Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Energy Plus AA Bonus Offers (consolidated)

Energy Plus AA Bonus Offers (consolidated)

Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:25 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Gexa currently offers a 12-month rate of 8.0 cents with a choice of either AA or CO miles.

According to powertochoose.org, that is the lowest 12-month "fixed" rate available.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by thebat
I just cancelled my Energy Plus. I got 10K CO miles a year or so ago. At first, the rate was OK but it began creeping up. In January, I was paying over $.14/kwhr. I quickly changed to ConEd. This is in CT so YM will certainly vary.
Exact same experience and resolution here. Also in CT.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by diaspora04
Yep. I just got my 10k deposited in my account, but I've never had a ConEd bill for over $200 in the winter before. I looked at my statement, and I was charged something like 18-20c/kWh!!

Putting in the switch order now...
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
+1 in CT too. Rate was good initially, but eventually crept so high, last month's bill was the highest ever, so have switched to a different supplier.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: 2,894,211 AA miles and counting
When do you sit in the dark and cold?

IF you believe the website, 100% of the electricity is from wind. So do you sit in the dark and cold (or hot in summer) when the wind does not blow while you neighbor does not? Am I missing something or is someone playing with the words?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 12:10 pm

Be careful about the rate. For 2011 Energy Plus is about 50% more expensive than Con Ed in Connecticut.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by [email protected]
IF you believe the website, 100% of the electricity is from wind. So do you sit in the dark and cold (or hot in summer) when the wind does not blow while you neighbor does not? Am I missing something or is someone playing with the words?
Maybe not,
right now, it is more expensive to get electricity from sun or wind even though they are free resources b/c the technology has not caught up yet. Most prices are heavily subsidize by the gov't. to stay competitive.
Burning fuel is still the cheapest now. Current gov't is pumping billions to research better ways to generate power unlike the old administration that didn't fund much into alternative ways due to their heavy involvement in oil lobbies (remember Bush actually owns oil wells).
Old Mar 12, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by phantomtiger
Maybe not,
right now, it is more expensive to get electricity from sun or wind even though they are free resources b/c the technology has not caught up yet. Most prices are heavily subsidize by the gov't. to stay competitive.
Burning fuel is still the cheapest now. Current gov't is pumping billions to research better ways to generate power unlike the old administration that didn't fund much into alternative ways due to their heavy involvement in oil lobbies (remember Bush actually owns oil wells).
Of course, if non-burn energy production made economic sense, private industry would probably have developed it already.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
In CT as well. Thanks so much for these posts. I just looked at my last bill and wow did the rate soar. I think I will be another switching to Con Ed. Certainly not worth the few AA miles I am getting from Energy Plus. Also emailed my daughter to check her bill and look at switching. For her, it was nice in that it kept her AA miles alive as she rarely flies.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Passport
Just got this offer today.... 7.9˘ per kWh* - Texas

Power Your Home or Business with Energy Plus and Earn Miles
Choose Energy Plus® to supply electricity to your home or business and enjoy the following:
Earn 7,500 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after two months as an Energy Plus customer*
Year-round unlimited miles — earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend on the Energy Plus portion of your bill*
A low rate of 7.9˘ per kWh*
No sign-up or cancellation fees and no long-term commitment required
The option to go green and support 100% wind power

T&Cs -

Promotional mileage and bonus offer is only available to new Energy Plus customers. 7,500 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles will be awarded to AAdvantage® members after completing two months of active service with Energy Plus. 7,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles will appear in your AAdvantage® account 8-12 weeks after your service starts. Members will earn 2 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles for every $1 of electricity consumption actually billed to and paid for excluding TDSP delivery charges, taxes and certain non-recurring fees and charges. Your local utility company will continue to deliver your electricity. Energy Plus reserves the right to discontinue or modify the program and other special offers cannot be combined with this offer. Offer valid for TX residents only excluding areas where a municipally owned electric utility or electric cooperative (co-op) has not chosen to participate in retail competition.

*The 7.9˘ rate for residential accounts (based on an average usage of 1,000 kWh per month) or the 7.9˘ rate for business accounts (based on an average usage of 2,500 kWh per month) will be applied during your first billing cycle; the monthly variable price may change in subsequent months at the sole discretion of Energy Plus Holdings LLC (PUCT License #10172). Please refer to the Electricity Facts Label (EFL) for more information.

Last edited by smacktim; Mar 17, 2011 at 1:35 pm Reason: Added T&C's
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Same in NYC. The rates slowly creeps up month by month. My house is wired with two meters; one for first floor and basement and one for second floor. I put EnergyPlus on the 2nd floor since we rarely go past $25 a month unless the A/C is on. Switching back to ConEd now that spring is approaching since it takes about two months to switch supplier.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:24 pm

Any experiences here in Illinois? The $0.076 for the first month supply is just a tad lower than ComEd, so I'll at least win there and if it creeps up after that I'll just cancel it and go back. We live on the first floor of a 2-flat and the electricity bill is typically quite low, so even if I see a big jump I can't see being out more than $25-50 for 5,000 points, which is a bargain.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by smacktim
Power Your Home or Business with Energy Plus and Earn Miles
Choose Energy Plus® to supply electricity to your home or business and enjoy the following:
Earn 7,500 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after two months as an Energy Plus customer*
Year-round unlimited miles — earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend on the Energy Plus portion of your bill*
A low rate of 7.9˘ per kWh*
No sign-up or cancellation fees and no long-term commitment required
The option to go green and support 100% wind power
Was there a link or offer code given?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by swag
I had been with Gexa, but they jacked the rates way up (~19 c) for their month-to-month plans. And I didn't want to sign a contract since I rent and was thinking I might move soon. So now I'm paying a good rate with another company but not earning miles.
Check the T&Cs to see if you can break your contract if you move. Many plans give you an out or allow you to transfer the plan if your new residence is eligible.

That said, I got my Direct Energy bonus with Delta and switched after a few months (to a non-miles earning provider with the best 2 year rate).
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:38 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Beware!

I posted about my experience with EnergyPlus. They will cost you far more than the value of the miles you get.

It might be worth signing up for the initial bonus, but you should switch away as soon as it posts.

http://www.sitinfirst.com/2011/03/be...ur-power-bill/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.