Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
London Heathrow Terminal 3 Landside Level 2
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
(Please note this is not a oneworld lounge)

Location: LANDSIDE. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Immigration and the Customs Hall, and take the stairs or elevator / lift (faces forex bureaux) to Level 2.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (reduced hours - 2022)

Amenities:
  • 29 shower suites with C.O. Bigelow products
  • Hair dryers
  • Valet ironing service
  • Dental & shaving kits (by request)
  • Full breakfast & lunch buffet
  • Coffee, espresso & champagne (on request) bar
  • Wi-Fi
  • Temporary baggage stowage (while one visits)
  • Business Centre with individual workstations
  • Daily newspapers

See post #180 by CMK10 and post #291 by Genius1 for photos.

Access criteria
  • First and Business Class passengers arriving on American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including ConciergeKey)
  • Access available for qualifying individuals only (no guests)
  • Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access without the purchase of an Arrivals Lounge Day Pass

Arrivals Lounge One-Day Passes are available for purchase for USD $90 + VAT to all other passengers* flying to London Heathrow upon arrival.

For further details
Link to LHR airport information on aa.com
Link to LHR airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Older or obsolete posts through the August 2016 Arrivals Lounge reopening have been archived to ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Apt. Terminal 3 AA Arrivals Lounge

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by sxc
Just wondering what people's experience is these days of how full this arrivals lounge is?

CX is restricting access now citing capacity constraints so I'm wondering how true this is.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ls-lounge.html
Just one data point here...I used it around 7.30-9.30am on a Friday just before Xmas and it wasn't quiet but it wasn't rammed either. No wait for a shower and the main room itself had plenty of room at the main tables for dining. There were quite a few CX passengers in there.

It was my first time using it and I was rather impressed. The Rhubarb staff and F&B were rather good!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I will be there tomorrow about 10AM - will report back on what I find.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by apeortdz
I will be there tomorrow about 10AM - will report back on what I find.
In the new T3 lounge from 10A-11A today. Not crowded at all. Plenty of showers, tables, food.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by sxc
Just wondering what people's experience is these days of how full this arrivals lounge is?

CX is restricting access now citing capacity constraints so I'm wondering how true this is.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ls-lounge.html
I've used it a couple of times in the last year - never had a wait for a shower and always been able to get a table to myself for breakfast.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SK *G
Hey all. Probably a stupid question but I read over the entry rules for the LHR AA arrivals lounge and it didn't seem obvious to me whether or not this would qualify: I'm flying BA first from MIA to LHR but my flight is marketed by AA. It says on the website that you get entry for AA operated+ marketed or BA operated+marketed or BA marketed+AA operated.

Cheers
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by CountOfTuscany1
Hey all. Probably a stupid question but I read over the entry rules for the LHR AA arrivals lounge and it didn't seem obvious to me whether or not this would qualify: I'm flying BA first from MIA to LHR but my flight is marketed by AA. It says on the website that you get entry for AA operated+ marketed or BA operated+marketed or BA marketed+AA operated.

Cheers
AA Arrivals Lounge in T-3 would be immaterial to you if you arrive in LHR T-5 on BA First, you should be allowed access to the BA Arrivals Lounge. The applicable language, on the BA website, is

The Galleries Arrivals Lounge in London Heathrow Terminal 5 is exclusive to you if you have travelled in First or Club World, or are a Gold Executive Club Member, arriving on a British Airways longhaul flight. Capacity restrictions apply so you won't be able to bring guests into these lounges.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
AA Arrivals Lounge in T-3 would be immaterial to you if you arrive in LHR T-5 on BA First, you should be allowed access to the BA Arrivals Lounge. The applicable language, on the BA website, is
BA MIA flights actually arrive at T3. And yes, access to the AA arrivals lounge would certainly be available for someone flying BA F.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I booked a ticket for my wife (AA Plat) SEA-JFK-MAN-LHR to be able to use a SWU and the MAN-LHR connection is pretty tight, so no way for her to shower in MAN. She really wants to grab a shower before heading into London after arrival in LHR. I didn't give much thought to the LHR BA and AA arrivals lounge requirements, but it seems like I've screwed up.

AA Arrival Lounge in T3, requires AA operated/marketed or BA marketed/ AA operated. MAN-LHR is BA/BA, the ticketing agent couldn't get an AA code to work for the ridiculously low economy fare I had found.

BA Arrival Lounge in T5, while she is arriving into T5 and on a BA flight, it's not a long haul.

So, bottom line, she isn't going to be able use either of these lounges on arrival into LHR that morning will she?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stephem
So, bottom line, she isn't going to be able use either of these lounges on arrival into LHR that morning will she?
No access. If you have priority pass then there is Sofitel in T5 or Plaza Premium Arrivals(long walk and train - ~20 mins) in T2 for showers
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Thanks, good to confirm in advance. I have PP but not her, and I wont be with her on this part of the trip... maybe I get her a Plat Amex to churn and she can utilize the Sofitel. Her hotel wants a full additional night rate for morning check in.

Originally Posted by Acid
No access. If you have priority pass then there is Sofitel in T5 or Plaza Premium Arrivals(long walk and train - ~20 mins) in T2 for showers
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stephem
Thanks, good to confirm in advance. I have PP but not her, and I wont be with her on this part of the trip... maybe I get her a Plat Amex to churn and she can utilize the Sofitel. Her hotel wants a full additional night rate for morning check in.
Plaza Premium in T2 has paid access and has better showers than BA Arrivals. You can book it cheaper online. Its a bit of a trek to go to T5->T2 (though its in the direction of central London from T5).
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Was just in the Arrivals Lounge almost a week ago and enjoyed it. Loved the self serve mini bottles of Moet!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Are the Bloody Marys still in existence?

Asking for a friend
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
I just wish the arrivals lounge would stay open long enough to get into it from AA136's arrival.

Its gate arrival (around 1:30pm if on-time) does not give much time to clear customs/baggage/immigration before it closes at 2:30pm.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
NB: Wiki shows 3:30pm, whereas aa.com link shows 2:30pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.