Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
London Heathrow Terminal 3 Landside Level 2
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
(Please note this is not a oneworld lounge)

Location: LANDSIDE. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Immigration and the Customs Hall, and take the stairs or elevator / lift (faces forex bureaux) to Level 2.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (reduced hours - 2022)

Amenities:
  • 29 shower suites with C.O. Bigelow products
  • Hair dryers
  • Valet ironing service
  • Dental & shaving kits (by request)
  • Full breakfast & lunch buffet
  • Coffee, espresso & champagne (on request) bar
  • Wi-Fi
  • Temporary baggage stowage (while one visits)
  • Business Centre with individual workstations
  • Daily newspapers

See post #180 by CMK10 and post #291 by Genius1 for photos.

Access criteria
  • First and Business Class passengers arriving on American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including ConciergeKey)
  • Access available for qualifying individuals only (no guests)
  • Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access without the purchase of an Arrivals Lounge Day Pass

Arrivals Lounge One-Day Passes are available for purchase for USD $90 + VAT to all other passengers* flying to London Heathrow upon arrival.

For further details
Link to LHR airport information on aa.com
Link to LHR airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Older or obsolete posts through the August 2016 Arrivals Lounge reopening have been archived to ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Apt. Terminal 3 AA Arrivals Lounge

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by jgsx
No hot water (so no showers) and no alternate facility provided.

I had to haul over to T2 to use the priority pass lounge. Full F AA ticket. I usually fly UA but thought I'd give AA's flagship product a try. Very poor service.
I'm somewhat confused; were you arriving, or departing? Were you using the Flagship Lounge, or the Arrivals Lounge? (In either case, I can assure you a lack of hot water is a rare anomaly.)
Old Nov 12, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
They didn't suggest going to the BA Arrivals Lounge in T5, which you were entitled to use regardless??
They didn't suggest it to me. They just said "no hot water, sorry" after I requested me shower as if it were an afterthought.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by JDiver
I'm somewhat confused; were you arriving, or departing? Were you using the Flagship Lounge, or the Arrivals Lounge? (In either case, I can assure you a lack of hot water is a rare anomaly.)
I arrived at LHR. I tried to use the arrivals lounge at terminal 3. I asked where else I could go, and just got a shoulder shrug.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mark_T
You could have entered on your own as the ticketed J passenger, but you may not bring in a guest so if you presented as both or nothing then 'nothing' was the correct answer...

If your wife had been ticketed in J then you should both have been admitted.
Right. She hadn't been in J in this case for complicated reasons. I presented her as J and me as EXP but they didn't buy it

I felt a bit hard done by, wanting a shower after a night in Y, but quickly moved on after Marriott upgraded us to a $3000/night suite.

Thought it might be helpful for folks to know that the rules on this lounge are strict.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:59 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by jmappleby

Thought it might be helpful for folks to know that the rules on this lounge are strict.
It's a pretty small lounge. If they're not strict it would quickly become a zoo.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by jmappleby
I visited with my wife, I'm EXP(J) and she GLD(Y) and obviously she flew in the J seat and I hoped for a shower before work. They turned us away.

We pouted a little and moved on, but guess the admissions policy is very strict.
Same thing just happened to us today. I'm very surprised they don't allow your significant other to join you in the lounge.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bworrell
Same thing just happened to us today. I'm very surprised they don't allow your significant other to join you in the lounge.
As BLG mentioned, it is a relatively small lounge, and since many want to take a shower etc.., it is truly capacity constrained. They don't want F and J pax having a downgraded experience (delays) just so a significant other (or any other guest) can have access without the prerequisite qualifications. And it's been this way as long as I can remember.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 3:47 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
As BLG mentioned, it is a relatively small lounge, and since many want to take a shower etc.., it is truly capacity constrained. They don't want F and J pax having a downgraded experience (delays) just so a significant other (or any other guest) can have access without the prerequisite qualifications. And it's been this way as long as I can remember.
There was a single person in the lounge when we tried to access it. It just seems strange that they would turn town an EXPLAT and SO (who is a PLAT). The EXPLAT was in Business, and the PLAT missed the business upgrade by just one or two spots.

AA seems to have a "those are the rules" mentality right now instead of a common sense approach. A good compromise would be to allow a single guest when on the same ticket, except when lounge is near capacity.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
There was a single person in the lounge when we tried to access it. It just seems strange that they would turn town an EXPLAT and SO (who is a PLAT). The EXPLAT was in Business, and the PLAT missed the business upgrade by just one or two spots.

AA seems to have a "those are the rules" mentality right now instead of a common sense approach. A good compromise would be to allow a single guest when on the same ticket, except when lounge is near capacity.
It only takes a few of those "common sense approach" situations to create a uncomfortable lounge situation. You want just your SO be to be included, next person wants their SO and of course their 3 kids also because you cant allow the SO and not the kids......

Outside of arrivals lounge I would argue AA is quite guest friendly so not sure I agree with your assertion with AA's mentality. Rules are put in place for a reason and this is a good example of that.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty

The UA and BA arrivals lounges are just as strict... Don't assume a rule bend will happen, plan for it. The OP (of this issue) going to their hotel earlier got a significant room upgrade - so it sometimes balances out. Spending the time in the lounge and being at the hotel later may have resulted in someone else getting that room upgrade.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
The UA and BA arrivals lounges are just as strict...
As is the VS revivals lounge. The rules are clear. Must have the right status or be in the right cabin and no guests.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
I for one love the quiet, peaceful Arrivals Lounge experience. Kudos to AA for that. ^^
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:24 pm

Hello everyone,
Just joined today and this is my very 1st post
AA website now shows hours of ops from 5am - 2:30p (as opposed to 3:30p on the full wiki). Can someone confirm either time?
We are arriving at 110p and wondering what transit time to expect from deplaning, getting luggage, clearing customs and walking to the lounge... (fasttrack for family of 4)
Also, read comments that hot water has been an issue for showers. Anyone know if this a current/persistent problem.
Thanks the community for your valuable insight and hope everyone enjoys the holidays.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by greko
Hello everyone,
Just joined today and this is my very 1st post
AA website now shows hours of ops from 5am - 2:30p (as opposed to 3:30p on the full wiki). Can someone confirm either time?
We are arriving at 110p and wondering what transit time to expect from deplaning, getting luggage, clearing customs and walking to the lounge... (fasttrack for family of 4)
Also, read comments that hot water has been an issue for showers. Anyone know if this a current/persistent problem.
Thanks the community for your valuable insight and hope everyone enjoys the holidays.
Welcome to FT greko!

Unfortunately I can not speak to the exact ops hours, but I don't think it will matter too much. If your flight arrives on time, and you have Fast Track entry, you and your family will probably be able to access the lounge before 2:00 PM. That should allow for plenty of time to take a shower, if that's what you want, or enjoy a quick bite before heading on. I'm also pretty sure they will not kick anyone out at exactly 2:30 (if that is indeed the time), but rather no longer admit anyone else in.

And once again, welcome to FT, and hope you gain a lot of insights, as well as share your own with the rest of us. Happy Holidays!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:21 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Just wondering what people's experience is these days of how full this arrivals lounge is?

CX is restricting access now citing capacity constraints so I'm wondering how true this is.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ls-lounge.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.