Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Terminal 4 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Located within the Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club

Link to LAX information on aa.com.
Link to LAX web site.

NOTE: The Flagship Lounge reopened December 2017, as part of the extensive renovations at the LAX Club and Lounge, including expanding food offerings. The Flagship Lounge is now a First and Business class lounge. Inside the Flagship Lounge is a Flagship First Dining room. Flagship First Dining is restricted to those in Flagship First class on qualifying flights that also sell business class.

Airside, after security, across from Gate 40. Enter through the Admirals Club admit desk, request Flagship Lounge key card if qualified but not offered. Take lift / elevator to Club lobby. (NB: You should be given a black card to get in,.)

Opening hours
See here for hours.

Access rules
  • Traveling First or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated qualifying international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying or international segment
  • Traveling First or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK/BOS-LAX/SFO) . Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment
  • An American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, or Platinum customer departing on or connecting to a qualifying international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline, regardless of cabin flown
  • A oneworld First or Business Class international* customer departing on or connecting to a oneworld marketed and operated flight
  • A oneworld Emerald or Sapphire customer** departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary
*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Central and South America and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from this benefit

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean. OneWorld Emerald and Sapphire members who achieved status via frequent flyer programs other than American Airlines do qualify for access even when traveling on solely North American itineraries.

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access
Qualifying oneworld Emerald and Sapphire, First Class and Business passengers are allowed one guest. Admirals Club membership alone grants no access.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary computers with Internet serviceComplimentary WiFi Internet access
  • Complimentary wireless Hotspot printing
  • Complimentary self-service extended snacks and "distinctive meal" service
  • Complimentary premium liquor, beer and wine
  • Complimentary dining area (for buffet users)
  • Complimentary Bose® music / relax area with reclining seats
  • Complimentary flat screen televisions
  • Complimentary shower suites with high-end toiletries
Miscellaneous
You can now travel between the American Airlines and Legacy US Airways terminals without leaving Security via a shuttle service. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes between 5:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., with stops at Terminal 6 (Gate 65A) and Terminal 4 (down escalator by Gate 44) - or take a 10-minute walk via the connecting tunnel.

An airside shuttle bus runs from 4:00 PM from the shuttle bus terminal (down the escalator by Gate 44) to the Tom Bradley International Terminal , strictly for passengers with boarding passes departing TBIT on Qantas.

Yet another shuttle bus from ground level by Gate 44 connects to the Remote (American Eagle) terminal, with its own Club.
  • For LAX Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club, please refer to this thread
  • For the "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club in the remote American Eagle terminal see here.
  • For the Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounge, see here.
For archived older posts see: ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)
Print Wikipost

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Terminal 4 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Quimby4
Great news, thank you so much!! On this flight late May! Will I also have access upon arrival to MIA, gonna need dinner before heading the the St Regis Bal Harbour.
I don't know, I just asked about LAX upon departure via the web.
Personally, given that it lands at 9pm, I'm ready to vamoose the airport, if I'm hungry I can grab a media noche sandwhich at Versailles or head to Michael's Genuine Food and Drink for a real meal (just east of 95 one exit along the 395) for a real meal. But will be checking the flagship lounge in MIA later with before an IB flight to Spain.
Quimby4 likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Wow the obsession with polenta continues, dropped by FL after a great meal at QF F lounge just before my flight to LHR to be close to the gate and they have a build your own polenta station...it’s as if some demented and cruel focus group convinced someone at AA that all they need to make their catering top notch is more cowbell polenta.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
LAX Flagship Lounge (the regular part, not Flagship Dining) has the best bacon I've ever had!
teemuflyer likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:59 am

as already reported by Beachfan, LAX-MIA on 777-300ER includes access to FS Lounge
https://onemileatatime.com/american-...omment-4181431
Old May 13, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
While I missed out on the DFW lounge by a few days, I find myself in the LAX FSL bemoaning my lack of upgrade on now a completely full flight. Which means this fatty has someone next to him. Let's hope it's either the second fattest guy on the plane or one of the Olsen twins. They are tiny.

But in AA's master schema, they closed the build your own polenta bar while I was waiting in line at the Coca Cola freestyle machine for a lemon diet coke. Curses! Foiled again!
Old May 13, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by james318
While I missed out on the DFW lounge by a few days, I find myself in the LAX FSL bemoaning my lack of upgrade on now a completely full flight. Which means this fatty has someone next to him. Let's hope it's either the second fattest guy on the plane or one of the Olsen twins. They are tiny.

But in AA's master schema, they closed the build your own polenta bar while I was waiting in line at the Coca Cola freestyle machine for a lemon diet coke. Curses! Foiled again!
According to one of the employees in the LAX Flagship Lounge, they are begging the chef to find a new offering for the afternoon made-to-order food station. The polenta bar is on its third month in a row.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by jcatman
According to one of the employees in the LAX Flagship Lounge, they are begging the chef to find a new offering for the afternoon made-to-order food station. The polenta bar is on its third month in a row.
The fajita chicken was delicious. I don't like polenta anyway, it was just the principle of it. Just another reminder to MorganB and Panjabi to watch their backs. AA is coming for them too. This plan doesn't end until they get all six infinity stones.... Wait... that was another plan....
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman
word from the opening is that the polenta bar and other offering were from Sodexo. New AC food is coming once all lounges have transition to HMS. Was told the cheese cubes are the first thing to go.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: points traveller
<del>

Last edited by diningdecadence; Jun 14, 2019 at 10:53 pm
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by 777lover

word from the opening is that the polenta bar and other offering were from Sodexo. New AC food is coming once all lounges have transition to HMS. Was told the cheese cubes are the first thing to go.
I hear the changeover took place on or before April 9. My recent visit to the Flagship Lounge last weekend confirms that the Polenta Bar survived the changeover. The Polenta in the Flagship Lounge is the evil twin to the Quinoa on the planes.......it's not going to die anytime soon. With enough rapini, filet mignon and sautéed Shashito peppers, that polenta becomes a contender for the quesadillas.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Hi everyone,

I'm flying LAX - SYD on July 3 with my sister and brother in law. I see that my status only lets me bring in 1 guest with me to the Flagship Lounge and they are strict on the limit. Is anyone flying out Wednesday night and has an extra plus one they would be willing to share? At the moment we probably plan to arrive at LAX at 830/9pm but have flexibility.
Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Aedion
Hi everyone,

I'm flying LAX - SYD on July 3 with my sister and brother in law. I see that my status only lets me bring in 1 guest with me to the Flagship Lounge and they are strict on the limit. Is anyone flying out Wednesday night and has an extra plus one they would be willing to share? At the moment we probably plan to arrive at LAX at 830/9pm but have flexibility.
Thanks!
FYI there's a dedicated thread for this sort of request...

Guide: Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge etc. Meet Up & Guest Offer
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
FYI there's a dedicated thread for this sort of request...

Guide: Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge etc. Meet Up & Guest Offer
Except one is not supposed to be requesting access on that thread (either)..
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Except one is not supposed to be requesting access on that thread (either)..
That thread does explicitly state not to request there, and I actually forgot that one existed since it has not been bumped recently.
Since it isnt allowed there, I can see how it is faux pax to ask in this thread and on the forum in general. I can understand the desire to moderate the forum to not get bombarded with requests.

Having 2 guests with me just put me in this predicament, KAL doesnt accept PP after 7pm and the centurion is non existent. Just wanted to reach out before just ending up at PF changs.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Aedion
That thread does explicitly state not to request there, and I actually forgot that one existed since it has not been bumped recently.
Since it isnt allowed there, I can see how it is faux pax to ask in this thread and on the forum in general. I can understand the desire to moderate the forum to not get bombarded with requests.

Having 2 guests with me just put me in this predicament, KAL doesnt accept PP after 7pm and the centurion is non existent. Just wanted to reach out before just ending up at PF changs.
I know it is somewhat hidden, but it is literally in the first post of the thread. And cross posting is also against FT rules.. But I hope you do find someone to assist you anyway..

Please take a few moments to read the terms and conditions here, as these may vary from other, similar threads on FlyerTalk.

A number of members have requested this feature, so we have responded.

This is a new venture for this Forum given that previous threads have tended to become argumentative or / and inject inappropriate personal commentary about other members. We are all in favor of enhancing community, and we will be firm adhering to the TOS / Guidelines and Rules for FT and for this thread in support of that goal.● The purpose of this thread is primarily to function as a social, community-building tool, not primarily a way to gain free access to the AC, even though that may be offered. It should ideally be used most by people who are already both AC members, or those with admission legitimized by itinerary and status, deciding or offering to meet up.

● Making an offer of guesting others in is permissible under AA Admirals Club Terms and Conditions, and so it is here. The AC / FL agents are there to enforce admission policies, so we will leave it to them to do so. (Discourse on how those members offering are going to cause financial hardship to the AC or deny legitimate members services will be treated as off topic / dilatory.)

● Please list date, time frame, specific lounge, number of guests you can host and any requirements (e.g. "must be flying onward on oneworld", etc.)

● Note most lounges require guests to depart when their host departs; some guest requirements by access or class of service may have further requirements guests be flying out on oneworld flights, etc. It is your responsibility to assure you will meet these requirements.

● We have decided for the moment to not allow posts solely asking to be guested into the lounges at this time. If a member specifically offers guesting, please PM that member, and do so respectfully.

● Those posts not meeting the T&Cs will be summarily deleted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.