Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Guide: PHL / Philadelphia International Airport - MCT, Connection, MCT, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

AA in PHL

Link to downloadable PDF PHL airport map

Philadelphia International Airport

This is a snapshot of post 1 of this thread, and has been revised over time. Feel free to add/modify what is here as needed. This thread originated in the legacy US Airways Dividend Miles forum. Link to older archived posts.

General Information
The airport is located at:
8000 Essington Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19153

Note: The baggage claim for terminal F has relocated to its own building on the arrivals roadway.

Passenger Information Guide: https://www.phl.org/Documents/Passen.../InfoGuide.pdf

Main airport website: http://www.phl.org

Link to contact phone numbers and email addresses for paging, parking, airport police, etc.

Check-In Times
Last confirmed 26 June 2017 (Click for link to source)

The following are recommended by AA:
  • For flights within the United States: 45 minutes before scheduled departure
  • For all other flights: At least 60 minutes before scheduled departure

Terminals
At PHL, AA operates from five terminals:
  • A-West for Gates A14 to A26
  • A-East for Gates A2 to A13
  • B for Gates B1 to B16
  • C for Gates C16 to C30
  • F for Gates F1 to F39
It is a good idea to verify which gate your flight is operating from before arriving. Generally you can assume the following:
  • Most flights in A-West and A-East are transatlantic (TATL) but there will be mainline domestic arrivals/departures and Republic regional flights, especially throughout the morning and early afternoon. If your flight is on an A330 or B767, it will almost certainly be at these gates.
  • B and C are mainline domestic, Caribbean, and Canadian flights and also include E-170/E175 and E190 flights. Before the merger, international flights served by B757s would depart from either concourse.
  • F is for regional flights (RJs with 50 seats or fewer as well as CRJ-700 and -900s and turboprops operate out of F) both domestic and Canadian.
  • oneworld partners (British Airways and Qatar) check-in and gates are in A-West.
  • AerLingus check-in and gate is in A-East.
  • Alaska Airlines (and Virgin America) use terminal D.

Ticket Counter Locations, Hours, and Kiosks
Last confirmed 15 January 2018 (Click for link to source)

Ticket Counters are staffed daily:
  • Terminal A-West: 4:30 AM - 9:00 PM
  • Terminal A-East: 3:30 AM - 8:30 PM
  • Terminals B and C: 3:30 AM - 9:00 PM
  • Terminal F: 4:00 AM - 10:30 PM
Kiosks are provided in the connector bridges between the parking garages and TSA Checkpoints at A-East, B, C, and F. There are also kiosks available by most AA gates. Mobile boarding passes for AA are accepted at all checkpoints.

Note: It is possible to use any AA ticket counter to check in and drop baggage, regardless of your flight's departure terminal.

Security at PHL
Last confirmed 7 October 2017 (Click for link to source)

TSA staffs checkpoints at all PHL terminals. All gates are connected airside, so it may be faster to use a checkpoint that is not associated with your gates.

PreCheck is only available at Terminal A-East, C, and D/E checkpoints.
  • Terminal A West: 5:15 am - 9:25 pm
  • Terminal A East: 3:30 am - 8:25 pm (PreCheck 3:30 am - 8:00 pm)
  • Terminal B: Open 24 hours
  • Terminal C: 4:15 am - 8:15 pm PreCheck ONLY
  • Terminal D/E: 3:45 am - 9:25 pm (PreCheck 3:45 am - 8:00 pm)
  • Terminal F: 4:15 am - 8:55 pm
Notes: International Arrivals following the connecting flights path will be directed to the A-East Checkpoint. If you have PreCheck, you may need to exit that queue and proceed to the far left, as you face the checkpoint, for TSA PreCheck access. Generally, if a checkpoint does not have full PreCheck available, you will get PreCheck Light, meaning you will have to remove liquids and laptops from your bag but will be able to pass through the metal detectors with shoes on as in a PreCheck checkpoint.

In the evening and overnight (observed after 11 PM), not all exits may be available. Looks for the visual paging displays (located by most Flight Info Displays and throughout the terminals) for exit closing announcements! Exit B is always open.

How to Change Terminals
Shuttle: AA offers the following shuttle routes:
  • Gate A1 (located between Terminal A-East and Terminal B) to Gate F10
  • Gate C16 (located between Terminal C and Terminal D) to Gate F10
  • Gate F10 (located in the Terminal F Food Hub) to Gate A1
  • Gate F10 (located in the Terminal F Food Hub) to Gate C16
Note: The shuttles at A1 and C16 only serve Terminal F. It is not necessary to reclear TSA when using shuttles.

Walking
  • Airside: It is possible to walk between all gates in all terminals. There are some moving walkways. "Normal" able-bodied adults can walk between almost any two gates in A, B, or C in about 15 minutes or less and between any two gates in F in about 5 minutes. Walking from F to A/B/C is longer; the distance from the furthest reaches of A-West to F is more than a mile.
  • Landside: You must leave the parking garages/ticketing halls to move between terminals before security. An option is to use the SEPTA rail platforms to move between terminals, which are accessible on the walkways to each terminal from the garages, about half-way between TSA and baggage claim.
  • Landside: It is also possible to use the Economy Parking Shuttle between terminals

ATMs
Bank of America provides 17 ATMs at the airport. A current list may be found here.

Prepaid SIM cards
You can buy prepaid SIM cards in the Airport Wireless stores. Those are airside. Not sure what is available landside as the only "retail" store is a newsstand in the International Arrivals hall.

Parking at PHL
On-site parking is managed by the Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA).
Link to current rates.
Estimated parking availability in the garages is available from the Airport's homepage, www.phl.org.

NEW in June 2017: AAdvantage Aviator Cardholders (Barclay's) now have access to reserved parking. See this link for more info.

For off-airport parking lot information,
see this thread...

Where to eat and drink in the airport
There are all manner of restaurants in PHL, from wine bar to bistro to Asian to fast food. In addition to the establishments in each terminal, there is a food court between terminals B and C.

Food options vary throughout the airport, but there is a wide selection. Many open as early as 5:00 am, most are closed by 11:00pm. Due to renovations, there is no longer a 24/7 restaurant behind security. Philadelphia's beverage tax must be collected in city limits, which comprises of everything except Terminal A-West. Pepsi appears to be the preferred soda vendor throughout most of the airport, including Chick-Fil-A and Smashburger in the B/C food court. Coke products are still sold in some parts of the airport, but it may take some searching.

See this link for the current directory.

Terminal B was renovated in 2017-2018 to add iPads to most seats in the gate areas to allow ordering at the gate. A similar arrangement is used in some portions of Terminal F. (link to FT thread)

Admirals Clubs and Other Lounges
Last confirmed 15 January 2018 (Click for link to source)

Admirals Club: Terminal A-East, Lower Level, between gates A4 and A6A.
Open Daily 6:30 am - 10:30 pm

Admirals Club: Terminal A-West, Mezzanine Level, between gates A15 and A16.
Currently closed for renovation. Expected to be rebranded as a Flagship Lounge

Admirals Club: Terminals B and C, Third Floor over Food Court
Open Daily 4:30 am - 10:30 pm

Admirals Club: Terminal F, Upper Level Food Court in the Central Hub
Open Daily 6:30 am - 8:30 pm

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge / First Lounge:Terminal A-West, Gate Level by A14.
Open Daily 3:15 pm to 8:20 pm
Also serves Qatar Airways customers daily from 6:30 am to 10:30 am.
Note: This lounge has been known to disallow non BA passengers, regardless of OW entry rules.

American Express Centurion Lounge: Terminal A-West, Second Level by A14 (Over the BA Club).
Open daily 5:00 am to 9:00 pm.
This is currently the only premium lounge at PHL with a shower facility. Shower is back in operation as of 25 May 2018.

The USO lounge is now (late April 2018) located in Terminal E. Showers are said to be available in this lounge as well.

Minute Suites is available airside in the A-East/B connector, and is a Priority Pass lounge. There are no showers.
First 30 minutes free for use by nursing mothers.
Open daily 24 hours.

Wireless in PHL
Airport Wifi was recently upgraded and is free for all passengers.

Where can I smoke at the airport?
Only in designated smoking areas on the pick up roadways outside baggage claim. There is no smoking airside at the airport.

Do I have time to go into Philadelphia?
If your layover is more than three hours (and I’m sure this is debatable), you may have time for a quick trip into the city.

Ground Transportation and How to Visit Philadelphia
The zones mentioned below refer to areas on either side of the baggage claims for each terminal. If you have hired a private car, or meeting with group transportation, it is common they will be waiting at the bottom of the escalators from your terminal. Zones 1-4 are typically on the Arrivals Roadway, Zones 5 through 8 are on the Commercial Roadway, adjacent to the railroad tracks.

It is against airport rules for any driver to solicit you from inside the terminal, but this is difficult to enforce.
  • Rental Cars: Both On- and Off-Airport agencies use company shuttle busses to their respective lots. Pickup is outside baggage claim, Zone 2.
  • SEPTA Regional Rail's Airport Line travels between each of the PHL terminals, Penn Medicine (formerly University City) and three Center City stops. This train runs every half-hour (currently every hour on weekends due to pandemic related service reductions) and takes about 20 minutes to get to 30th Street Station. Train fare is $6.50 from Quick Trip machines at the airport stations or Ticket offices at Center City stations (cash or credit/debit card) or $8 cash only (change is available) on board to Center City. Fare is $8.50 from machines or ticket offices or $9 cash on board to all other Regional Rail stations. If you are traveling to one of the three Center City stops, be sure to hold on to your ticket as you now need it to exit through the kiosks at those stations.
  • SEPTA Bus: Two city buses also serve the airport ($2.25 cash fare; exact change only). Bus berths are at Zone 1.
  • Center City Taxi: Accessed at Zone 5. A base flat-rate $28.50 + up to $3 in passenger charges (based on number of passengers 12+) is in effect for all fares to and from the airport and the Center City area. This area encompasses: Fairmount Ave (North), South Street (South) Delaware River (East) and University City/ 38th Street (West).All cabs are supposed to accept Credit Cards, verify with your driver at the start of the trip.
  • Metered Taxi: Metered rates are in effect for all destinations not in the Center City zone. Tolls and other surcharges may apply. All cabs are supposed to accept Credit Cards, verify with your driver at the start of the trip.
  • Uber and Lyft both operate at the airport, follow their directions provided to request a ride.
Print Wikipost

AA Guide: PHL / Philadelphia International Airport - MCT, Connection, MCT, etc.

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by LM225
Thanks. Would be arriving at 30th St Station via Amtrak at 4:34. Would a taxi get me to the airport sooner than 5:24? This would be on a Friday afternoon (specifically this pre-holiday Friday afternoon), so I'm concerned about rush hour; otherwise I'd definitely opt for the taxi in this case.
Personally, i would NOT take the taxi at that time - and especially on a Friday. I have been stuck in traffic with a taxi (from 30th Street Station) at least twice and it can turn into a heart pounding situation. In all my times using the Train, I have never experienced it being late more than maybe 5 minutes. 30th Street Station is BIG and you will need to thread your way from the incoming lower level Amtrak train platforms to the upper level Regional Rail system to catch the Airport train. Just ask for directions.
Old May 21, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by perseus11
Personally, i would NOT take the taxi at that time - and especially on a Friday. I have been stuck in traffic with a taxi (from 30th Street Station) at least twice and it can turn into a heart pounding situation. In all my times using the Train, I have never experienced it being late more than maybe 5 minutes. 30th Street Station is BIG and you will need to thread your way from the incoming lower level Amtrak train platforms to the upper level Regional Rail system to catch the Airport train. Just ask for directions.
In reality it needs to be a game day (minute?) decision that almost completely depends on current traffic on I-76 in the area of 30th Street. It's going to be a bad rush hour due to the holiday - the question is a) is there some stupidity happening on 76 south that would slow an airport-bound taxi and b) is bad traffic overflowing onto the local streets around 30th St Station due to problems either direction on 76 or 676, and c) did most folks get out of town already because many businesses are letting out early. Most heavy traffic in that area due to the holiday will be heading to the Walt Whitman (76) or Ben Franklin (676) bridges over the Delaware River then onto the Jersey Shore.

Given that the airport trains leave 30th at :04 and :34 past each hour, OP potentially needs to wait nearly 30 min for the airport train based upon an Amtrak arrival at 4:34. Without traffic, a taxi would get you to PHL A-East or West in about 15-20 min but will be 5-6 times more expensive than the train ($28.50 set base fare from Center City to the airport + ~$1.10 fuel surcharge + tip). SEPTA will cost $6.50 per person one way if bought in the station before boarding, or $8.00 each (cash only) if bought on board. SEPTA trains and ticketing are located up a ramp in the NW corner of the (beautiful) main hall of 30th Street; taxi stands are located on the 29th Street side (Center City-facing, east side).

If getting to Philly earlier isn't an option, here's what I'd do. When leaving Wilmington on Amtrak (assuming coming from the south, else a few minutes out of Trenton), pull up Google Maps and turn on the traffic layer. If either the local roads immediately around 30th Street Station (2955 Market St, Philadelphia, PA) or the route from there along I-76 east to 26th St to PA 291 to the airport - the usual taxi route - are gummed up, plan on the train. A taxi may offer to take I-676 east to I-95 south to the airport if 76 is backed up, but unless there's a serious problem on 76, this is a much longer route, and not traffic risk free, especially on 676 in Center City and I would not suggest that.

Were it risk-averse me and I couldn't get to Philly earlier, I would default to the taxi option first if traffic isn't a big issue as it should buy some more time at the airport, knowing the airport will busy as well with the holiday and you need to still have passports/visas checked before boarding even with online check in, though this can be done at either the Club or the gate. However, probably 40-50% of the time, traffic in the area of the station and on 76 east until 26th St will be an issue.

Unless Amtrak is >20 min late you should make the SEPTA connection easily, but there is no margin for error thereafter. Should you miss the 5:04 SEPTA train to the airport, the only way you make the flight is with a skillful, fast taxi driver and a large tip if there's traffic. The 5:04 SEPTA actually arrives A-East at 5:19, though, not 5:24, so there's 5 more minutes to play with.

I think you'll make it. It probably won't be stress free. And have a plan B; US 728 to LHR (9:50pm) still has lots of seats open, for instance.
Old May 21, 2014, 3:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by phlwookie
In reality it needs to be a game day (minute?) decision that almost completely depends on current traffic on I-76 in the area of 30th Street. It's going to be a bad rush hour due to the holiday - the question is a) is there some stupidity happening on 76 south that would slow an airport-bound taxi and b) is bad traffic overflowing onto the local streets around 30th St Station due to problems either direction on 76 or 676, and c) did most folks get out of town already because many businesses are letting out early. Most heavy traffic in that area due to the holiday will be heading to the Walt Whitman (76) or Ben Franklin (676) bridges over the Delaware River then onto the Jersey Shore.

Given that the airport trains leave 30th at :04 and :34 past each hour, OP potentially needs to wait nearly 30 min for the airport train based upon an Amtrak arrival at 4:34. Without traffic, a taxi would get you to PHL A-East or West in about 15-20 min but will be 5-6 times more expensive than the train ($28.50 set base fare from Center City to the airport + ~$1.10 fuel surcharge + tip). SEPTA will cost $6.50 per person one way if bought in the station before boarding, or $8.00 each (cash only) if bought on board. SEPTA trains and ticketing are located up a ramp in the NW corner of the (beautiful) main hall of 30th Street; taxi stands are located on the 29th Street side (Center City-facing, east side).

If getting to Philly earlier isn't an option, here's what I'd do. When leaving Wilmington on Amtrak (assuming coming from the south, else a few minutes out of Trenton), pull up Google Maps and turn on the traffic layer. If either the local roads immediately around 30th Street Station (2955 Market St, Philadelphia, PA) or the route from there along I-76 east to 26th St to PA 291 to the airport - the usual taxi route - are gummed up, plan on the train. A taxi may offer to take I-676 east to I-95 south to the airport if 76 is backed up, but unless there's a serious problem on 76, this is a much longer route, and not traffic risk free, especially on 676 in Center City and I would not suggest that.

Were it risk-averse me and I couldn't get to Philly earlier, I would default to the taxi option first if traffic isn't a big issue as it should buy some more time at the airport, knowing the airport will busy as well with the holiday and you need to still have passports/visas checked before boarding even with online check in, though this can be done at either the Club or the gate. However, probably 40-50% of the time, traffic in the area of the station and on 76 east until 26th St will be an issue.

Unless Amtrak is >20 min late you should make the SEPTA connection easily, but there is no margin for error thereafter. Should you miss the 5:04 SEPTA train to the airport, the only way you make the flight is with a skillful, fast taxi driver and a large tip if there's traffic. The 5:04 SEPTA actually arrives A-East at 5:19, though, not 5:24, so there's 5 more minutes to play with.
Very, very helpful. Thank you.

Originally Posted by phlwookie
I think you'll make it. It probably won't be stress free. And have a plan B; US 728 to LHR (9:50pm) still has lots of seats open, for instance.
Would need to find quite the merciful agent to help me with that, as I'd be traveling on a BA-issued award ticket. Perhaps being a CP might help, but hopefully it won't come down to that and I won't need to beg
Old May 22, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by LM225
Considering booking the 6:15PM PHL-CDG flight, but will be arriving at Terminal A via the Septa Airport Line (from 30th St Station) at 5:24PM.

Will have premier access/pre-check. Not checking any bags. Is this doable, or a disaster waiting to happen?
Just my two cents, but as someone who takes that flight reasonably often and usually comes by train, that would be way too close for comfort, at least for me. As phlwookie has already signaled, boarding is variable and while it is usually a bit late, it can be early and it can go fast.

For me, however, the big problem is that that airport train is not reliable. When it works, which is most of the time, it's great. But most of the time isn't all of the time. The train actually originates in the northern suburbs, passes through various junctions, and can get late. Amtrak screw-ups can play havoc with the switch-off south of 30th Street to the airport. (I'm not trying to be anti-SEPTA or anti-train here -- I use them all the time -- it's just that I'm pro-CDG [the airport as entry to the city of Paris, not the dead French president] and would hate to miss a day in Paris due to SEPTA.)

Or due to PHL airport and the TSA ... I find line-lengths at A at this time of day absolutely inscrutable. Usually fine, occasionally mind-numbingly slow. And the adaptation of the various entries to TSA Pre-check has been phlegmatic.
Old May 28, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
I have a 52 minute connection at PHL Monday morning between 1826 and 3772. Debating checking luggage as it's carry on size but I'd honestly prefer not to deal with it as I board late enough that there likely won't be space. Checked bag fee not an issue in this equation. My question is whether there's any chance in hell my bag makes the 2nd flight. Any experiences/insights? I haven't flown US in 10 years, if not more.

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2014, 5:15 pm

Yeah, I'd say your bag makes it. FWIW, I've never had a bag miss a connection on US. 52 minutes fine.

EDIT: Is 3772 a CRJ flying PHL-LGA? If so, just remember that you'll be flying that CRJ from Terminal F in PHL, so there's a shuttle bus ride involved for you.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Yeah, I'd say your bag makes it. FWIW, I've never had a bag miss a connection on US. 52 minutes fine.

EDIT: Is 3772 a CRJ flying PHL-LGA? If so, just remember that you'll be flying that CRJ from Terminal F in PHL, so there's a shuttle bus ride involved for you.
and thanks for the tip re: shuttle bus.
It doesn't say that it's a CRJ, but I can't imagine they're running mainline on this ascend-descend flight
I've never bothered to connect in PHL previously, but $49 cheaper is AOK with me
Old May 29, 2014, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by travellingcari
and thanks for the tip re: shuttle bus.
It doesn't say that it's a CRJ, but I can't imagine they're running mainline on this ascend-descend flight
I've never bothered to connect in PHL previously, but $49 cheaper is AOK with me
Yeah, what I meant to say and I didn't finish the thought is that checking your bag might be easier. I really hate doing shuttle busses with carry on luggage.

Now, I do need to ask - are these flights on the same ticket? I did notice the LGA-PHL route is often delayed. If each segment is separately ticketed, that's a problem if you miss that connection.
Old May 29, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb

I was going to add be careful about carry ons if your FIRST flight is on a CRJ. If you have to gate check your bag because the CRJ really doesnt have overheads worth a darn, then you have to wait on the jetway for your bag to come up. Goodbye ten minutes.

Looks like your inbound to PHL is from LAX, which means unless you're zone 5, you will have your bag as you deplane, and can walk/run directly to your connection. Actually, zone 5 they force you to gate check to your final destination anyway. Just dont be late in first, where they gate check as a courtesy if you're too late to get overhead space.
Old May 29, 2014, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by ludocdoc
I was going to add be careful about carry ons if your FIRST flight is on a CRJ. If you have to gate check your bag because the CRJ really doesnt have overheads worth a darn, then you have to wait on the jetway for your bag to come up. Goodbye ten minutes.

Looks like your inbound to PHL is from LAX, which means unless you're zone 5, you will have your bag as you deplane, and can walk/run directly to your connection. Actually, zone 5 they force you to gate check to your final destination anyway. Just dont be late in first, where they gate check as a courtesy if you're too late to get overhead space.
Interesting. I haven't been to Terminal F in a long time - I've sworn off CRJs if any other option exists, and coming from PWM I can almost always get on an E75. I recently flew a CRJ CHA-ATL (on DL), and the jetbridge itself at the very top had the planeside luggage. It looked like they just loaded it on a rack and pushed it up an elevator. It was waiting for us when we deplaned. Given that PHL F is a dedicated CRJ terminal, I'm surprised the jet bridges and crews aren't equipped to have your gate checked luggage there immediately.
Old May 29, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Given that PHL F is a dedicated CRJ terminal, I'm surprised the jet bridges and crews aren't equipped to have your gate checked luggage there immediately.
You grossly overestimate the motivation of the ground staff at PHL and in particular Terminal F.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
You grossly overestimate the motivation of the ground staff at PHL and in particular Terminal F.
Nobody's ever accused me of overestimating anyone at PHL before A true first.
Old May 31, 2014, 1:44 pm

We are planning to take a bus from NYC to Philadelphia and then take a flight out of PHL. what is the best way to get from the bus station to the airport?
Old May 31, 2014, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Domat
We are planning to take a bus from NYC to Philadelphia and then take a flight out of PHL. What is the best way to get from the bus station to the airport?
If you take BOLT Bus, you'll get off at the Amtrak Station ("30th Street Station"). Go inside and ask for the location of the Airport trains. Take 1 to the terminal stop closest to your departure. If you take Greyhound, after exiting the Bus Station (10th and Filbert St), walk across Filbert Street and enter the MARKET-EAST Septa STATION (Big Signs - you can't miss it). From there, ask a Septa employee for directions to the Airport Trains. Here's the schedules for both 30th Street and Market East: http://www.septa.org/schedules/rail/pdf/air.pdf
Fare: $6.50 One Way from either Location.

There are lot's of trains in both of the above stations, don't get on the wrong one!
Of course you could easliy take a cab to the airport directly from either of the above Bus stops. The City Regulated FLAT fare from either location is $28.50 + tip, regardless of how long it takes. Make certain the cab driver confirms the Flat fare, before you go - some are to put it diplomatically, forgetful.

Last edited by perseus11; May 31, 2014 at 4:49 pm
Old May 31, 2014, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by perseus11
If you take BOLT Bus, you'll get off at the Amtrak Station ("30th Street Station"). Go inside and ask for the location of the Airport trains. Take 1 to the terminal stop closest to your departure. If you take Greyhound, after exiting the Bus Station (10th and Filbert St), walk across Filbert Street and enter the MARKET-EAST Septa STATION (Big Signs - you can't miss it). From there, ask a Septa employee for directions to the Airport Trains. Here's the schedules for both 30th Street and Market East: http://www.septa.org/schedules/rail/pdf/air.pdf
Fare: $6.50 One Way from either Location.

There are lot's of trains in both of the above stations, don't get on the wrong one!
Of course you could easliy take a cab to the airport directly from either of the above Bus stops. The City Regulated FLAT fare from either location is $28.50 + tip, regardless of how long it takes. Make certain the cab driver confirms the Flat fare, before you go - some are to put it diplomatically, forgetful.
Great info. Thank you very much. Any touristy things to around either stop? Any place to keep carry on sized luggage for a few hours?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.