Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BOS / Boston Logan International Airport B30 Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

BOS / Boston Logan International Airport Terminal B Gate B30 Admirals Club will close ~January 2019 with the consolidation of flight related services to a single low B gates area and reopened B4 Club.

Link to BOS information on aa.com.

Link to BOS web site

Location: The BOS - Boston Logan International Airport Admirals Club B30 is "Terminal B, upper level past security by gate B30." (aa.com)

Hours: Please see here on aa.com for current hours and further information.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers
  • Children's room
  • Conference Rooms
For photos of the refurbished BOS B30 AC, see dugknight's Post #58 and AAerSTL's Post #64.

Print Wikipost

BOS / Boston Logan International Airport B30 Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT,1.4MM
I agree Blumie. The bar is much bigger than it looks in the pics and the club is actually very comfortable now. It didn't feel crowded at all, but that could be because everybody was in the bar watching the football game. The area behind the old magazine racks is now closed off so it looks like they may be working there now. Not sure what they have in store. Anybody know?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:22 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by dugknight
OK, let's see if these pics load right. Thanks.
Thanks for posting! I've added a link from the OP.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM. HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie
I never thought it was a dump, but still it's significantly improved. It's worth popping in for a look; I think it's even nicer than the photos in this thread show.
well, dump may have been a little harsh. But by comparison to places like lax, dfw at the time, it didn't compare. Probably was on par with ord at the time, which was surprising given the audience in Chicago.

Part of why I never renewed, places I was most often in (bos, ord) it really wasn't that nice by comparison. As said, I'll definitely got take another look. Does anyone know if the refurbs are across the board? Are there still any older ones awaiting update.

Call me cheap, but gone are the days I don't think twice about paying 300 for somewhere to sit for 15 mins.

Does anyone know if they still have that smoking fishbowl at the AC in Ord? I can't imagine that still would be around, but don't want to assume...
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:21 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gamehendge2000
well, dump may have been a little harsh. But by comparison to places like lax, dfw at the time, it didn't compare. Probably was on par with ord at the time, which was surprising given the audience in Chicago.

Part of why I never renewed, places I was most often in (bos, ord) it really wasn't that nice by comparison. As said, I'll definitely got take another look. Does anyone know if the refurbs are across the board? Are there still any older ones awaiting update.

Call me cheap, but gone are the days I don't think twice about paying 300 for somewhere to sit for 15 mins.

Does anyone know if they still have that smoking fishbowl at the AC in Ord? I can't imagine that still would be around, but don't want to assume...
The smoking room in the ORD H/K AC is gone.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
More Pics

Bar area:
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1733/img0592c.jpg

Snack station:
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2769/img0591l.jpg

New seating area:
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3809/img0590o.jpg

Sorry for the terrible glare, I think it is a problem with my iPhone camera.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Thanks again to everyone for the photos! Big changes for sure.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:56 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Thanks to dugknight and AAerSTL for the pics! I was in the BOS AC on 1/15 and 1/16 and the partitions were still up. (Plus, the entire lounge smelled like the dishwasher behind the bar...that warm musty gym laundry smell... )

Like many others on this thread, BOS is my "home" AC. I'm looking forward to seeing the full lounge in all it's shiny glory.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 9:35 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Sorry for the terrible glare, I think it is a problem with my iPhone camera.
Try scaling them down and reuploading - that will sharpen them up a bit and bring them down to a size where you can embed them inline in your post.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT,1.4MM
Cool, thanks for the added pics AAerSTL. We must have just missed each other, when did you take those?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA, Marriott PLT, Starwood
I was just at the BOS AC today, on a run, and was really pleased to see the new, larger space, bigger bar, more room. I look forward to the added restrooms, but enjoyed my brief time there today ... also liked the carrots, celery and tomatoes at the snack area.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just there yesterday. While the wait seemed very long I think it was worth it. New bathrooms are great (mouthwash!) and light/space is much better than the old AC. All in, worth the wait. ^ (now finish up lhr t3! )
Old Jan 26, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
Used it yesterday and, being a user of BA Galleries for the most part, I have to say that AC is a joke.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dugknight
Cool, thanks for the added pics AAerSTL. We must have just missed each other, when did you take those?
3:30 pm on Saturday (I was flying to LAX on AA 145). Glad the AC is almost done, but I'm very upset we are losing the 763 on BOS-LAX. Gotta get used to the slAAveship again I guess.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:34 am
LDR

Programs: UA 1k, AA lifetime Gold, Marriott lifetime plat
I agree - very sad. However, it will be nice once we get wireless on the 738s.

Look forward to checking out the new club. Hopefully this helps significantly with the crowds I've seen lately (~80% of seats filled).

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
3:30 pm on Saturday (I was flying to LAX on AA 145). Glad the AC is almost done, but I'm very upset we are losing the 763 on BOS-LAX. Gotta get used to the slAAveship again I guess.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 7:34 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
In the lounge now - so happy to see windows again!

I did see a new sign posted, announcing that the third phase of the renovation (i.e. the old FL area) will be ready by April 2010.

Also glad to have the front bathrooms (to the left of the check-in desk) available again. ^ Just having the old FL bathrooms weren't quite cutting it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.