Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AUS / Austin - Bergstrom Int'l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
Gate 13 Admirals Club

Link to AUS information on aa.com.
Link to AUS web site

Hours: Please see here for current hours and further information.

Amenities:
  • Beverages, and Food For Purchase
  • Personal Computers with Internet Connection
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Conference room seating up to 8
Print Wikipost

AUS / Austin - Bergstrom Int'l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Truck Guy
^ One of my favorite AC's, small but comfy and the people are great.
Exactly. I've long said the small clubs were among the best ones and AUS is possibly the best small club. Though I do wish it was easier to view the tarmac from there (not that I blame AA for that!).
Old Jan 26, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jeffo
Much better to buy some food before going into the club. All the restaurants in the AUS airport are local to Austin. You'll have many choices when walking from the AS gate to the AA club.
May I recommend bringing a delicious Salt Lick BBQ meal into the Club, which you can wash down with a Shiner Bock or two. Then allow yourself time to pick up some Amy's Ice Cream before boarding the plane. You'll be feeling like a native in no time!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Let me chime in that this is a great club! The AAngels are wonderful and the celeb spotting can be better than LA. Enjoy!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by wrcraig
May I recommend bringing a delicious Salt Lick BBQ meal into the Club, which you can wash down with a Shiner Bock or two. Then allow yourself time to pick up some Amy's Ice Cream before boarding the plane. You'll be feeling like a native in no time!
Are they going to give me a hard time bringing that in the club...

Arriving on evening flight at 520 PM departing on an 8 AM one... so if I read the local laws right - I won't have access to adult beverages in the morning...
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:19 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beckoa
Admirals Clubs are usually ok with this, I've brought food into many of them (although admittedly, not AUS). If you're worried, just hide it and act casual. That's what I do at UA/US Clubs.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:20 pm

Arriving on evening flight at 520 PM departing on an 8 AM one... so if I read the local laws right - I won't have access to adult beverages in the morning...
There is a sign on the door that says no outside food (at least there used to be) but they don't enforce it.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by millionmiler
There is a sign on the door that says no outside food (at least there used to be) but they don't enforce it.
They have enforced it with me. Also, as the others said, it's a great airport with excellent food. It's my home airport and once of my favorites, so I may be somewhat biased.

However, my favorite airport is CLL. Basically you can arrive 30 minutes before your flight and not have to worry about missing it. Security is a breeze and they even have a little cafe.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rendezvous
They have enforced it with me. Also, as the others said, it's a great airport with excellent food. It's my home airport and once of my favorites, so I may be somewhat biased.

However, my favorite airport is CLL. Basically you can arrive 30 minutes before your flight and not have to worry about missing it. Security is a breeze and they even have a little cafe.
Alright I'll scarf it down before

Just a couple more hours.. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...935Z/KSEA/KAUS
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by wrcraig
Apparently Shiner Bock is not complimentary though

I just wanted half a glass, so the barkeep tried to sway me to a 'comp' item, but resisted and just went with a diet coke. Salt Lick was amazing... went there after the club closed as my flight was a bit late. Wonder how early Amy's opens.. and does Salt Lick serve BBQ for Bfast...
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:01 pm

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
As someone who has lived in Austin 18 years and has an old friend running the bar at the AC there I would like to tell you that Austin is terrible and I do not recommend that anyone moves here. Houston and Dallas have much more to offer. PSA done. But feel free to fly through periodically
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Apparently Shiner Bock is not complimentary though

I just wanted half a glass, so the barkeep tried to sway me to a 'comp' item, but resisted and just went with a diet coke. Salt Lick was amazing... went there after the club closed as my flight was a bit late. Wonder how early Amy's opens.. and does Salt Lick serve BBQ for Bfast...
Not sure Amy's will be open by the time you leave, but if the worst you do is eat Salt Lick BBQ before you leave AUS then you're doing pretty alright in my book ^
Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Salt Lick was amazing... went there after the club closed as my flight was a bit late. Wonder how early Amy's opens.. and does Salt Lick serve BBQ for Bfast...
I believe they do serve breakfast tacos...either there or in the Salt Lick taco stand that's located in the Ray Benson's Roadhouse bar.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by toast24
I believe they do serve breakfast tacos...either there or in the Salt Lick taco stand that's located in the Ray Benson's Roadhouse bar.
The Salt Lick taco stand is the *only* place one should go for breakfast. (imho, of course!). Pulled pork/egg/cheese with some bbq sauce is :-:.

As far as the regular Salt lick at the airport - it is hit or miss.

Last edited by Flyer_70; Jan 28, 2011 at 8:30 pm
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
It has been said many times - the AUS Admiral's Club is indeed very nice and the AAngels are nicer than any other club I have visited.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by mrlonghorn
It has been said many times - the AUS Admiral's Club is indeed very nice and the AAngels are nicer than any other club I have visited.
The club is "ok". The AAngels are "AAwesome".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.