Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
London Heathrow Terminal 3 Landside Level 2
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
(Please note this is not a oneworld lounge)

Location: LANDSIDE. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Immigration and the Customs Hall, and take the stairs or elevator / lift (faces forex bureaux) to Level 2.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (reduced hours - 2022)

Amenities:
  • 29 shower suites with C.O. Bigelow products
  • Hair dryers
  • Valet ironing service
  • Dental & shaving kits (by request)
  • Full breakfast & lunch buffet
  • Coffee, espresso & champagne (on request) bar
  • Wi-Fi
  • Temporary baggage stowage (while one visits)
  • Business Centre with individual workstations
  • Daily newspapers

See post #180 by CMK10 and post #291 by Genius1 for photos.

Access criteria
  • First and Business Class passengers arriving on American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including ConciergeKey)
  • Access available for qualifying individuals only (no guests)
  • Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access without the purchase of an Arrivals Lounge Day Pass

Arrivals Lounge One-Day Passes are available for purchase for USD $90 + VAT to all other passengers* flying to London Heathrow upon arrival.

For further details
Link to LHR airport information on aa.com
Link to LHR airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Older or obsolete posts through the August 2016 Arrivals Lounge reopening have been archived to ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Apt. Terminal 3 AA Arrivals Lounge

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I'd not realized there was a Cathay lounge. Sounds promising. I (oneworld emerald), my wife (oneworld sapphire), and my daughter (oneworld ruby) are all traveling in biz on AA from LHR to CLT in early June.

It looks like our options for departure lounges are:
- AA - the obvious one. no fuss, no muss.
- Cathay - my wife and I get in with our oneworld status and can bring our daughter in as a guest. However, we all get in based on flying business on a OW carrier.
- Finnair - my wife and I get in with our oneworld status and can bring our daughter in as a guest. However, we all get in based on flying business on a OW carrier.

Do I have all of that correct?

If so, is Cathay the clear choice followed by anything other than Cathay?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dingo
I'd not realized there was a Cathay lounge. Sounds promising. I (oneworld emerald), my wife (oneworld sapphire), and my daughter (oneworld ruby) are all traveling in biz on AA from LHR to CLT in early June.

It looks like our options for departure lounges are:
- AA - the obvious one. no fuss, no muss.
- Cathay - my wife and I get in with our oneworld status and can bring our daughter in as a guest. However, we all get in based on flying business on a OW carrier.
- Finnair - my wife and I get in with our oneworld status and can bring our daughter in as a guest. However, we all get in based on flying business on a OW carrier.

Do I have all of that correct?

If so, is Cathay the clear choice followed by anything other than Cathay?

3 of you can get in the Cathay Business Lounge. Only 1 guest is allowed for Emerald and Sapphire. As a AA J pax, you get access to AA lounge only.

Quite a few people, including me prefer the Business section of the Cathay lounge compared to the First. F section as a la carte dining and is much smaller. Business side has the noodle bar!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Can you please expand upon this:
" As a AA J pax, you get access to AA lounge only." What do you mean "...AA lounge only."?

Could we access the First side of Cathay?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:23 pm

Since all of you are travelling on AA Business, all of you will have access to the AA Admirals Club.
As an Emerald, you and one guest can access Cathay First (or BA Galleries First/ AA Flagship).
As a Sapphire, your wife and one guest can access Cathay Business(or BA Galleries Club).

I've never seen them checking for access between CX F and J sections. I have gone in and out between the 2 sections many times without being asked anything - though the agent at the reception did try and keep an eye..
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:39 pm

Awesome; thanks Acid! Curious. Do you have a resource for this or is it all based on personal experience?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by sm82
Oh, and wasn't aware there was a Cathay First Lounge there...we loved the one in Hong Kong we tried last year. They are definitely a change from Admiral Clubs in the states!!
Originally Posted by brewdog11
When connecting to get to JNB, just be aware that the T5 Galleries Lounge is in the main part of T5 and you'll likely be leaving from a satellite concourse of T5 (B and C gates). It can be easy to lose track of time, and the transfer to a satellite concourse can sometimes take longer than expected, so it might not be a bad idea to head to the satellite lounge when it gets closer to boarding time if you're leaving from the B gates. This lounge isn't as nice (it's a Business Class lounge), but it's still just fine.

If you've been to the Pier in HKG, it's just like that! Really a phenomenal lounge (they just finished renovations a few months ago). It puts all other lounges, especially the Admirals Club, to shame.

Hope this info helps, and if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.
It is good to know that the CX F Lounge at LHR T3 is highly regarded. I usually use the T3 GF lounge, which I find to be a fairly quiet compared to the T5 GF lounge.

The JKG Pier F lounge is quite nice (except for their day room which tends to get really hot), so a comparison to that lounge is certainly impressive for the LHR CX F Lounge.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by Acid
Since all of you are travelling on AA Business, all of you will have access to the AA Admirals Club.
As an Emerald, you and one guest can access Cathay First (or BA Galleries First/ AA Flagship).
As a Sapphire, your wife and one guest can access Cathay Business(or BA Galleries Club).

I've never seen them checking for access between CX F and J sections. I have gone in and out between the 2 sections many times without being asked anything - though the agent at the reception did try and keep an eye..
Wait, BA consider OW class of service lounges to apply even if it's another OW carrier. E.G. AA Biz is allowable to use a BA biz acceptable lounge. Why do you think this isn't allowed? You do NOT need OW status for this, granted if you fly AA economy then status is needed.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Wait, BA consider OW class of service lounges to apply even if it's another OW carrier. E.G. AA Biz is allowable to use a BA biz acceptable lounge. Why do you think this isn't allowed? You do NOT need OW status for this, granted if you fly AA economy then status is needed.
I could be wrong, I've never had to used this rule(live in US) and I don't see it on BA's lounge access rules on their website. Regardless, in dingo's scenario with 1 Emerald and 1 Sapphire - 3 of them can access any of the OW J lounges in T3.
Thanks for pointing out
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Just curious if I would be able to make use of the AArrival Lounge while transferring from for a connection flight on BA. I have a 2.5 hr transit wait between scheduled arrival/departures.

Will be traveling in J on BA and am OW Emerald. Would it be better to go to BA's lounge instead or just head to my next gate ASAP. Will be the first time using BA at LHR.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:42 pm

Personally, I'd hit any BA lounge over the AA arrival lounge. I'd even hit the AA lounge air side than the AA arrival, but they don't have showers there I don't believe. Hit one of the BA business class lounges...awesome food, showers, booze, etc.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:58 pm

Personally, I'd hit any BA lounge over the AA arrival lounge. I'd even hit the AA lounge air side than the AA arrival, but they don't have showers there I don't believe. Hit one of the BA business class lounges...awesome food, showers, booze, etc.
Thanks... Thank you very much!!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Just curious if I would be able to make use of the AArrival Lounge while transferring from for a connection flight on BA. I have a 2.5 hr transit wait between scheduled arrival/departures.

Will be traveling in J on BA and am OW Emerald. Would it be better to go to BA's lounge instead or just head to my next gate ASAP. Will be the first time using BA at LHR.
Not very practical to use arrivals lounge with 2.5 hour connection. I am often surprised at how quickly the time goes by in transit at LHR. You say you are in BA J but is that for both flights? Also, BA does have some flights in T3. I would just hit the departure lounge in your departure terminal and if that is T5 then you will be in the Galleries First lounge (there are 2) and you can hit the BA forum for more info on those. If T3 there is a long thread on the lounges but your choice of AA, CX and BA and AA has showers.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:11 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I'd even hit the AA lounge air side than the AA arrival, but they don't have showers there I don't believe.
LHR Admirals Club has showers, as do most of the departures lounges at LHR (including BA). Still, your point is well made: for a connection at LHR, choose a departure lounge rather than an arrival lounge.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc

No way I would do it with only a 2.5 hour connection, but the AA arrivals lounge beats any of the BA lounges hands down. The BA showers are barely passable.

​​
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Not very practical to use arrivals lounge with 2.5 hour connection. I am often surprised at how quickly the time goes by in transit at LHR. You say you are in BA J but is that for both flights? Also, BA does have some flights in T3. I would just hit the departure lounge in your departure terminal and if that is T5 then you will be in the Galleries First lounge (there are 2) and you can hit the BA forum for more info on those. If T3 there is a long thread on the lounges but your choice of AA, CX and BA and AA has showers.

Yes.. In J on both flights. Will take advice of getting to my connection, which is in T3, and go from there as time permits.

Thanks all for the tips and suggestions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.