Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GFrye
ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Terminal 3 Flagship Lounge Within H-K Admirals Club complex

Link to ORD information.

Link to ORD web site.

LOCATION: Past security, in the crosswalk between gates H6 and K6 (closer to Gate H6). Within the Admirals Club complex. Open as of 14 Sep 2017.

Link to 13 Sep 2017 illustrated article by Gary Leff, View from the Wing.

NOTE: See below for detailed Flagship Lounge access rules. Qualifying oneworld First and Emerald passengers may host one guest.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Meals throughout the day
    • PCs with Internet access
      • Wi-Fi
        • PrinterOn® printing
          • Cell-phone free area (separate room)
            • Note: showers available in H/K Admirals Club

NEW FLAGSHIP LOUNGE ACCESS POLICY
As part of "In spring 2017 (sic), we’ll start introducing our all-new, larger Flagship® Lounges – completely redesigned for qualifying First and Business Class customers.

Features
  • More room for you to spread out and relax
    • Larger buffet with premium, fresh meals
      • Premium beer, wine and spirits
        • Updated interiors with additional power and privacy options
          • More staff in each lounge for the highest level of service

American Airlines is expanding access to the Flagship® Lounges (but reducing access to Flagship® Dining within the Flagship® Lounges):

Expanded access

In the new Flagship® Lounges (not to be confused with Flagship® Dining), eligible customers are:
  • First and Business Class customers (on qualifying international flights or 3-class transcontinental markets*)
    • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including Concierge Key), Platinum Pro and Platinum members in any cabin (on qualifying international flights*)
      • oneworld® Emerald and Sapphire members in any cabin (on all qualifying flights**)

*Qualifying international cities include flights to and from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia and Mexico City only. Flights must be marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline. Domestic currently include A321T three class flights between JFK and LAX or SFO, and 77W MIA-LAX.

**AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling solely on North American itineraries (other than flights mentioned immediately above) will not qualify. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)

Gary Leff's access summary is useful:

The following passengers have access, although the way to think of this is that it’s a business class lounge — open to American Airlines Platinum elites and higher flying international, ConciergeKey members flying domestic, business class passengers and oneworld sapphire (mid-tier) elites any time.

Business or first class passengers flying on American or oneworld airlines flying to Asia Pacific, Europe, Central or South America and Mexico. (First class passengers may bring in one guest, business class passengers do not get guests.)

Business or first class passengers flying non-stop New York JFK – Los Angeles or San Francisco and Los Angeles – Miami.

American’s Platinum (and Platinum Pro) elite members and above flying internationally or connecting to an international flight on American or oneworld, with one guest permitted.

ConciergeKey members even on domestic flights, with one guest permitted.

Non-American Airlines oneworld Emerald (top tier) and Sapphire (mid tier) members even on domestic flights with one guest permitted.

Link to ORD Concourse H-K (Gate H-6) Connector Admirals Club thread

Terminal 3 serves AB [flights end 24 Sep 2017]*, AA, AS, IB*, (*departures only)

Obsolete posts about the K-19 Flagship Lounge, now closed, have been archived to ARCHIVE: ORD / Chicago O'Hare CLOSED K-19 Flagship Lounge

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Absolutely! Thanks JonNYC!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Great news as I can try it next week!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Gary has a pretty good review with a lot of photos:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....-whats-inside/
JonNYC and econometrics like this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Looks nice. I like the diversity of the different spaces - buffet, media room, dessert, bar, etc.

AA's design is still not modern enough, IMO, though. UA's Polaris branding and DL's in general are much cleaner and modern.
JonNYC, tbrein, zpaul and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; AA EXP; UA 1K
Overall good move, although I kind of liked the old flagship lounge restricted to OWEs and F pax, less crowded and seats always available.
Given that AA does not operate F out of ORD (JL is the only ow carrier operating F at T3), this is fair enough.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I've taken the liberty to archive the K-19 content, make this the master thread for the new H-K Flagship Lounge and add a Wikipost (including new access rules). /Moderator

It looks like a very good oneworld Business lounge, in essence. It appears the Admirals Club remains as a second class space for Club members and where there is no Flagship Lounge.
zpaul likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Due to thunderstorms and the ensuing backup at JFK, I missed my opportunity to check out the new lounge tonight. Just grateful that I made my connection.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP
At the new lounge currently. It's pretty nice. While it certainly doesn't hold a candle to The Pier in HKG, it's a solid lounge and WAY better than any AC I've been to.

Lots of food & drink options for breakfast, both hot and cold, western and Japanese. There's also a JAL ticketing agent in the lounge, which is very helpful for getting my boarding passes (AA could not generate them for me and web checking didn't work). Saved me from potentially having to exit to the main checking hall.

The only thing I miss is the snack mix with wasabi peas that one can dispense from the snack towers of sadness at all AC locations. The snacks here are different, as blogger reviews have shown. Solid experience overall though.
JonNYC, aktchi and DMPHL like this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Another impressive AA Flagship Lounge.

Spent and hour an a half here today between flights and wow, what a pleasant upgrade from the Admirals Club. Friendly AAngel checked me in downstairs, asked if I had heard about the new Flagship Lounge and gave me an invitation. Exiting the elevator on Level 2, another friendly AAngel stationed near the elevators welcomed me. Meant to take a pic of the invitation but I realized that she took it as I entered... which makes sense in case someone is tempted to re-use the invite.

Much larger than I had anticipated based on reports of those that were invited to the press launch last week with great views of the tarmac and H/K gates. Lots of good seating areas and plentiful work space counters with power outlets facing the tarmac.

Sure they're new, but the lav is very nice.

OK, how cool is this? A Bloody Mary Bar.

At the far left end of the lounge is the food and dining area.

A respectable selection of low to mid price ($12-$40) wines including Bollinger. Definitely a step up from the Admirals swill.

Serve yourself bar...

And an impressive selection of serve yourself food...

Blueberry BBQ Chicken...

Stone Ground Grits...

Miso Glazed Salmon...

Forbidden Black Rice and Stir Fry Veggies...

Red Curry Coconut Tofu...

Potato Rosti...

Toasted Pepper Pork Tenderloin with mango chile lime glaze, micro arugula, and the Thai noodle salad.

Field Greens, Watercress, Eyeground Carpaccio, and Carmelized Squash Salad...

I poured myself a glass of Burgundy and had lunch.

I was pretty hungry after the pathetic "Breakfast Sandwich" on my inbound from SNA, so I tried a sampler plate of various offerings.

And then dessert.

Kudos to AA on another excellent Flagship Lounge. Now if they would only stop serving cheap garbage for domestic meals, they might get more business from those of us that have pretty much dumped them for other airlines.

For more pics and an HD version of this report, please visit SFO777.com where I've posted the final installment.

Last edited by SFO777; Sep 21, 2017 at 10:51 pm
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by swingaling
The only thing I miss is the snack mix with wasabi peas that one can dispense from the snack towers of sadness at all AC locations.
Couldn't you just go one floor up and get some at the AC? Or, is AC members-only now?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:36 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I cleaned up the Wiki:

- added info AB service ends 24 Sep 2017
- removed QR as they moved to T5:

PHP Code:
QR RESPONSE                                                     
DOQR726
/22SEP                                                   
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              QR 726    0 FR 22SEP17    
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY 
CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL  
ORD          1920  FR JCDIRYBHKML
/M       77W        13:10      
                      VSNQTOW
/M                                 
DOH 1630  SA                                               13
:10
COMMENTS
-                                                       

1.ORD DOH   COCKPIT CREW QATAR AIRWAYS                       
 2.ORD DOH   
MEMBER OF ONEWORLD                               
 3.ORD DOH   
DEPARTS TERMINAL 5 
- removed US as they are now AA

PS. The lounge looks great...
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Actually on QR 726 in a few weeks. Will stop by before heading over to T5. Thanks for the pics. Looks great.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by aktchi
Couldn't you just go one floor up and get some at the AC? Or, is AC members-only now?
I'm not sure, but I didn't try to visit the AC. Visiting one of the other AC's, such as the one near G8, probably would have been easy enough. The way it's setup, you need an invitation to get admitted to the FL. Presumably I'd have had to go back downstairs to get an AC invite and a second FL invite to re-enter the FL.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I was there last Friday, it was nice Flagship Lounge and they had a person making "Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwich" around noon.

Last edited by fedechat; Sep 22, 2017 at 9:42 am
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by swingaling
I'm not sure, but I didn't try to visit the AC. Visiting one of the other AC's, such as the one near G8, probably would have been easy enough. The way it's setup, you need an invitation to get admitted to the FL. Presumably I'd have had to go back downstairs to get an AC invite and a second FL invite to re-enter the FL.
If you have access to the FL you have access to the AC, there are no "invitations" for the AC. If you check in and they let you through to the elevator, you're fine.
aktchi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.