Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AUS / Austin - Bergstrom Int'l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
Gate 13 Admirals Club

Link to AUS information on aa.com.
Link to AUS web site

Hours: Please see here for current hours and further information.

Amenities:
  • Beverages, and Food For Purchase
  • Personal Computers with Internet Connection
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Conference room seating up to 8
Print Wikipost

AUS / Austin - Bergstrom Int'l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:38 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
The BA folks that are entitled for access to this lounge get free anything, any drink, and any food they would like.
Is that true? When you're on a BA ticket and visiting an AC lounge, the "food for purchase" is free? If so, then I need to visit a lot more ACs prior to BA flights!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Is that true? When you're on a BA ticket and visiting an AC lounge, the "food for purchase" is free? If so, then I need to visit a lot more ACs prior to BA flights!
It is at this lounge as BA has no alternative lounge to offer what their customers would consider "normal" service. So folks with a J or F ticket and OWSs , and OWEs on the BA AUS-LHR flight get this benefit. Now the food options top off at grilled paninis or sandwich wraps. Anyone connecting to any qualified int'l itinerary of course also gets free drink chits as well..
Old May 7, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just entered on 5/7 and the putting green is gone. Replaced with seats.
Old May 7, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Catbert10
Sad..
Old May 7, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Honestly, if that is where I needed to sit, would probably just skip the club and find somewhere in the terminal.

I was sort of hoping the AUS club would avoid the rest of the fate of my fair city (which is becoming hot, crowed, and expensive) but alas, I guess not.

Regards
Old May 7, 2018, 11:42 am

Also, the business center has been gutted. The cubicles are gone and replaced by seats with small tables. Kind of like fancy versions of school desks. No power as far as I can see. The open desks against the window facing the terminal are still there.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:00 pm

I Love my Austin AC- But It Needs a Big Upgrade After DL's New Lounge Opened

I love the folks at the AUS AC. Great service, personable, but the facilities have just gotten major competition and I wonder how/if they will respond.

A new DL Sky Club Lounge just opened and looks beautiful, has an outdoor terrace, a premium bar, and power outlets everywhere. I'll let TPG take it from here.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/tpg-sn...y-club-lounge/

" That all changes today with the launch of Delta’s newest Sky Club, located left of security checkpoint 1. We first heard of this brand-new lounge back in February 2018, and the Sky Club is opening right on schedule with its projected Spring 2019 launch date that was announced at the time. "
Old May 21, 2019, 3:14 pm

I love the folks at the AUS AC. Great service, personable, but the facilities have just gotten major competition and I wonder how/if they will respond.

A new DL Sky Club Lounge just opened and looks beautiful, has an outdoor terrace, a premium bar, and power outlets everywhere. I'll let TPG take it from here.

" That all changes today with the launch of Delta’s newest Sky Club, located left of security checkpoint 1. We first heard of this brand-new lounge back in February 2018, and the Sky Club is opening right on schedule with its projected Spring 2019 launch date that was announced at the time. "
Delta made a good choice, there are plenty of people here who would be willing to switch to Delta for business travel.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:23 pm

starting in Nov, unless you fly AA you can't enter the Admirals Club. I don't think people are going to change to Delta because of a lounge that's nicer than AA's lounge. If they're not already on Delta, it's likely because DL's flights don't work as well for them as Southwest of United or AA. That doesn't go away because they got what appears to be a very nice new lounge. They're likely elite level with AA and invested/have some loyalty, a lot to walk away from to go to DL if it's not that convenient to fly with them already. Who's going to connect in Atlanta for everything just to sit in a new lounge? (Obviously an exaggeration, I realize there are more choices than that for flights, but you get my point). I seriously doubt AA does much to respond.unless United does first. Southwest being lounge free, doesn't matter. How is United's lounge compared to AA's?
Old May 22, 2019, 9:55 am

The new Sky Club in Austin definitely ups Delta's game. It may remove the last bit of hesitation for people who are on the fence between sticking with AA or moving to DL. That said, renovating the AC isn't the response AA needs. AA needs to improve their operations so that people aren't spending so much time in the club waiting for their delayed flights.
zarkov505 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:07 am

The new Sky Club in Austin definitely ups Delta's game. It may remove the last bit of hesitation for people who are on the fence between sticking with AA or moving to DL. That said, renovating the AC isn't the response AA needs. AA needs to improve their operations so that people aren't spending so much time in the club waiting for their delayed flights.
But what if was a nicer lounge? Make the waits for delays nicer..
Old May 22, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
AA could renovate the AUS AC... and it would still look 10 years behind the new DL Sky Club. They killed it with the design elements in that lounge.

AA and their fugly red chairs will continue to miff me until day I pass into the next life.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
There tends to be a tailored menu depending on the airline. If I visit my home club at SAN when flying AA, then I get well drinks and food for purchase as part of my Admirals Club membership. If I’m flying BA as a OW, then I get a BA food menu and better drinks (if sparkling wine in a can is somehow better) and I’ll expect a similar experience when flying JAL in September.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan

Suddenly I have a reason to keep the Amex Platinum card. Or not, i just read you must have a Delta ticket, like the AC is doing in November. ugh.

Last edited by boerne; Jun 1, 2019 at 12:37 pm Reason: found new data
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by econometrics
AA could renovate the AUS AC... and it would still look 10 years behind the new DL Sky Club. They killed it with the design elements in that lounge.

AA and their fugly red chairs will continue to miff me until day I pass into the next life.
Yeah, its crowded with passengers and furniture that its a bit worn, but you just won't be able to replace the super team that staffs that AC. IMHO they rival the well known, super team at BNA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.