Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
London Heathrow Terminal 3 Landside Level 2
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
(Please note this is not a oneworld lounge)

Location: LANDSIDE. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Immigration and the Customs Hall, and take the stairs or elevator / lift (faces forex bureaux) to Level 2.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (reduced hours - 2022)

Amenities:
  • 29 shower suites with C.O. Bigelow products
  • Hair dryers
  • Valet ironing service
  • Dental & shaving kits (by request)
  • Full breakfast & lunch buffet
  • Coffee, espresso & champagne (on request) bar
  • Wi-Fi
  • Temporary baggage stowage (while one visits)
  • Business Centre with individual workstations
  • Daily newspapers

See post #180 by CMK10 and post #291 by Genius1 for photos.

Access criteria
  • First and Business Class passengers arriving on American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including ConciergeKey)
  • Access available for qualifying individuals only (no guests)
  • Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access without the purchase of an Arrivals Lounge Day Pass

Arrivals Lounge One-Day Passes are available for purchase for USD $90 + VAT to all other passengers* flying to London Heathrow upon arrival.

For further details
Link to LHR airport information on aa.com
Link to LHR airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Older or obsolete posts through the August 2016 Arrivals Lounge reopening have been archived to ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Apt. Terminal 3 AA Arrivals Lounge

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by dingo
Personally, I'd hit any BA lounge over the AA arrival lounge. I'd even hit the AA lounge air side than the AA arrival, but they don't have showers there I don't believe. Hit one of the BA business class lounges...awesome food, showers, booze, etc.
As an Emerald I'd recommend the CX lounge in T3 over the BA one. That's assuming your departing flight is from T3, I couldn't quite tell from your post.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
So the AA website states that OW Emerald are welcome (so long as you've flown into LHR on AA metal): https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp

I just argued my way into this lounge, despite the host's best efforts to deny entry...

Recent change?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
So the AA website states that OW Emerald are welcome (so long as you've flown into LHR on AA metal): https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp

I just argued my way into this lounge, despite the host's best efforts to deny entry...

Recent change?
What airline "marketed" this AA metal flight? Only AA and BA marketed flights are covered. For example if your ticket was issued by AY, but the flight was operated by AA, you would not be entitled to access, even as a OWE.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
What airline "marketed" this AA metal flight? Only AA and BA marketed flights are covered. For example if your ticket was issued by AY, but the flight was operated by AA, you would not be entitled to access, even as a OWE.
AA.

But the desk staffer still didn't accept access was due as OWE - which was incorrect.

Staff member then took reference of AA site page which I loaded and presented, in order to pass onto their management, apparently...
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:12 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
On an upcoming flight, I'll arrive at LHR at almost the same time as some cargo I'm shipping on a different airline. Question: am I allowed to go fetch my cargo, and then to bring the cargo with me to the Arrivals Lounge?

Is the answer the same if the cargo happens to be two little chihuahua puppies in a travel kennel?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
On an upcoming flight, I'll arrive at LHR at almost the same time as some cargo I'm shipping on a different airline. Question: am I allowed to go fetch my cargo, and then to bring the cargo with me to the Arrivals Lounge?

Is the answer the same if the cargo happens to be two little chihuahua puppies in a travel kennel?
I'd imagine it wouldn't be a problem. The biggest issue involved is the potential inconvenience faced by going to another terminal to get the cargo before heading to the T3 Arrivals Lounge.

I'm sure the dogs will be fine, as long as they're kept in a kennel.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Don't all animals at LHR have to be collected from the Animal Reception Centre for quarantine purposes?

It's not the easiest of places to get to particularly from the central terminal area as it's on the southern perimeter road. Best it to head over to Terminal 4 on the Heathrow Connect and then get a cab.
https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/serv...s/default.aspx
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I enjoy this lounge and I visit it about 2x per year. My one complaint (if I am really pressed to complain) is that the shower area is usually about 85 degrees F and quite humid. Other than that, it is very nice.

Has anyone else noticed the heat/humidity issue in the shower area?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by apeortdz
I enjoy this lounge and I visit it about 2x per year. My one complaint (if I am really pressed to complain) is that the shower area is usually about 85 degrees F and quite humid. Other than that, it is very nice.

Yes, was there in late August and it was more sauna than shower. But man, it had me feeling human again after LAX-LHR.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by apeortdz

Yup. Im sweating while drying off.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Shower options at LHR (to merge)

Im arriving at noon from Chicago. I believe the arrivals lounge will be closed by this time. Do I have any post security lounge and shower options?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by enviroian
Im arriving at noon from Chicago. I believe the arrivals lounge will be closed by this time. Do I have any post security lounge and shower options?
arrivals closes at 2 pm / 1400 hrs. If you are not traveling onward in oneworld, that is your option in the airport.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I'd like to bet that most people arriving in LHR after 2:00 can go straight to their hotel, check in, and use the shower there. Arriving earlier, you might not be able to check in to your hotel. That's why the arrivals lounge was invented.
ijgordon, aztimm and apeortdz like this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I'd like to bet that most people arriving in LHR after 2:00 can go straight to their hotel, check in, and use the shower there. Arriving earlier, you might not be able to check in to your hotel. That's why the arrivals lounge was invented.
makes sense however I'm staying at my mom's in Kent but first have a date in London so I wanted to freshen up before I meet this woman.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
OP arrives at noon, so should have plenty of time to take a shower and get clothes pressed if they’re offering at this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.