FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Business Extra Bonus Offers (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/872289-business-extra-bonus-offers-consolidated.html)

dstan Oct 2, 2008 5:35 pm

Business Extra Bonus Offers (consolidated)

Since Business ExtrAA offers are not displayed in a consolidated fashion on businessextraa.com (unlike aa.com offers), but instead are sent out via monthly emails, I thought it would be useful to keep a consolidated list to make sure nobody misses one. Please let me know if there are any that are missing and I'll try to keep this post updated.

[info moved up to wikipost]

pdb Oct 5, 2008 9:32 am

Thanks

Excellent, dstan! This fills a gaping hole on BusinessExtraa's website. Much obliged.

SafeFlyer Oct 5, 2008 1:20 pm

This is great! Thanks for doing it.

dstan Nov 7, 2008 9:22 am

Nov 2008 Update

BRAZIL and LOVE added.

Also note BXP1 'Domestic/Caribbean' Upgrade award lead time increased from 24 hrs to 30 days as of 11/6/08.

sinner7 Nov 7, 2008 9:59 am

If you are a signing up for a new BusinessextrAA account, you can use code "FlyAA" for 500 points.

mvoight Nov 7, 2008 10:42 am

Originally Posted by dstan (Post 10674427)
BRAZIL and LOVE added.

Also note BXP1 'Domestic/Caribbean' Upgrade award lead time increased from 24 hrs to 30 days as of 11/6/08.

Yes, that is VERY VERY VERY good. :)

mvoight Nov 7, 2008 10:44 am

Originally Posted by sinner7 (Post 10674792)
If you are a signing up for a new BusinessextrAA account, you can use code "FlyAA" for 500 points.

Which is more than enough for a free AC day pass (300) , and close to BXP1 (650).
:)
https://www.businessextraa.com/apps/...ewAwards.jhtml

dstan Nov 7, 2008 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by sinner7 (Post 10674792)

Is this on the web anywhere or do you have any details I can add to the OP?

I tried it and it said the registration deadline has passed, but, of course, I've had my account for about a year now.

mvoight Nov 7, 2008 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by dstan (Post 10680237)

I tried it and it said the registration deadline has passed, but, of course, I've had my account for about a year now.

It's for use when signing up for a NEW account.

gemac Nov 7, 2008 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by dstan (Post 10674427)

This change finally makes this award usable. When it was 24 hours, you were last in line, behind gold. You had to buy your ticket (and make sure you paid more than you had to) and then take your chances that there would be upgrades left. 30 days makes this actually worth something. Don't know if my constant begging/whining had any effect, but thanks, AA!

mvoight Nov 8, 2008 1:32 am

Originally Posted by gemac (Post 10682244)
This change finally makes this award usable. When it was 24 hours, you were last in line, behind gold. You had to buy your ticket (and make sure you paid more than you had to) and then take your chances that there would be upgrades left. 30 days makes this actually worth something. Don't know if my constant begging/whining had any effect, but thanks, AA!

Any idea what booking class needs to be available?
Would it be like mileage upgrades?

gemac Nov 8, 2008 8:26 am

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 10684083)
Any idea what booking class needs to be available?
Would it be like mileage upgrades?

Well, I've always had good success following the Terms and Conditions shown prominently on BusinessExtra.com ("Fare basis codes starting with N, O, Q or S are not eligible for this upgrade").

sinner7 Nov 8, 2008 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by dstan (Post 10680237)

It was all around the American Eagle gate in Jackson, MS when I was there a couple days ago...don't see it on the web, but as mvoight has pointed out, it is for new accounts only.

dstan Nov 9, 2008 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 10681441)
It's for use when signing up for a NEW account.

I got that part. I was trying to find out how soon after opening the account you need to enter the code as I did not see a place to enter a code during the signup process itself, but didn't go all the way through it.

ckpeter Nov 20, 2008 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by dstan (Post 10697391)
I got that part. I was trying to find out how soon after opening the account you need to enter the code as I did not see a place to enter a code during the signup process itself, but didn't go all the way through it.

I concur. I also signed up for an account with "FlyAA" as the referral code at sign up, but no bonus shown. I followed with bonus registration after logging into the account, but it produced "deadline passed."

So, unless the bonus is supposed to show up later, I am not positive that "FlyAA" is valid.