FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   SJU / San Juan, Puerto Rico, Admirals Club CLOSE 30 DEC 2015 (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/911180-sju-san-juan-puerto-rico-admirals-club-close-30-dec-2015-master-thread.html)

JDiver Apr 5, 2009 6:03 pm

SJU / San Juan, Puerto Rico, Admirals Club CLOSE 30 DEC 2015 (master thread)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-j...0/AC_B_SJU.png
SJU / San Juan, Puerto Rico, Luís Muñoz Marín International Airport
Terminal D Gate D12 Admirals Club

CLOSED EFFECTIVE 30 Dec 2015

DELLAS Oct 25, 2011 7:27 am

Just a quick question. If you are flying out of Terminal B can you access the AC in Terminal C?

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Oct 25, 2011 10:23 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 17331911)
Just a quick question. If you are flying out of Terminal B can you access the AC in Terminal C?

Yes, all the concourses are connected airside.

DELLAS Oct 25, 2011 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 17332826)
Yes, all the concourses are connected airside.

Thats great many thanks for the quick reply. ^

mikelat Oct 26, 2011 12:11 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 17331911)

yes, but don't expect too much from the AC. Disappointing as I recall on my visit there last summer. I spent more time in the duty free with their very good prices on Vodka :cool:

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Oct 26, 2011 6:02 am

Originally Posted by mikelat (Post 17336832)
yes, but don't expect too much from the AC. Disappointing as I recall on my visit there last summer. I spent more time in the duty free with their very good prices on Vodka :cool:

The only thing I don't like about the SJU is the lack of showers. Other destinations such as MIA, GIG, LAX I can check out of my hotel in the morning, spend a few hours on the beach, then head to the airport and shower and change at the AC for my PM flight home. With SJU, I need to either pay for another unneeded night at a hotel, fly home in the morning and lose a day on the beach or fly home with that nasty beach and sandy feeling.

PUCCI GALORE Oct 26, 2011 7:04 am

I have to say that I quite like the SJU AC for the light airy space and it never seems to be too crowded. The only thing was that they had not a clue about drink vouchers (my husband BA Exec Gold) and the miserable individual at the bar would not let us have the splits of Veuve Cliquot as they were"premium drinks". I did not know the rules so was not prepared to argue.

DELLAS Oct 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Well Im coming off a cruise ship at 9am and flight not til around 4pm so if they have free soft drinks and a comfy chair and wifi then Im happy :) I just hope I can check my bags that many hours before departure.

TWAB747nomore Oct 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Does this airport now look like a ghost town after being dehubbed?

wolf539 Mar 19, 2013 8:32 am

Recent Reports?

Any recent reports on this club? I may have to travel there (San Juan) next month...

PRHusky Mar 19, 2013 9:19 am

Small, nothing special, but better than waiting at the gates.

GaryD Mar 19, 2013 12:16 pm

As of 1 March, upstairs quiet zone seems to be permanently closed, for some time (dusty sign on the elevator). Bar sells a few nice meal boxes, with the drinks.

JBEagle1000G Mar 19, 2013 2:27 pm

I was here in Dec '12 during a 6hr wait for my flight home for the hollydayz.
Got some good shut-eye, tea n cookies for breakfast.
Nice location and atmosphere but the furniture/chairs were dirty/stained and very worn.
At minimum they need to take a shampoo machine to the chairs.

arollins Mar 19, 2013 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by GaryD (Post 20446797)
As of 1 March, upstairs quiet zone seems to be permanently closed, for some time (dusty sign on the elevator). Bar sells a few nice meal boxes, with the drinks.

The upstairs part has been closed for more than a year. I travel to SJU monthly. They have an excellent staff there.

alpen1 Mar 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by arollins (Post 20448556)
The upstairs part has been closed for more than a year. I travel to SJU monthly. They have an excellent staff there.

Seconded, great AC staff and nice views. Almost always quiet too