Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Call / calls from AA Executive Office / EXP Liaison / Customer Care (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Concierge Key and Executive Platinum members may receive calls fro the Executive Office / Executive Liaison Office / Customer Care.

link to older posts

Print Wikipost

Call / calls from AA Executive Office / EXP Liaison / Customer Care (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I got a call a month or so back but missed it so received a VM. Did not return the call as I figured it was just a courtesy to "touch base". Figured it wouldn't get anything accomplished as I'm not traveling due to work restrictions as I'm sure a lot of people are experiencing.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 12:44 pm

Firms I patronize have no business checking in on me during a pandemic. In AA's case, the time would be better spent checking on the airline.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by pmblinn
Firms I patronize have no business checking in on me during a pandemic. In AA's case, the time would be better spent checking on the airline.
what??
Old Jun 17, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by enviroian
what??
Some people are just never happy.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
In AA's case, the time would be better spent checking on the airline.
Why don't you take the opportunity to tell them everything that's wrong with the airline? Or pick your biggest complaint about AA and tell them that's the reason you are not flying?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
This could be an opportunity to give constructive criticism (that will probably be filed away in the circular filing cabinet). Might as well try.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 12:59 am

Sometimes, it's important to confirm the assumptions that management are making about their customers. For example, if management thinks that most people aren't flying for reason X, it's good to actually hear most of your customers say that's the actual reason.

This sounds like smart management, to me. Too many people forget that the loudest voices aren't necessarily the voices of the majority. We're living in an era where social media magnifies the loudest voices. That fact can cause companies to make poor decisions in order to pacify the loud minority who dominate the public discourse while potentially chasing away their core customers.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Anyone else get a call and/or email from the Executive Liaison Desk saying that they were trying to check to see how you were doing during these "unprecedented times"
I received mine yesterday morning and as noted, it was a check in. She also was fishing to see what future travel plans I had - I have one booked, two others later in the year (transcon), and if Europe opens up without a quarantine, I'm going to see my sister in law in Zurich. From her tone, I sense that she's been hearing not such great things about future travel from the EP's she's had conversations with.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by george 3
From her tone, I sense that she's been hearing not such great things about future travel from the EP's she's had conversations with.
my unscientific observation over the past few weeks is that while the number of passengers is way up, they seem to be mostly leisure travelers. I have seen very few business travelers lately (domestic, compared to normal times)
Old Jun 18, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA 3M Bonvoy Titanium Elite
My call came Monday..I asked for clarification on F Service as it is random and not clear or consistent. She couldn't answer but called back within the hour confirming that under 900 miles do get bevs on request. Wish I had taped that.
dvs7310 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I received this call probably two months ago. Had a very nice chat with the agent. I told him my biggest issue with AA was the poor or indifferent service and food in Business and First. This year I was probably going to hit 150K EQM with around $30K spend, almost all for business travel, mostly international. I told him I've considered becoming a free agent as I vastly prefer the first class product on almost every other non-US based carrier. With Delta being aligned with AF La Premier and being as convenient for me domestically I've considered making the switch when my travel resumes, hopefully in 2021. He seemed very receptive to my ideas and, while I don't think my opinion will change anything, I did appreciate that they reached out to me.

I am a creature of habit though, so in all likelihood I'll stay with AA.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Finally got this call.....I don’t answer 1-800 calls so they left a VM. Extremely sincere and warm.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Ambassador
Got my call last week, I asked some questions as well about potential service changes in First and Business and she was able to answer them for the most part, the question she was not able to answer she had someone else call me back in 2 hours with the answer. Which overall wasn't a hugely important question in the big scheme of things but this gives me some hope that they are using this crisis to reach out and create soft touches with those they at least consider somewhat valued. This was a nice gesture overall and I never had the negative experiences with AA that others have had so for me just reinforced my commitment to flying them and One World when we get out of this nightmare.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by kcmd
Got my call last week, I asked some questions as well about potential service changes in First and Business and she was able to answer them for the most part, the question she was not able to answer she had someone else call me back in 2 hours with the answer. Which overall wasn't a hugely important question in the big scheme of things but this gives me some hope that they are using this crisis to reach out and create soft touches with those they at least consider somewhat valued. This was a nice gesture overall and I never had the negative experiences with AA that others have had so for me just reinforced my commitment to flying them and One World when we get out of this nightmare.
Ill take the bait since you put it out there what was her response to any changes to First/Biz?
GrumpyYoungMan and rumboj like this.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
Obviously you are under no obligation to make sense to anyone on FlyerTalk.
GrumpyYoungMan, 757FO and DC9 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.