Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GFrye
ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Terminal 3 Flagship Lounge Within H-K Admirals Club complex

Link to ORD information.

Link to ORD web site.

LOCATION: Past security, in the crosswalk between gates H6 and K6 (closer to Gate H6). Within the Admirals Club complex. Open as of 14 Sep 2017.

Link to 13 Sep 2017 illustrated article by Gary Leff, View from the Wing.

NOTE: See below for detailed Flagship Lounge access rules. Qualifying oneworld First and Emerald passengers may host one guest.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Meals throughout the day
    • PCs with Internet access
      • Wi-Fi
        • PrinterOn® printing
          • Cell-phone free area (separate room)
            • Note: showers available in H/K Admirals Club

NEW FLAGSHIP LOUNGE ACCESS POLICY
As part of "In spring 2017 (sic), we’ll start introducing our all-new, larger Flagship® Lounges – completely redesigned for qualifying First and Business Class customers.

Features
  • More room for you to spread out and relax
    • Larger buffet with premium, fresh meals
      • Premium beer, wine and spirits
        • Updated interiors with additional power and privacy options
          • More staff in each lounge for the highest level of service

American Airlines is expanding access to the Flagship® Lounges (but reducing access to Flagship® Dining within the Flagship® Lounges):

Expanded access

In the new Flagship® Lounges (not to be confused with Flagship® Dining), eligible customers are:
  • First and Business Class customers (on qualifying international flights or 3-class transcontinental markets*)
    • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including Concierge Key), Platinum Pro and Platinum members in any cabin (on qualifying international flights*)
      • oneworld® Emerald and Sapphire members in any cabin (on all qualifying flights**)

*Qualifying international cities include flights to and from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia and Mexico City only. Flights must be marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline. Domestic currently include A321T three class flights between JFK and LAX or SFO, and 77W MIA-LAX.

**AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling solely on North American itineraries (other than flights mentioned immediately above) will not qualify. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)

Gary Leff's access summary is useful:

The following passengers have access, although the way to think of this is that it’s a business class lounge — open to American Airlines Platinum elites and higher flying international, ConciergeKey members flying domestic, business class passengers and oneworld sapphire (mid-tier) elites any time.

Business or first class passengers flying on American or oneworld airlines flying to Asia Pacific, Europe, Central or South America and Mexico. (First class passengers may bring in one guest, business class passengers do not get guests.)

Business or first class passengers flying non-stop New York JFK – Los Angeles or San Francisco and Los Angeles – Miami.

American’s Platinum (and Platinum Pro) elite members and above flying internationally or connecting to an international flight on American or oneworld, with one guest permitted.

ConciergeKey members even on domestic flights, with one guest permitted.

Non-American Airlines oneworld Emerald (top tier) and Sapphire (mid tier) members even on domestic flights with one guest permitted.

Link to ORD Concourse H-K (Gate H-6) Connector Admirals Club thread

Terminal 3 serves AB [flights end 24 Sep 2017]*, AA, AS, IB*, (*departures only)

Obsolete posts about the K-19 Flagship Lounge, now closed, have been archived to ARCHIVE: ORD / Chicago O'Hare CLOSED K-19 Flagship Lounge

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

ORD / Chicago O'Hare International Airport Terminal 3 H-K Connector
new Flagship Lounge

The new (14 Sep 2027 hard opening) Flagship Lounge is accessed via the H-K connector Admirals Club complex. Once you have checked in, the Lounge and Club are accessed by an elevator / a lift.

• Front desk is on the main floor

• Flagship Lounge is on the next floor, in the old Business Center space

• Admirals Club is on the top floor
Attached Images  

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 13, 2017 at 3:18 pm
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:28 pm

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Apt. Flagship Lounge (new 9/2017)

The New Flagship First (and I assume Business also with the rule changes) lounge opens on 9/13 according to the International First Lounge check in Agent today.

(this should probably be merged with the lounge thread but for whatever reason I couldn't find it.)
Prospero likes this.

Last edited by SteveinA2; Sep 10, 2017 at 4:36 pm
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SteveinA2
The New Flagship First (and I assume Business also with the rule changes) lounge opens on 9/13 according to the International First Lounge check in Agent today.

(this should probably be merged with the lounge thread but for whatever reason I couldn't find it.)
That date (give or take a day) mentioned here as well:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28758552-post779.html
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm flying through ORD on the 13th from BCN (and JFK). I'll be sure to post a review if it is indeed open.
JonNYC, LINDEGR and brewdog11 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for the info! I have a 3hr layover on an international itinerary in ORD on 9/15, so I'll definitely check it out. Any idea where it's located?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:38 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by swingaling
Thanks for the info! I have a 3hr layover on an international itinerary in ORD on 9/15, so I'll definitely check it out. Any idea where it's located?
Directly below the H-K Admirals Club, i.e. the prior elevator stop.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Seems to be relatively confirmed:
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
I'm looking forward to this one! Since the JFK Flagship opened (and especially Flagship Dining), I've become particular about routing TATL flights through JFK; happy to have another nice option!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:52 am

I am flying ORD-LAX next Wednesday, then LAX-HND on Thursday (two separate PNRs, with an overnight in LAX), as an EXP in Business. Do you think I can get the lounge agents to let me in to the new Flagship lounge at ORD by showing them my boarding pass for LAX-HND the next day?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer
I am flying ORD-LAX next Wednesday, then LAX-HND on Thursday (two separate PNRs, with an overnight in LAX), as an EXP in Business. Do you think I can get the lounge agents to let me in to the new Flagship lounge at ORD by showing them my boarding pass for LAX-HND the next day?
Not likely. Rule states the international flight must be the same day.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by swingaling
Not likely. Rule states the international flight must be the same day.
Not quite
*Departing flight must be the same-day (or before 6 a.m. the following day).
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:05 pm

Thanks - looks like I'll have to check it out another time. LAX-HND is 10am the next day
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Thursday it is for official grand re-open:

Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Sure...a day after I'm there! Does this mean I should still use the lounge at the end of K? Guess if nothing else, I'll get to make sure the drink supplies are properly cleared out

Ya know, just trying to do my part to make the move easier
zpaul likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Sure...a day after I'm there! Does this mean I should still use the lounge at the end of K? Guess if nothing else, I'll get to make sure the drink supplies are properly cleared out
I'm not 100% clear on the subject, but I think there's some indication that it may be in a form of soft-open, so certainly worth trying if you're there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.