Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 3, 18, 3:35 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TPJ
Wiki Link
ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Terminal 3 Flagship Lounge Within H-K Admirals Club complex

Link to ORD information.

Link to ORD web site.

LOCATION: Past security, in the crosswalk between gates H6 and K6 (closer to Gate H6). Within the Admirals Club complex. Open as of 14 Sep 2017.

Link to 13 Sep 2017 illustrated article by Gary Leff, View from the Wing.

NOTE: See below for detailed Flagship Lounge access rules. Qualifying oneworld First and Emerald passengers may host one guest.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Meals throughout the day
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Wi-Fi
  • PrinterOn® printing
  • Cell-phone free area (separate room)
  • Note: showers available in H/K Admirals Club

NEW FLAGSHIP LOUNGE ACCESS POLICY
As part of "In spring 2017 (sic), we’ll start introducing our all-new, larger Flagship® Lounges – completely redesigned for qualifying First and Business Class customers.

Features
  • More room for you to spread out and relax
  • Larger buffet with premium, fresh meals
  • Premium beer, wine and spirits
  • Updated interiors with additional power and privacy options
  • More staff in each lounge for the highest level of service
American Airlines is expanding access to the Flagship® Lounges (but reducing access to Flagship® Dining within the Flagship® Lounges):

Expanded access

In the new Flagship® Lounges (not to be confused with Flagship® Dining), eligible customers are:
  • First and Business Class customers (on qualifying international flights or 3-class transcontinental markets*)

• AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including Concierge Key), Platinum Pro and Platinum members in any cabin (on qualifying international flights*)

• oneworld® Emerald and Sapphire members in any cabin (on all qualifying flights**)
*Qualifying international cities include flights to and from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia and Mexico City only. Flights must be marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline. Domestic currently include A321T three class flights between JFK and LAX or SFO, and 77W MIA-LAX.

**AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling solely on North American itineraries (other than flights mentioned immediately above) will not qualify. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)

Gary Leff's access summary is useful:

The following passengers have access, although the way to think of this is that it’s a business class lounge — open to American Airlines Platinum elites and higher flying international, ConciergeKey members flying domestic, business class passengers and oneworld sapphire (mid-tier) elites any time.

Business or first class passengers flying on American or oneworld airlines flying to Asia Pacific, Europe, Central or South America and Mexico. (First class passengers may bring in one guest, business class passengers do not get guests.)

Business or first class passengers flying non-stop New York JFK – Los Angeles or San Francisco and Los Angeles – Miami.

American’s Platinum (and Platinum Pro) elite members and above flying internationally or connecting to an international flight on American or oneworld, with one guest permitted.

ConciergeKey members even on domestic flights, with one guest permitted.

Non-American Airlines oneworld Emerald (top tier) and Sapphire (mid tier) members even on domestic flights with one guest permitted.

Link to ORD Concourse H-K (Gate H-6) Connector Admirals Club thread

Terminal 3 serves AB [flights end 24 Sep 2017]*, AA, AS, IB*, (*departures only)

Obsolete posts about the K-19 Flagship Lounge, now closed, have been archived to ARCHIVE: ORD / Chicago O'Hare CLOSED K-19 Flagship Lounge

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Old Dec 29, 18, 9:29 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Beachfun71 View Post

Nice - thanks! I guess the next question is: is it worth this effort to visit the Flagship Lounge (I’ve never been) vs. just hanging in BA Terraces Lounge?
If you have time and the train is running then it is worth it, if the train has shut down then the replacement shuttle bus may be too much trouble. One bonus is that T3 has Pre-Check which may not have been implemented at T5 yet.
Beachfun71 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 19, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Beachfun71 View Post

Nice - thanks! I guess the next question is: is it worth this effort to visit the Flagship Lounge (I’ve never been) vs. just hanging in BA Terraces Lounge?
The BA Lounge at T5 is among the worst lounges in the United States. I'd try to minimize my time there.
Abidjan, linglingfool and chitink like this.
Old Jan 3, 19, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
The BA Lounge at T5 is among the worst lounges in the United States. I'd try to minimize my time there.
This. I'd rather have a margarita at Frontera.
Old Feb 11, 19, 7:33 pm

Programs: 20 million points to burn!
My son is flying ORD-DOH in Biz on QR. The official line is that the Middle East isn't included in international flights that get access to this lounge. But in practice, will he be able to get in?
Old Feb 11, 19, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Preacher7 View Post
My son is flying ORD-DOH in Biz on QR. The official line is that the Middle East isn't included in international flights that get access to this lounge. But in practice, will he be able to get in?
The Middle East is most definitely included, your son will have no problem accessing the FL before his ORD-DOH flight. AA just doesn't list the Middle East on the Flagship Lounge access page because it doesn't fly it's own metal there. Just keep in mind the FL is in T3 and the QR flight will depart from T5, so there will be some shuttle buses involved.
aktchi and TEDisgone like this.
Old Feb 11, 19, 9:25 pm

Programs: 20 million points to burn!
Thx very much for confirming!
Old Feb 12, 19, 8:36 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
The Middle East is most definitely included, your son will have no problem accessing the FL before his ORD-DOH flight.
Assuming that he is 21 or older, as the FL has self service alcohol.
Old Feb 12, 19, 10:01 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, BA, AV, AC, KE, SQ, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
The Middle East is most definitely included, your son will have no problem accessing the FL before his ORD-DOH flight. AA just doesn't list the Middle East on the Flagship Lounge access page because it doesn't fly it's own metal there. Just keep in mind the FL is in T3 and the QR flight will depart from T5, so there will be some shuttle buses involved.
I'm connecting in ORD for DOH myself soon and wondered about access so thanks for answering. I've been to the Air France/KLM lounge over in T5 and it's not where I'd like to stay during my entire five-hour layover! With the trains between terminals down, I figure 2:30 or so in the FL before casually making my way over to T5 should be doable.
Old Feb 12, 19, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by TEDisgone View Post
I'm connecting in ORD for DOH myself soon and wondered about access so thanks for answering. I've been to the Air France/KLM lounge over in T5 and it's not where I'd like to stay during my entire five-hour layover! With the trains between terminals down, I figure 2:30 or so in the FL before casually making my way over to T5 should be doable.
Why would it matter that the train is down? Take the airside bus from T3 to T5. No need to go landside to take the train replacement bus to T5 and then have to clear security there.
Old Feb 12, 19, 11:30 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, BA, AV, AC, KE, SQ, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by GFrye View Post

Why would it matter that the train is down? Take the airside bus from T3 to T5. No need to go landside to take the train replacement bus to T5 and then have to clear security there.
For some reason I had it in my head that only connecting passengers on BA were able to use the airside bus but when I went to the airport's site (after typing my post above) to look up the transfer situation I saw no such language. Thanks - I'm learning all kinds of new things today!
GFrye likes this.
Old Feb 13, 19, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by TEDisgone View Post
For some reason I had it in my head that only connecting passengers on BA were able to use the airside bus
It used to be that only BA and QR offered bus transfer to their passengers, so you probably remember the past situation.
That changed in June 2017 when the current airport-run transfer bus service started.