Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
"Domestic" Same Day Confirmed Flight Change (SDFC, SDC, CFC, and "Standby")
"AA Domestic" here includes Canada, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and the Caribbean

N.B. Different than "standby"; see link.

NOTE CHANGED POLICY: June 2018 - E class availability is not (or no longer) definitive on whether SDFC may happen. "Other" aspects may be taken in to consideration. Seems few other changes but it is now clear that passengers in domestic premium cabins can SDFC at no charge. More here: Guide: New SDFC / Same Day Flight Change Restrictions 8 Jun 2018

NOTE CHANGED POLICY: As of 15 January 2016 the SDFC option will be limited to alternate flights only if they follow the same origin, destination, and also SAME CONNECTION POINT. Other rules seem to be unchanged as far as available 24-hours before, no charge to CK, EXP or up to three companions on the same PNR, no co-terminals allowed, and slight overlap to calendar date limitation for late night may be possible. Domestic segments that are part of a domestic and international itinerary are generally not eligible.

NOTE 1 re upgrades: To effectively use SDFC you must call to downgrade first. If you SDFC successfully then, you may request an upgrade on your new flight.

NOTE 2 re Upgrades. On SDFC, for e500 or EXP UDU the original upgrade request time stamp remains on the upgrade request; with SWU, you will get a new time of request time stamp. (It's useful not to check in for ~10 minutes after you SDFC or you may find yourself in a pickle with upgrade requests.)

NOTE 3 re PreCheck / KTN: For an unknown reason, going on to SDFC May delete or eliminate your Known Traveler number for the record, so your PreCheck will likely not be granted. You'll have to call or have the ticket counter restore your KTN. (According to reports in May 2018, this does not seem to be a pervasive issue any longer).

N.B. This thread relates to AA "domestic" changes only, for international same day changes see this thread.

Link to American Airlines' current policy on Same Day Flight Change and detailed Terms and Conditions
Link AA FAQ - Same Day Flight Change
Link to archived posts made before the recent changes

The price to confirm same day flight change is now $75* (free for EXPs and others as shown in "Complimentary..." below as of 1 Jan 2015):
http://www.aa.com/aa/pubcontent/en_U...eDayTravel.jsp

Change and Standby Options (Link)

Same-Day Flight Changes
Did you know you can change your domestic flight† and get a confirmed seat for a $75 (non-refundable) charge? The option is available on all fares in the Main Cabin. For $75 you can confirm a seat on a different flight as long as the alternate flight:

1. Has the same origin AND destination
2. Is the same calendar day of departure
3. Has eligible seats available ("E" fare inventory for all fares)

We continue to offer the same-day stand by option for an earlier or later domestic flight for select customers at no charge. See above link for list of select customers.

We now have four convenient options to make same-day flight changes:
1. Online: Beginning 24 hours prior to departure, you can request a same-day flight change on aa.com through the check-in window. Just select each passenger who is requesting a flight change and pay the non-refundable $75 per passenger charge.

2. Over the Phone: Beginning 24 hours prior to departure, you can call Reservations and our agents will provide information for available flights departing on the same day as your original flight. The non-refundable $75 charge can be paid over the phone via credit card.

Once you arrive at the airport, you can check in for your new flight at Curbside Check-In, Self-Service Check-In, or our ticket counter.

3. At a Check-In Kiosk: Beginning 12 hours prior to departure, the Self-Service Check-In machines will provide a list of available flights for the same day as your original flight. Just choose the flight, pay the non-refundable $75 charge, and complete the check-in process. You will receive a boarding pass for your newly confirmed flight and a receipt for the charge.

4. At the Ticket Counter: Beginning 24 hours prior to departure, our agents can provide a list of available flights for the same day as your original flight. Just choose the flight and pay the non-refundable $75 charge. You will receive a boarding pass for your newly confirmed flight and a receipt for the charge.

Same-day flight changes are subject to Terms and Conditions.

†Available for flights in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada and the Caribbean on American Airlines, American Eagle® and AmericanConnection®.

*Note: 1.Passengers traveling on unrestricted Y fares and AAdvantage AAnytime travel awards have the flexibility to change flight arrangements at no charge. Passengers traveling on AAdvantage MileSAAver awards continue to have the flexibility to change the date/time of their flights at no charge, provided award seats are available on the desired flight. If award seats are not available on the desired flight, you may obtain a confirmed seat on the same day by paying the $75 charge.

Complimentary confirmed flight change (Link)
Get a complimentary same-day confirmed flight change with:
  • Unrestricted Economy Class (Y fare), Business or First Class tickets
  • American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum status and companions in same record
  • AirPass® membership
  • First and Business Class award tickets
  • MileSAAver® & AAnytime® award tickets
  • Choice Plus fares
Tips
Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
...If the original flight leaves between 8 PM and midnight, you can SDFC to flights leaving from midnight to 2 AM on the following calendar day (but still the same night) and vice versa. This was revised around the same time that the routing/coterminal restrictions were added in July.

Keep in mind that reservations and airport agents may be looking at slightly different references...
Passengers traveling on unrestricted Y fares and AAdvantage AAnytime travel awards have the flexibility to change flight arrangements at no charge. Passengers traveling on AAdvantage MileSAAver awards continue to have the flexibility to change the date/time of their flights at no charge, provided award seats are available on the desired flight. If award seats are not available on the desired flight, you may obtain a confirmed seat on the same day by paying the $75 charge.

Customers who purchased a Choice Plus fare have the flexibility to change one flight at no charge, provided seats are available on the desired flight.

Looking for more information? Please see our Frequently Asked Questions.

†Available for flights in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada and the Caribbean on American Airlines, American Eagle and American Connection®.

* Same-day flight change charges are non-refundable. Same-day standby charges are automatically refunded if you are not accommodated on the standby flight.

N.B. Inventory must be available in "E" bucket for Confirmed Flight Change to be offered; even then it still may not be available due to "Other" considerations.

Link to AA Same Day Confirmed Flight a Change Terms and Conditions
Link to aa.com Same Day Flight Change policy
Link to aa.com Same Day Travel Changes / SDFC and Standby FAQ

Archive of previous terms and conditions: http://web.archive.org/web/201405221...mers/sd-tc.jsp

Nuances and Loose Rules
Now for the hard part: figuring out where the flexibility is in the rules. This list is compiled from the responses to people saying "Can I do X?" where X is something that is not clearly permitted by the rules. One's likelihood of success here depends a bit on the method used for the SDC. (Note: this is a work in progress and your contributions/corrections are appreciated!)

For each item, the following codes apply:
Y = possible using any method
A = possible using an agent (phone/counter), perhaps having to HUACA
A* = mixed reports of success with an agent (phone/counter)
N* = possible only if you find a very accommodating agent
N = little or no reported success.
  • Violating various non-routing fare rules (day/time, minimum stay, etc.): A* (see post 1020)
  • Change to flight with no E fares available (day/time, minimum stay, etc.): A* (see [http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25099215-post1111.html"]post 1111)
  • Change routing with E avails but keep same number of connections, i.e BOS-ORD-LAX to BOS-DFW-LAX ??
  • Change destination to an entirely different place: N
  • Change destination to a co-terminal (e.g. LGA -> JFK): A* (see post 1081, post 1114 & this blog post )
  • Change destination to ultra-close airport non-coterminal airport (e.g. JFK-> LGA): ??
  • Change itinerary at the beginning to include illegal layovers (> 4 hours): A (1 of 1 getting an EP phone agent to create 8+ hr layover)
  • Change itinerary at the layover point (using kiosk, app, or agent) to create an otherwise illegal layover: ??
  • Change itinerary at the beginning to add a layover point not permitted by the routing rules: ??
  • Change itinerary at a layover point to add another layover not permitted (either in terms of number of segments or routing rules) by the routing rules: ??
  • Change to a flight exactly 24 hours before or after the original flight: ??
  • Change to a flight exactly 24 hours before the original flight, if the previous day's flight has been delayed: Y (based on one report)
  • Combining separately-fared segments to do SDC (e.g. XXX-YYY+YYY-ZZZ -> XXX-ZZZ): ??
  • Change AA-codeshare, non-AA-metal segment to AA metal: ??
  • Change from AA metal to AA-codeshare, non-AA-metal segment: ??
  • Change from AA-codeshare, non-AA-metal segment to a different AA-codeshare, non-AA-metal segment: ??
  • Change on a non-AA ticketed segment: A* (see post 1017 & post 1018)
  • Change from an upgraded flight into Y on the new flight: A
  • Change from a CPU-upgraded flight and get confirmed into available space on the new flight: ??
  • Change from an instrument-upgraded flight and get confirmed into available space on the new flight: ??
  • Non-elite on different PNR benefiting from EXP's waived-fee SDC: ??
  • SDFC on an award: ??
Link to archive thread of older posts.

ARCHIVE of AA FAQ and previous detail of SDFC:
Wayback Machine, 5 captures, 22 Jan 14 - 10 Apr 15
Link

Same-Day Flight Change Terms and Conditions
  • Same-Day Flight Change is only available on flights operated and marketed by American Airlines, or marketed by American Airlines and operated by American Eagle or American Connection® carriers
  • Same-Day Flight Change will be offered to eligible passengers beginning 24 hours prior to departure through the check-in window. Eligibility shall be determined based on, but not limited to, the following factors: AAdvantage or oneworld® elite status membership, purchased fare class, ticketing status and purchase history
  • Same-Day Flight Change is subject to availability of eligible inventory
  • Same-Day Flight Change is non-transferable
  • Passengers who purchase Same-Day Flight Change and are unable to use it due to an involuntary routing change, flight cancellation, or missed connection due to a late incoming flight are eligible for a refund. The refund will be automatically initiated by American Airlines on the passenger's behalf.
  • Passengers who are late for a flight for reasons other than those listed above are not eligible for a refund of the Same-Day Flight Change
  • Passengers that have purchased a Same-Day Flight Change will not receive a refund if the price decreases, nor incur a charge if the price increases
  • Any refund request will be fully refunded, or denied. There will be no partial refunds of a Same-Day Flight Change.
  • Refunds of Same-Day Flight Change will be made to the original form of payment
  • Purchases made in cash will be refunded via check
  • Refund requests must be received within 365 days of the original Same-Day Flight Change purchase
  • Same-Day Flight Change reservations are subject to cancellation unless passengers have checked in and obtained a boarding pass within the check-in window. Passengers must be present at the departure gate and ready to board at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure time to retain their reservations.
  • American Airlines expressly reserves the right in its absolute discretion to discontinue Same-Day Flight Change at any time. American Airlines will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a purchaser resulting from such refusal, cancellation or denial
  • American Airlines reserves the right to remove any passenger for inappropriate behavior, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Such passengers will not be entitled to a refund.
  • American Airlines reserves the right to move any passenger from any seat for operational or security reasons. This includes passengers who do not meet exit row eligibility requirements. If a passenger is involuntarily moved to a different flight for such reasons, the passenger may request a refund of the Same-Day Flight Change at aa.com/refunds

Same-Day Standby Terms and Conditions
  • Same-Day Standby is only available on flights operated and marketed by American Airlines, or marketed by American Airlines and operated by American Eagle or American Connection® carriers
  • AAdvantage regular members and non-members may only use Same-Day Standby if Same-Day Flight Change is not available
  • Same-Day Standby will be offered to eligible passengers beginning 24 hours prior to departure through the check-in window. Eligibility shall be determined based on, but not limited to, the following factors: AAdvantage or oneworld® elite status membership, purchased fare class, ticketing status, origin and destination, and purchase history
  • AAdvantage regular members and non-members using Same-Day Standby may only stand by for an earlier flight with the same routing on the day of travel
  • Same-Day Standby is subject to availability of eligible inventory
  • Same-Day Standby is non-transferable
  • Passengers who purchase Same-Day Standby and are unable to use it due to lack of available inventory, cancellation of standby flight, or involuntary routing change are eligible for a refund. The refund will be automatically initiated by American Airlines on the passenger's behalf once the passenger completes travel on their ticketed itinerary.
  • Passengers that have purchased a Same-Day Standby will not receive a refund if the price decreases, nor incur a charge if the price increases
  • Any refund request will be fully refunded, or denied. There will be no partial refunds of a Same-Day Standby.
  • Refunds of Same-Day Standby will be made to the original form of payment
  • Purchases made in cash will be refunded via check
  • Refund requests must be received within 365 days of the original Same-Day Standby purchase
  • Same-Day Standby requests are subject to cancellation unless passengers have checked in and obtained a boarding pass within the check-in window. Passengers must be present at the departure gate and ready to board at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure time to retain their reservations.
  • American Airlines expressly reserves the right in its absolute discretion to discontinue Same-Day Standby at any time. American Airlines will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a purchaser resulting from such refusal, cancellation or denial
  • American Airlines reserves the right to remove any passenger for inappropriate behavior, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Such passengers will not be entitled to a refund.
  • American Airlines reserves the right to move any passenger from any seat for operational or security reasons. This includes passengers who do not meet exit row eligibility requirements. If a passenger is involuntarily moved to a different flight for such reasons, the passenger may request a refund of the Same-Day Standby at aa.com/refunds
Print Wikipost

Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Flying JFK-LAX next week. Paid discounted Biz fare (I class I think) and upgrade to First (A)class with my Biz Extra award.

Wanting to get on an earlier flight so is it two fold? My original I class bucket needs to be available then they change it over and if A is available I get into FC?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Is there any data point on co terminal standby for exec plat? Lga dca btv to JFK dca btv... For first segment.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by pbd456
Is there any data point on co terminal standby for exec plat? Lga dca btv to JFK dca btv... For first segment.
I have asked and EP line before and the answer is always no on co-terminals. I believe it also says so in the T&C IIRC.

Safe Travels
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Lifetime Gold/Some Years Platinum
SDFC - Going from F to Y ??

It looks as if this is the best place for this question -

My wife (no AA status) had a ticket in the F cabin for AA 2627 RDU-DFW, leaving at 3:59 PM on 7/9/19.

A last-minute 6:00 PM meeting in DFW came up, so she needed to move to an earlier flight - specifically, AA 1349, leaving at 12:02 PM on 7/9/19.

When she tried to do SDFC, she was told (unsurprisingly) that there was no F availability. She then chose to voluntarily downgrade to Y, since there was Y space available.

However, she ended up paying through the nose to make this happen. She had to pay a $200 change fee, pay the walk-up Y fare (less the remaining value of the F ticket), and pay the baggage fees for her two bags, since she was no longer in F.

All in, she ended up paying an additional $450-ish even after downgrading from F to a middle seat in the back of Y.

Question 1) Was this, in fact, proper procedure on the part of the AA desk agent? Is there no SDFC pathway between F and Y? I just can't wrap my head around that.

To add insult to injury, the flight she switched to was subsequently delayed over 3-1/2 hours - so she missed her meeting anyway.

As it played out, her new, downgraded flight did not leave RDU until 3:53 PM - only a few minutes before her original flight's departure time.

Question 2) Does she have any basis for asking AA for a refund on the cost of her switch, given the flight delay?

Opinions welcome!
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:16 am

I just had something happen that's never happened to me before, nor have I heard of. I'm almost afraid to post too many details in case they catch me and "rectify" it!

I am flying tomorrow with a connection, I was booked in economy. As an EP, I was upgraded on both of those segments.

Today, I went on AA.com to check for same day changes. They only offered me standby, despite ExpertFlyer showing E inventory with multiple options.

Then, I went into the app, and it showed "Confirmed" on exactly the flights I wanted.

But here's where it gets weird: it immediately confirmed both segments into First, not Economy. I have double checked both AA.com and the app, and it shows me as ticketed on those flights now. I even was able to get boarding passes.

Is this a thing that I never heard of?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by am350
I just had something happen that's never happened to me before, nor have I heard of. I'm almost afraid to post too many details in case they catch me and "rectify" it!

I am flying tomorrow with a connection, I was booked in economy. As an EP, I was upgraded on both of those segments.

Today, I went on AA.com to check for same day changes. They only offered me standby, despite ExpertFlyer showing E inventory with multiple options.

Then, I went into the app, and it showed "Confirmed" on exactly the flights I wanted.

But here's where it gets weird: it immediately confirmed both segments into First, not Economy. I have double checked both AA.com and the app, and it shows me as ticketed on those flights now. I even was able to get boarding passes.

What did the J inventory look like on the new confirmed flights before you switched? And what's the booking class on the new flights? I wonder whether, in a fairly brief period, you were confirmed in economy on the new flights and were subsequently upgraded to J because 'R' space was available. (Of course, 'R' inventory typically isn't published, but knowing how many J seats were left for sale on the new flights may give you an idea of whether there was likely upgrade space... plus how many elites are left on the list at the gate, etc.)... you can often decipher quite a bit just from anecdotal information like this.

As for keeping a confirmed seat in J once upgraded, we know phone agents will generally downgrade you, then change the flight, and put you back on the upgrade list. However, there have been multiple reports upgrades being preserved during IROPS with AA's re-accommodation tool in the app, but I don't recall hearing about any success with keeping confirmed upgrades with online SDFC to date.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by metallo
What did the J inventory look like on the new confirmed flights before you switched? And what's the booking class on the new flights? I wonder whether, in a fairly brief period, you were confirmed in economy on the new flights and were subsequently upgraded to J because 'R' space was available. (Of course, 'R' inventory typically isn't published, but knowing how many J seats were left for sale on the new flights may give you an idea of whether there was likely upgrade space... plus how many elites are left on the list at the gate, etc.)... you can often decipher quite a bit just from anecdotal information like this.

As for keeping a confirmed seat in J once upgraded, we know phone agents will generally downgrade you, then change the flight, and put you back on the upgrade list. However, there have been multiple reports upgrades being preserved during IROPS with AA's re-accommodation tool in the app, but I don't recall hearing about any success with keeping confirmed upgrades with online SDFC to date.
One segment was something like J5, the other was J1 (it also was E0, which is why I was really surprised I was able to confirm immediately onto it -- whereas other segments throughout the day had E inventory). And again, it did not show up as confirmable on AA.com -- only as stand by. But I was able to confirm via the app.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
One segment was something like J5, the other was J1 (it also was E0, which is why I was really surprised I was able to confirm immediately onto it -- whereas other segments throughout the day had E inventory). And again, it did not show up as confirmable on AA.com -- only as stand by. But I was able to confirm via the app.
I believe there have been reports that SDFC space is no longer tied to 'E' inventory, making availability less predictable than it once was.

It's not clear exactly what happened with the app in your case and how exactly you were confirmed, though. I'd wonder whether you were actually confirmed with SDFC in Y, then almost instantly upgraded because it was J5 (and, presumably, at least R1), although the J1 segment seems more questionable, particularly if you literally got the last seat.

I'd check the booking code... if 'R' then it really won't tell you anything, but if you somehow ended up in J/D/I, then we have a much bigger story here.

Last edited by metallo; Jul 13, 2019 at 7:14 pm
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by metallo
I believe there have been reports that SDFC space is no longer tied to 'E' inventory, making availability less predictable than it once was.

It's not clear exactly what happened with the app in your case and how exactly you were confirmed, though. I'd wonder whether you were actually confirmed with SDFC in Y, then almost instantly upgraded because it was J5 (and, presumably, at least R1), although the J1 segment seems more questionable, particularly if you literally got the last seat.

I'd check the booking code... if 'R' then it really won't tell you anything, but if you somehow ended up in J/D/I, then we have a much bigger story here.
According to EF (seat map) it was the last seat in first. There are 10 people on the upgrade list, too. The booking code in both is R, so yeah, not anything of value there.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K

I would venture to guess that the flights you wanted to change to had R inventory available. Unless the systems have been vastly improved, the app has never been able to look for Y SDC availability correctly when you have already been upgraded. I suspect that it’s because it looks for R instead of the right inventory for Y and you had the rare outlier where R might have been available. The weird thing though is if there were already others on the waitlist why didn’t they get the seat. And my answer to that is somewhat like swiping C availability for a SWU upgrade when you see it before the automated sweep runs. You just happened to snag it when the inventory became available before the automated sweep ran. Go buy a lottery ticket!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by Gregory Nelson
It looks as if this is the best place for this question -

My wife (no AA status) had a ticket in the F cabin for AA 2627 RDU-DFW, leaving at 3:59 PM on 7/9/19.

A last-minute 6:00 PM meeting in DFW came up, so she needed to move to an earlier flight - specifically, AA 1349, leaving at 12:02 PM on 7/9/19.

When she tried to do SDFC, she was told (unsurprisingly) that there was no F availability. She then chose to voluntarily downgrade to Y, since there was Y space available.

However, she ended up paying through the nose to make this happen. She had to pay a $200 change fee, pay the walk-up Y fare (less the remaining value of the F ticket), and pay the baggage fees for her two bags, since she was no longer in F.

All in, she ended up paying an additional $450-ish even after downgrading from F to a middle seat in the back of Y.

Question 1) Was this, in fact, proper procedure on the part of the AA desk agent? Is there no SDFC pathway between F and Y? I just can't wrap my head around that.

To add insult to injury, the flight she switched to was subsequently delayed over 3-1/2 hours - so she missed her meeting anyway.

As it played out, her new, downgraded flight did not leave RDU until 3:53 PM - only a few minutes before her original flight's departure time.

Question 2) Does she have any basis for asking AA for a refund on the cost of her switch, given the flight delay?

Opinions welcome!
I would absolutely write in and request the refund of what she paid.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by lightbulbs

I would venture to guess that the flights you wanted to change to had R inventory available. Unless the systems have been vastly improved, the app has never been able to look for Y SDC availability correctly when you have already been upgraded. I suspect that it’s because it looks for R instead of the right inventory for Y and you had the rare outlier where R might have been available. The weird thing though is if there were already others on the waitlist why didn’t they get the seat. And my answer to that is somewhat like swiping C availability for a SWU upgrade when you see it before the automated sweep runs. You just happened to snag it when the inventory became available before the automated sweep ran. Go buy a lottery ticket!
Yeah, this makes the most logical sense I think. I did check for SDC exactly 24 hours out (not by the second, but definitely by the minute). Thanks for the explanation! Might be time to go buy that lotto ticket
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Recently seen SDS and SDFC options after being upgraded to F on domestic flights. This is relatively new as in the past I was never given that option within the app - always had to call, confirm willingness to downgrade then agent would execute SDFC and re-request complimentary upgrade (EP)

Today I decided to do SDFC even if it meant downgrading. Noticed the flight I wanted had one seat showing available on seating chart. Flight now in must purchase at airport so couldn’t see availability to sell. Did confirm change yet it wouldn’t let me select a seat. Needed to do OLCI before selecting seat. And the system gave me that last seat in F!

Think the system for SDFC when in F must have changed for the better. Can’t believe both myself and other poster both were so lucky. Usually they hold that last seat to T-30
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: CX, Hyatt
Still wanted to confirm after reading past posts - if I hold a transcon F / J discounted ("A" / "I") revenue ticket in a non-IRROP situation, I can same day confirmed change or standby to flights of the same calendar day and retain the same cabin class (i.e. not be bumped down to Y), and that same day change will be available with any F / J fare code?

Also, with a OW status, how does same day standby processed in relation to PALL / the general list incl. Y?

Thank you.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Two other data points for SDFC.

1. No options when checked in.
EXP, checked in, two segment itinerary, upgraded on first flight, waitlisted on second (comp upgrades).

No options in app or on website, website returns error and app returns empty list. Others on same itinerary can see options. AA replies:
“... when you checked in, you were put on the upgrade standby list for your [second] flight and there may be an issue with putting in another standby request at the same time.”

AA did not offer to manually make changes despite error.

2. PPro able to keep upgrade when changing.
PPro upgraded but not checked in; looked to move to earlier flight. Earlier flight appeared as standby option, later appeared as confirmable. PPro was not automatically moved from standby but did use app to confirm change. Kept upgrade, even though EF had not been showing R as available on that flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.