Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GFrye
ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Terminal 3 Flagship Lounge Within H-K Admirals Club complex

Link to ORD information.

Link to ORD web site.

LOCATION: Past security, in the crosswalk between gates H6 and K6 (closer to Gate H6). Within the Admirals Club complex. Open as of 14 Sep 2017.

Link to 13 Sep 2017 illustrated article by Gary Leff, View from the Wing.

NOTE: See below for detailed Flagship Lounge access rules. Qualifying oneworld First and Emerald passengers may host one guest.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Meals throughout the day
    • PCs with Internet access
      • Wi-Fi
        • PrinterOn® printing
          • Cell-phone free area (separate room)
            • Note: showers available in H/K Admirals Club

NEW FLAGSHIP LOUNGE ACCESS POLICY
As part of "In spring 2017 (sic), we’ll start introducing our all-new, larger Flagship® Lounges – completely redesigned for qualifying First and Business Class customers.

Features
  • More room for you to spread out and relax
    • Larger buffet with premium, fresh meals
      • Premium beer, wine and spirits
        • Updated interiors with additional power and privacy options
          • More staff in each lounge for the highest level of service

American Airlines is expanding access to the Flagship® Lounges (but reducing access to Flagship® Dining within the Flagship® Lounges):

Expanded access

In the new Flagship® Lounges (not to be confused with Flagship® Dining), eligible customers are:
  • First and Business Class customers (on qualifying international flights or 3-class transcontinental markets*)
    • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including Concierge Key), Platinum Pro and Platinum members in any cabin (on qualifying international flights*)
      • oneworld® Emerald and Sapphire members in any cabin (on all qualifying flights**)

*Qualifying international cities include flights to and from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia and Mexico City only. Flights must be marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline. Domestic currently include A321T three class flights between JFK and LAX or SFO, and 77W MIA-LAX.

**AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling solely on North American itineraries (other than flights mentioned immediately above) will not qualify. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)

Gary Leff's access summary is useful:

The following passengers have access, although the way to think of this is that it’s a business class lounge — open to American Airlines Platinum elites and higher flying international, ConciergeKey members flying domestic, business class passengers and oneworld sapphire (mid-tier) elites any time.

Business or first class passengers flying on American or oneworld airlines flying to Asia Pacific, Europe, Central or South America and Mexico. (First class passengers may bring in one guest, business class passengers do not get guests.)

Business or first class passengers flying non-stop New York JFK – Los Angeles or San Francisco and Los Angeles – Miami.

American’s Platinum (and Platinum Pro) elite members and above flying internationally or connecting to an international flight on American or oneworld, with one guest permitted.

ConciergeKey members even on domestic flights, with one guest permitted.

Non-American Airlines oneworld Emerald (top tier) and Sapphire (mid tier) members even on domestic flights with one guest permitted.

Link to ORD Concourse H-K (Gate H-6) Connector Admirals Club thread

Terminal 3 serves AB [flights end 24 Sep 2017]*, AA, AS, IB*, (*departures only)

Obsolete posts about the K-19 Flagship Lounge, now closed, have been archived to ARCHIVE: ORD / Chicago O'Hare CLOSED K-19 Flagship Lounge

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by gateH15

FL dragons will allow this. If they will hesitate just say you require a special assistance and your wife will help you. 😉

Agreed. Did this in December, no problem. Just casually mentioned I figured it would be easier cleaning one shower than two, and that was that.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:29 am

Question about closing time- if there are delays on long-haul late night flights out of ORD, like say on 7/21/19, does AA keep the Flagship Lounge open later to accommodate those passengers? Had a friend on last night's AA 40 (didn't leave until 1 AM), and my family will be on the same flight next week. Wondering if we get a long delay and don't board until 11 PM or midnight, if the Lounge might stay open to allow a place for J passengers to rest?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DCJoe1
Question about closing time- if there are delays on long-haul late night flights out of ORD, like say on 7/21/19, does AA keep the Flagship Lounge open later to accommodate those passengers? Had a friend on last night's AA 40 (didn't leave until 1 AM), and my family will be on the same flight next week. Wondering if we get a long delay and don't board until 11 PM or midnight, if the Lounge might stay open to allow a place for J passengers to rest?
In the past I've found at JFK they close the lounge at published times regardless of delays. I've had this happen at CLT too in the AC, also out stations like TPA. Not sure if it is a local decision or corporate.
DCJoe1 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Some years back when it was the small separate lounge I had a delayed flight and the staff said that they would stay around until we boarded but that may have changed now that the lounge is much bigger and integrated with the AC.
DCJoe1 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I was on the late ~10:30pm ORD-LHR flight in December which of course was delayed to midnight, Flagship Lounge stayed open but they did put most of the food and drinks away.

Get to the gate and flight gets delayed again to 2am, didn't even bother going back, so not sure if they kept it open that late or not.
DCJoe1 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone noticed the recent insistence in the lounge for staff to pour wine in the late afternoon? I wonder if they have had too many people abusing it. They pour tiny little pours per person (champagne pours look more generous), but I prefer pouring my own. Anyone else experienced this? It's not just while they're standing there, which I have noticed in other lounges. At ORD, they insist on pouring it.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:04 pm

Granted a litle bit dated but when I was there last Oct. you could pour yourself or staff would pour/
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has anyone noticed the recent insistence in the lounge for staff to pour wine in the late afternoon? I wonder if they have had too many people abusing it. They pour tiny little pours per person (champagne pours look more generous), but I prefer pouring my own. Anyone else experienced this? It's not just while they're standing there, which I have noticed in other lounges. At ORD, they insist on pouring it.
Interesting. I have seen them be very attentive around the wine bar in MIA and ORD, and they have offered to pour but back away when I mention that I can pour my own, I've never seen them insist. Your theory may be correct - too many people starting the party too soon before their flights, but one can do that with all of the alcohol so I'm leaning towards perhaps being over their wine budget.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:34 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Visited the lounge for my first time yesterday. I was there from 3:30 to 6:00 PM.

It's a much nicer space than the old hidden FL at the end of K and it utilizes the same design the newer ACs and FLs have. There's plenty of seating, all with power, and my favorite part are the seats facing the windows looking at the runways and taxiways. I really enjoyed that.

Food was very, very good. Excellent steak tartare with quail egg and lobster deviled eggs. There was a small sushi selection as well. On the hot bar there was an okay turkey breast but a really good cod filet along with a number of sides. Dessert was a little limited but there was also an ice cream station with a man serving some kind of fancy ice cream dessert.

Wide selection of alcohol. There are also cans and bottles of sodas and sparkling waters, a Coke freestyle machine and a fridge of beer (pretty bad selection) and some sake.

My lone complaint was that dishes were not being picked up. When I arrived at 3:30 I found a bunch of dishes in the seat I wanted to sit in. I moved them a bit to the left and eventually after 5 a front desk agent came by to clean them. I mentioned they'd been there over 90 minutes and she said she'd talk to the kitchen. There were empty plates, cups and glasses all over the lounge though.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
My lone complaint was that dishes were not being picked up. When I arrived at 3:30 I found a bunch of dishes in the seat I wanted to sit in. I moved them a bit to the left and eventually after 5 a front desk agent came by to clean them. I mentioned they'd been there over 90 minutes and she said she'd talk to the kitchen. There were empty plates, cups and glasses all over the lounge though.
That's actually unusual. I'm there about once a month burning miles on award tickets, and the staff is usually almost too prompt about clearing dishes. But I'm usually there for either an 11am or a 2pm flight. Maybe a shift change or they were shorthanded?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
I do think the ORD FL is my favorite of the flagship lounges. I think it has the best food (although MIA is also pretty good), and the ample seating along the windows is great.

The ORD FL is especially great in the morning when it's empty. It does get more crowded later in the day.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:44 am

I agree. The ORD FL is the best in the system.....even sans Flagship Dining. The quality of the food and service excels.
zpaul and flyingeph12 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I wonder if FL will take precautions now. No more self serve food and booze? Or still biz as usual?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.