Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Guide: BOS (Boston Logan) – Connections, MCT, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BOS / Boston Logan International Airport

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Ticket counters
Terminal B - Gates B4 - B22 (Legacy US Airways aircraft / flights)
This location does not accept cash
Daily: 3:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Curbside check-in available

Admirals Club:
By Gate B4 link to thread

Animal relief area: From Terminal B, lower level, exit through the terminal door B114 and turn right. The animal relief area is near the last curbside flower bed, walking toward Terminal C, just beyond the Silver Line bus stop.

Link to AA page on BOS

NOTE: “...the newly renovated Admirals Club, which re-opens in early 2019 (mid to late January) after an ongoing colocation project is completed. This will move all American flights to the same terminal with one ticket counter and one baggage claim, and with all gates in the same area, for a seamless customer experience in Terminal B.”

See post #149 for further information about the BOS Admirals Club
For general information, see:Interactive Logan Airport Map

All gates at Terminals B, C, and E at Logan are all connected airside, though it can be quite a long walk from the low gates in B to the end of E. When connecting to/from an international flight out of Terminal E, consider walking through the parking garage and re-clearing security.

Connections to AA Partners

Terminal B
  • Alaska Airlines uses the high gates in Terminal B, about a 10 minute walk airside from the AA gates.

Terminal C
  • Aer Lingus
  • Cape Air
  • JetBlue

Terminal E
  • British Airways
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Etihad
  • Iberia
  • Japan Airlines
  • Level
  • Qatar Airways
Print Wikipost

AA Guide: BOS (Boston Logan) – Connections, MCT, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hi all!

I'll be flying FRA-BOS on LH in a few weeks that arrives around 1:30pm (flight is scheduled to land around 1:05, but seems to run late). I've booked, on a separate ticket, an AA BOS-PHL flight that leaves at 3:15pm. I do have GE and should have precheck.

From my understanding, it's probably quickest to take the pedestrian skyway from E to A, traverse A, and back up to the skyway for the quick hop to B. Is that a good bet? Do all B security points have precheck?

I'll do OLCI, but does anyone know what time bag drop closes for the flight? I can't remember if it's 45 minutes or a hour before departure.

Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:57 pm

I have two questions that are completely separate, on separate trips, so I'll do two posts in succession.

For a trip starting BOS-LAX, I understand which check-in area to use, but what's the best way to name it to a hotel shuttle driver? I can think of B2, American to LAX, or American 2nd stop.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:11 pm

We're booked BOS-PHL-FCO on an award, on Labor Day in September. The schedule change has given us an hour to connect at PHL, and I'd like more time than that, with my wife asking for disability assistance. If I ask for a departure at 1.25, do you think we're safe with an intercity bus arriving at Logan at 11.50, if the cutoff for checking bags is the international one of T-1 hour? Perhaps if we get a wheelchair attendant on entry who can help speed us through. The alternative, taking the same bus, would be a 2.55 flight, giving us just under two hours at PHL. I'd prefer for the longer wait to be at the TATL departure point. We hope we can get our boarding passes online, since we've flown AA on these passports before.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, AC, DL Plat, Amtrk SE, AmEx Plat, Bonvoy Plat (via SPG), HH Gold, Accor Plat, WOH Dis
Originally Posted by rove312
I have two questions that are completely separate, on separate trips, so I'll do two posts in succession.

For a trip starting BOS-LAX, I understand which check-in area to use, but what's the best way to name it to a hotel shuttle driver? I can think of B2, American to LAX, or American 2nd stop.
The best bet is to just give the driver the gate number. It will likely be B30 - B36, which is the second stop, just after the United gates, as you seem to know.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, AC, DL Plat, Amtrk SE, AmEx Plat, Bonvoy Plat (via SPG), HH Gold, Accor Plat, WOH Dis
We're booked BOS-PHL-FCO on an award, on Labor Day in September. The schedule change has given us an hour to connect at PHL, and I'd like more time than that, with my wife asking for disability assistance. If I ask for a departure at 1.25, do you think we're safe with an intercity bus arriving at Logan at 11.50, if the cutoff for checking bags is the international one of T-1 hour? Perhaps if we get a wheelchair attendant on entry who can help speed us through. The alternative, taking the same bus, would be a 2.55 flight, giving us just under two hours at PHL. I'd prefer for the longer wait to be at the TATL departure point. We hope we can get our boarding passes online, since we've flown AA on these passports before.
You don't mention if you have status / flying Business and/or have Pre-Check, any of which will speed up your overall process and give you even more cushion. Even without these, however, I think arriving 90+ minutes at Boston gives you plenty of time to make your flight. In fact, it's probably a bit more time then you need in BOS. You should be fine with a 11:50 Logan arrival. For the BOS > PHL flight, remember, you want the low numbered B gates. It's the first American stop in the Terminal B 'U'.

Last edited by BosTravel; Mar 5, 2018 at 10:08 pm Reason: clarity
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by BosTravel
You don't mention if you have status / flying Business and/or have Pre-Check, any of which will speed up your overall process and give you even more cushion. Even without these, however, I think arriving 90+ minutes at Boston gives you plenty of time to make your flight. In fact, it's probably a bit more time then you need in BOS. You should be fine with a 11:50 Logan arrival. For the BOS > PHL flight, remember, you want the low numbered B gates. It's the first American stop in the Terminal B 'U'.
Thanks, only Pre-check. My main concern is making the bag check cut-off if it's a 60-minute rule for international trips, even with the first segment being domestic.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold

Why do you have to name it ? All shuttle drivers know various terminals and stops. Check your gate number and
the two AA stops are clearly marked with Gate numbers...
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:04 pm

BOS Admirals Club Closing (LUS side of Term B)

I noticed in last month's Admirals Club Newsletter that one of the BOS Admirals Clubs (low B gates, on the LUS side) will be closing soon. I can only assume this is to complete the renovation work before AA consolidates on that end of the terminal, at which time the club will reopen.

I've been on a break from travel so I have not been able to ask the AAngels, but does anyone know the scope of the renovation and how long it is expected to take? Since Terminal B is connected airside, it is still possible to use the other club, but it's an extra 10 minutes each way to do so (less time if on the shuttle, of course).
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I noticed in last month's Admirals Club Newsletter that one of the BOS Admirals Clubs (low B gates, on the LUS side) will be closing soon. I can only assume this is to complete the renovation work before AA consolidates on that end of the terminal, at which time the club will reopen.

I've been on a break from travel so I have not been able to ask the AAngels, but does anyone know the scope of the renovation and how long it is expected to take? Since Terminal B is connected airside, it is still possible to use the other club, but it's an extra 10 minutes each way to do so (less time if on the shuttle, of course).
Even though the LAA lounge is more modern, the sheer size of the LUS side could end up being great. I would be fine, frankly, if they didn't do anything. There's plenty of seating and plenty of space so that you can partially, at least, feel like you are not in public.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: AA ExePlat

March 26 AAngels told me LUS Admirals Club will close next week with alleged 7 month construction time.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by jsieds
March 26 AAngels told me LUS Admirals Club will close next week with alleged 7 month construction time.
I was told the same construction time line. Fortunately, I don't think many people are going to use the LAA lounge given the distance; so no overcrowding there. I'm curious to see the mock-ups for this location. Given the size, the B4 lounge is one of the better ones in that you can always find a seat and power plug even during rush hour. I think they can get more space if they wall off that foyer area near check in.
In the mean time, the United Club is a nice alternative for shuttle flights and low B flights.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA ExePlat
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
In the mean time, the United Club is a nice alternative for shuttle flights and low B flights.
If you have a United Club membership! Not sure its worthwhile for 7 months as it's only a 6 minute walk for me from AA shuttle gates to LAA Admirals Club.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:44 pm

Has anyone attempted to check bags at the LAA ticket counter for a Shuttle flight? BOS is my home airport, but I’ve never had occasion to do so. But, if you can do this, it saves one way of the trip around the U.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Has anyone attempted to check bags at the LAA ticket counter for a Shuttle flight? BOS is my home airport, but I’ve never had occasion to do so. But, if you can do this, it saves one way of the trip around the U.
Sorry, I've checked on the 'wrong' side of B before, but never specifically for the shuttle. I always thought that the shuttle was a different baggage handling, but I could be very wrong about that. I only think that due to the time it takes to get luggage from the shuttle has been way faster.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Score8
Sorry, I've checked on the 'wrong' side of B before, but never specifically for the shuttle. I always thought that the shuttle was a different baggage handling, but I could be very wrong about that. I only think that due to the time it takes to get luggage from the shuttle has been way faster.
You can check on either side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.