that during MLK weekend. And, of course, the lounge opens the one weekend I'm flying DL instead of AA LOL.

The PMUS lounge at BOS was one of the best at least in terms of available seating; hopefully the space is refreshed appropriately as the PMAA lounge is looking more and more like a soup kitchen.
jsieds likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Stopped by the club this morning. I think they’ve done a great job. Similar to the old club, a lot of natural light (albeit pitch black outside), more open than before with the bar back where the quiet room used to be, and a decent amount of seating. They also added a partition (see pictures below) to divide the two large areas, likely to cut down on noise from the bar. The old bar area is now a massive self-serve food section. There’s also a smaller one when you walk in.

I’ve attached a few not-very-good photos. The best part of all - they have actual glasses for the self-serve soda machine instead of those plastic cups. We’ll see how long that lasts.

SK, CHOPCHOP767, jsieds and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: AA ExePlat
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Stopped by the club this morning. I think they’ve done a great job. Similar to the old club, a lot of natural light (albeit pitch black outside), more open than before with the bar back where the quiet room used to be, and a decent amount of seating. They also added a partition (see pictures below) to divide the two large areas, likely to cut down on noise from the bar. The old bar area is now a massive self-serve food section. There’s also a smaller one when you walk in.

I’ve attached a few not-very-good photos. The best part of all - they have actual glasses for the self-serve soda machine instead of those plastic cups. We’ll see how long that lasts.

I see outlets!!! Have the rat traps by the ;large windows disappeared?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I think that place is going to be crowded like the other side, unfortunately, at some point.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
The revamped BOS club appears, to my eyes at least, to be less open to the former LUS club (thus looks to be less seating, but who knows) :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.