Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GFrye
ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Terminal 3 Flagship Lounge Within H-K Admirals Club complex

Link to ORD information.

Link to ORD web site.

LOCATION: Past security, in the crosswalk between gates H6 and K6 (closer to Gate H6). Within the Admirals Club complex. Open as of 14 Sep 2017.

Link to 13 Sep 2017 illustrated article by Gary Leff, View from the Wing.

NOTE: See below for detailed Flagship Lounge access rules. Qualifying oneworld First and Emerald passengers may host one guest.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Meals throughout the day
    • PCs with Internet access
      • Wi-Fi
        • PrinterOn® printing
          • Cell-phone free area (separate room)
            • Note: showers available in H/K Admirals Club

NEW FLAGSHIP LOUNGE ACCESS POLICY
As part of "In spring 2017 (sic), we’ll start introducing our all-new, larger Flagship® Lounges – completely redesigned for qualifying First and Business Class customers.

Features
  • More room for you to spread out and relax
    • Larger buffet with premium, fresh meals
      • Premium beer, wine and spirits
        • Updated interiors with additional power and privacy options
          • More staff in each lounge for the highest level of service

American Airlines is expanding access to the Flagship® Lounges (but reducing access to Flagship® Dining within the Flagship® Lounges):

Expanded access

In the new Flagship® Lounges (not to be confused with Flagship® Dining), eligible customers are:
  • First and Business Class customers (on qualifying international flights or 3-class transcontinental markets*)
    • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including Concierge Key), Platinum Pro and Platinum members in any cabin (on qualifying international flights*)
      • oneworld® Emerald and Sapphire members in any cabin (on all qualifying flights**)

*Qualifying international cities include flights to and from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia and Mexico City only. Flights must be marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline. Domestic currently include A321T three class flights between JFK and LAX or SFO, and 77W MIA-LAX.

**AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling solely on North American itineraries (other than flights mentioned immediately above) will not qualify. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)

Gary Leff's access summary is useful:

The following passengers have access, although the way to think of this is that it’s a business class lounge — open to American Airlines Platinum elites and higher flying international, ConciergeKey members flying domestic, business class passengers and oneworld sapphire (mid-tier) elites any time.

Business or first class passengers flying on American or oneworld airlines flying to Asia Pacific, Europe, Central or South America and Mexico. (First class passengers may bring in one guest, business class passengers do not get guests.)

Business or first class passengers flying non-stop New York JFK – Los Angeles or San Francisco and Los Angeles – Miami.

American’s Platinum (and Platinum Pro) elite members and above flying internationally or connecting to an international flight on American or oneworld, with one guest permitted.

ConciergeKey members even on domestic flights, with one guest permitted.

Non-American Airlines oneworld Emerald (top tier) and Sapphire (mid tier) members even on domestic flights with one guest permitted.

Link to ORD Concourse H-K (Gate H-6) Connector Admirals Club thread

Terminal 3 serves AB [flights end 24 Sep 2017]*, AA, AS, IB*, (*departures only)

Obsolete posts about the K-19 Flagship Lounge, now closed, have been archived to ARCHIVE: ORD / Chicago O'Hare CLOSED K-19 Flagship Lounge

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Yes, same-day international biz ticket grants access to Flagship Lounge.

Outbound, be sure to take the bus from T3 to T5. That way, you don't have to re-clear security. It departs near gate K-20. In T5 you can use the BA lounge (or whatever other lounge RJ has contracted with).

Definitely use the Flagship lounge on the outbound. RJ uses the AF/KLM lounge in T5, which is not worth spending time in. The BA lounge in T5 is notoriously stingy in allowing non-BA/CX passengers in and will say the lounge is "at capacity," even when it clearly is not (at least in my experience).

On the return, as others have said, there should be no issues accessing the Flagship lounge, even if the connecting flight is in economy and on a separate PNR, as long as one has the BP from the inbound int'l J flight.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Definitely use the Flagship lounge on the outbound. RJ uses the AF/KLM lounge in T5, which is not worth spending time in. The BA lounge in T5 is notoriously stingy in allowing non-BA/CX passengers in and will say the lounge is "at capacity," even when it clearly is not (at least in my experience).

On the return, as others have said, there should be no issues accessing the Flagship lounge, even if the connecting flight is in economy and on a separate PNR, as long as one has the BP from the inbound int'l J flight.
Appreciate the confirmation and advice. Looking forward to the Flagship Lounge!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: QF Gold
My sister is flying out of T3 at 2pm, and i'm flying out of T5 at 6pm in J (qatar). Anyone know if I'll be able to go checkout the flagship lounge in T3 then go to 5?

Also any way to check luggage in early (or at t3?). Doesn't make too much sense of 2 airport trips.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
On an outbound BA flight, took 90 minutes to eat and relax in the Flagship lounge instead of the terminal 5 junk. The Flagship lounge at ORD is much nicer than JFK. The food was over the top and the staff cleared the tables quickly. Perhaps I should re-route other flights through ORD now?
zpaul likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Chicago Gets It Right

Recently visited the ORD Flagship Lounge, and the food is certainly superior to what's coming out of the kitchen in Miami.

On Monday 2/19/18, just after Noon, there was sushi; multiple salads; soups; homemade potato chips; excellent charcuterie; lamb chops; free-range chicken pot pie; braised broccolini; beautiful cold beef tenderloin with potatoes and fresh baby greens; and about five other entrees which I cannot remember at this time. The hot food is served hot, and the cold foods are kept cold. Are you listening, Miami?

Drink stations are kept full and in immaculate condition. If you leave your seat for 2 minutes, the empty dishes won't be there when you return. Unlike the Bollinger at LAX and Miami, the Perrier-Jouet is kept on ice so it is beautifully cold. All of the coffee machines were operational and full of beans.

Due to a mechanical issue with the aircraft, I returned to the lounge again at 3:00pm. Much busier, but the outstanding conditions and service prevailed.

In Miami, your lucky to find a newspaper besides USA Today and a bunch of "glamour" magazines. In Chicago, there's the Chicago Tribune, Wall Street Journal and The New York Times......yes!

Check-in is a bit of a crap shoot, as there are three podiums without a main common queue. So, you could get behind a "five-minute" customer while other podiums churn through 7 or 8 parties in the same amount of time.

Congrats to American on a beautiful lounge at O'Hare.
serfty, aktchi, G-CIVC and 2 others like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by smitty06
ORD is my home airport and I have access to Flagship lounge through my British Airways Silver status. The same agent has tried to refuse my entrance on 2 occasions. Each time, I have showed her my boarding pass and my BA card. It has taken the involvement of another agent to get the invitation. What is the best non-confrontational way to explain the admittance policy to the agent to avoid the hassle?
would be useful to know if BA OWS are still get hassle on this? I’m due to travel through in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!
Old May 19, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
this!

This is is exactly right. The new Flagship lounges are nice, but they benefit J passengers and elites in whatever class.

I miss is the old F lounges. They were quiet and private. I can't stand the new Flagship lounges because I'm confined to the Flagship Dining area if I don't want to be mobbed and I want a seat.

I once looked forward and o the lounge at JFK. No more. And no more peace and quiet at O'Hare.

Originally Posted by UltraSean
Overall good move, although I kind of liked the old flagship lounge restricted to OWEs and F pax, less crowded and seats always available.
Given that AA does not operate F out of ORD (JL is the only ow carrier operating F at T3), this is fair enough.
Old May 19, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by embarcadero1
This is is exactly right. The new Flagship lounges are nice, but they benefit J passengers and elites in whatever class.

I miss is the old F lounges. They were quiet and private. I can't stand the new Flagship lounges because I'm confined to the Flagship Dining area if I don't want to be mobbed and I want a seat.

I once looked forward and o the lounge at JFK. No more. And no more peace and quiet at O'Hare.
I've visited both the MIA and ORD lounges multiple times in the last several months, and have never found any difficulties in finding a seat - either in the general dining area or in the more lounge-type seating. Most of the times I've had entire areas to myself. ORD's been practically empty the last couple of times I've been there. These lounges are huge - hard to see overcrowding as a problem, outside of a mass IROPs situation. YMMV.

Note: I do all that I can to avoid JFK - so I've not been in that lounge. Nor have I had an eligible trip through LAX since the Flagship opened there. So can't speak to either of those.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:05 am

Roller bag storage

Quick question: do any of the AC's at ORD allow roller bag storage? And is it permitted to leave it there for half a day? I have a long layover and might want to visit downtown Chicago for the afternoon.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:43 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by trvlr70
Quick question: do any of the AC's at ORD allow roller bag storage? And is it permitted to leave it there for half a day? I have a long layover and might want to visit downtown Chicago for the afternoon.
I'm gonna go with "no". At DFW and also some of the smaller clubs, the AC Staff will let you leave your bag with them, especially if you are a frequent guest and you know the AAngel. But at ORD? No way, no how. The G club doesn't have any suitable space. The other clubs will quickly tell you that they do not offer such a service.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:39 pm

Menu

Does anyone have a menu?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Crisphoarder
Does anyone have a menu?
Buffet menu?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:18 pm

Should I not be thinking like a BA first lounge? If I am thinking am wrong, does it change much from the posts earlier in the year which list out what is served?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:10 am

Should I not be thinking like a BA first lounge? If I am thinking am wrong, does it change much from the posts earlier in the year which list out what is served?

There is no menu or a la carte dining- it's buffet only. The mains and sides change regularly, with some things staying constant (sushi, cheeses, sliced meats, chips, etc.). There may also be a live cooking station depending on the time of day you're in the lounge.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
It's closer to a BA Galleries Club Lounge than First, except that a single variety of Champagne is available for self pour rather than having to request it from the staff. F&B is a notch above the standard Galleries Club offerings, but it is still a buffet.
jcatman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.