Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Old May 5, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GFrye
ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Terminal 3 Flagship Lounge Within H-K Admirals Club complex

Link to ORD information.

Link to ORD web site.

LOCATION: Past security, in the crosswalk between gates H6 and K6 (closer to Gate H6). Within the Admirals Club complex. Open as of 14 Sep 2017.

Link to 13 Sep 2017 illustrated article by Gary Leff, View from the Wing.

NOTE: See below for detailed Flagship Lounge access rules. Qualifying oneworld First and Emerald passengers may host one guest.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Meals throughout the day
    • PCs with Internet access
      • Wi-Fi
        • PrinterOn® printing
          • Cell-phone free area (separate room)
            • Note: showers available in H/K Admirals Club

NEW FLAGSHIP LOUNGE ACCESS POLICY
As part of "In spring 2017 (sic), we’ll start introducing our all-new, larger Flagship® Lounges – completely redesigned for qualifying First and Business Class customers.

Features
  • More room for you to spread out and relax
    • Larger buffet with premium, fresh meals
      • Premium beer, wine and spirits
        • Updated interiors with additional power and privacy options
          • More staff in each lounge for the highest level of service

American Airlines is expanding access to the Flagship® Lounges (but reducing access to Flagship® Dining within the Flagship® Lounges):

Expanded access

In the new Flagship® Lounges (not to be confused with Flagship® Dining), eligible customers are:
  • First and Business Class customers (on qualifying international flights or 3-class transcontinental markets*)
    • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including Concierge Key), Platinum Pro and Platinum members in any cabin (on qualifying international flights*)
      • oneworld® Emerald and Sapphire members in any cabin (on all qualifying flights**)

*Qualifying international cities include flights to and from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia and Mexico City only. Flights must be marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline. Domestic currently include A321T three class flights between JFK and LAX or SFO, and 77W MIA-LAX.

**AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling solely on North American itineraries (other than flights mentioned immediately above) will not qualify. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)

Gary Leff's access summary is useful:

The following passengers have access, although the way to think of this is that it’s a business class lounge — open to American Airlines Platinum elites and higher flying international, ConciergeKey members flying domestic, business class passengers and oneworld sapphire (mid-tier) elites any time.

Business or first class passengers flying on American or oneworld airlines flying to Asia Pacific, Europe, Central or South America and Mexico. (First class passengers may bring in one guest, business class passengers do not get guests.)

Business or first class passengers flying non-stop New York JFK – Los Angeles or San Francisco and Los Angeles – Miami.

American’s Platinum (and Platinum Pro) elite members and above flying internationally or connecting to an international flight on American or oneworld, with one guest permitted.

ConciergeKey members even on domestic flights, with one guest permitted.

Non-American Airlines oneworld Emerald (top tier) and Sapphire (mid tier) members even on domestic flights with one guest permitted.

Link to ORD Concourse H-K (Gate H-6) Connector Admirals Club thread

Terminal 3 serves AB [flights end 24 Sep 2017]*, AA, AS, IB*, (*departures only)

Obsolete posts about the K-19 Flagship Lounge, now closed, have been archived to ARCHIVE: ORD / Chicago O'Hare CLOSED K-19 Flagship Lounge

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Originally Posted by MikeFly
I disagree. I have gotten, no questions asked, access to the FL using it as an arrivals lounge. For example LHR-ORD on AA (no connecting flights) wanting to wait for a colleague arriving on UA a couple of hours later. Also, even if the domestic leg was on a separate PNR, they generally ask for your inbound BP or they look up the flight to grant access.

Admittedly, this has been my experience on multiple occasions and it may not reflect the written rules
how did you get back airside in T3 from T5 without a onward AA boarding pass?
Madison Guy likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Tried this lounge out yesterday for the first time. Very impressed. My home airport is JFK and I've been supercritical of the FL lounge there. It's too small, loud, frenetic. The Chicago lounge is the complete antithesis. Plenty of seating, enhanced food offerings, and an overall serene atmosphere. Last night they had a beef tenderloin carving station that was one of the best I've ever had. My only complaint is the weak wifi. Otherwise, two thumbs up.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
In terms of the FL, agree ORD > JFK.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA GLD for life, HH Gold, SPG gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, TSA pfd
Wow what a nice facility, it's a letdown to get on the plane! I had a 5PM departure and they had the coffee crusted beef tenderloin. They had Taittinger (next day Miami had Bollinger) and all sorts of top shelf liquors. They had take away bags for various candy treats. Very impressed with the staff attention and great attitude. Glad I requalified for EXP.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
ORD is my home airport and I have access to Flagship lounge through my British Airways Silver status. The same agent has tried to refuse my entrance on 2 occasions. Each time, I have showed her my boarding pass and my BA card. It has taken the involvement of another agent to get the invitation. What is the best non-confrontational way to explain the admittance policy to the agent to avoid the hassle?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:58 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by smitty06
ORD is my home airport and I have access to Flagship lounge through my British Airways Silver status. The same agent has tried to refuse my entrance on 2 occasions. Each time, I have showed her my boarding pass and my BA card. It has taken the involvement of another agent to get the invitation. What is the best non-confrontational way to explain the admittance policy to the agent to avoid the hassle?
Just say "OneWorld Sapphire on British Airways ... does it still qualify for Flagship Lounge?". If the answer is Yes (which happens to be the correct answer), you're in. If the answer is "no", gently explain that the AAgent is correct _IF_ we're talking about AA's own Platinums. But we're talking about other Oneworld Sapphire's (in this case, British Airways) and they do get lounge access on any flight.

AAgent isn't trying to be a jerk. Instead, just trying to do a job, albeit with insufficient training.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Just say "OneWorld Sapphire on British Airways ... does it still qualify for Flagship Lounge?". If the answer is Yes (which happens to be the correct answer), you're in. If the answer is "no", gently explain that the AAgent is correct _IF_ we're talking about AA's own Platinums. But we're talking about other Oneworld Sapphire's (in this case, British Airways) and they do get lounge access on any flight.

AAgent isn't trying to be a jerk. Instead, just trying to do a job, albeit with insufficient training.
I agree the agent is not trying to be rude and I don't want to come off as a jerk, but I do want in without hassle. I think the problem is that they aren't used to people having access on domestic itineraries from ORD.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Since it has happened twice with the same person, and eventually you have been granted access, perhaps the third time will be the charm. And I can't imagine that you are the only non-AA OWS or OWE requesting access to this lounge on a domestic only itinerary.
smitty06 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 10:42 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I agree the agent is not trying to be rude and I don't want to come off as a jerk, but I do want in without hassle. I think the problem is that they aren't used to people having access on domestic itineraries from ORD.
Perhaps hand over your BP with a smile, and helpfully chime in with, "The British Airways Sapphire status makes this an International Itinerary for me, which grants access to the Flagship Lounge".
smitty06 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:32 pm

A previous post here says Iberia business class cannot access the AA Flagship lounge at ORD. According to AA's website, it says "Qualifying First and Business Class: Get access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld®airline.*

I see that such an itinerary cannot access the Flagship First services, but should be ok for the rest of the lounge?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL PM
Will be flying Royal Jordanian in biz round trip from Chicago, and planning positioning flights now.
  1. Once I arrive at ORD, would I have access to the Flagship Lounge based on the onward RJ ticket (prior to moving over to the international terminal)?
  2. On the way back, once I clear immigration/customs and re-enter the domestic terminal, would the RJ ticket in combination with a continuing separate AA ticket grant access to FL or the Admirals Club?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:18 am

Yes, same-day international biz ticket grants access to Flagship Lounge.

Outbound, be sure to take the bus from T3 to T5. That way, you don't have to re-clear security. It departs near gate K-20. In T5 you can use the BA lounge (or whatever other lounge RJ has contracted with).
Originally Posted by kamadzu4
Will be flying Royal Jordanian in biz round trip from Chicago, and planning positioning flights now.
  1. Once I arrive at ORD, would I have access to the Flagship Lounge based on the onward RJ ticket (prior to moving over to the international terminal)?
  2. On the way back, once I clear immigration/customs and re-enter the domestic terminal, would the RJ ticket in combination with a continuing separate AA ticket grant access to FL or the Admirals Club?

Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by dogbuckeye
A previous post here says Iberia business class cannot access the AA Flagship lounge at ORD. According to AA's website, it says "Qualifying First and Business Class: Get access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld®airline.*

I see that such an itinerary cannot access the Flagship First services, but should be ok for the rest of the lounge?
You should have no issues accessing the "new" Flagship Lounge with any OW Int'l business class ticket, including IB.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Yes, same-day international biz ticket grants access to Flagship Lounge.

Outbound, be sure to take the bus from T3 to T5. That way, you don't have to re-clear security. It departs near gate K-20. In T5 you can use the BA lounge (or whatever other lounge RJ has contracted with).

What about on the way back? The way this seems to read, I could have a domestic economy flight departing as late as 6am the following day and still be considered an “international business class passenger” as far as lounge access. Though the rules aren’t clear if it has to be all on the same PNR...

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/ORD/-1
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by kamadzu4

What about on the way back? The way this seems to read, I could have a domestic economy flight departing as late as 6am the following day and still be considered an “international business class passenger” as far as lounge access. Though the rules aren’t clear if it has to be all on the same PNR...

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/ORD/-1
You'd be fine upon arrival as long as your AA domestic connection is before 6:00 AM the next day. Does not need to be on the same PNR, just hang on to your Int'l J BP for admittance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.