Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
London Heathrow Terminal 3 Landside Level 2
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
(Please note this is not a oneworld lounge)

Location: LANDSIDE. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Immigration and the Customs Hall, and take the stairs or elevator / lift (faces forex bureaux) to Level 2.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (reduced hours - 2022)

Amenities:
  • 29 shower suites with C.O. Bigelow products
  • Hair dryers
  • Valet ironing service
  • Dental & shaving kits (by request)
  • Full breakfast & lunch buffet
  • Coffee, espresso & champagne (on request) bar
  • Wi-Fi
  • Temporary baggage stowage (while one visits)
  • Business Centre with individual workstations
  • Daily newspapers

See post #180 by CMK10 and post #291 by Genius1 for photos.

Access criteria
  • First and Business Class passengers arriving on American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including ConciergeKey)
  • Access available for qualifying individuals only (no guests)
  • Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access without the purchase of an Arrivals Lounge Day Pass

Arrivals Lounge One-Day Passes are available for purchase for USD $90 + VAT to all other passengers* flying to London Heathrow upon arrival.

For further details
Link to LHR airport information on aa.com
Link to LHR airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Older or obsolete posts through the August 2016 Arrivals Lounge reopening have been archived to ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Apt. Terminal 3 AA Arrivals Lounge

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I always thought what this place was missing was a chance to have a drink if so inclined.

Glad to see great minds think alike .
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA Gold, SWA, Lifemiles, Emirates, Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Thanks for sharing. Looks like a big improvement from what it was in the past (although I always appreciated the shower and pressing service).

In addition to the champagne, I noticed the Bloody Mary bar.. nice!
BLOODY MARY BAR!!!!!!!!! I hope my flight doesn't run late s that I can make it before closing!!!!!
Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by mikelat
Whats the average time these days for clearing customs & immigration in London? We will be arriving 9AM so figuring on visiting arrivals lounge for showers and breakfast before heading in to LHR. Assuming an hour in the lounge I'm trying to account for how much time in immigration/customs (flying in J if that helps) before we get in to the lounge so that I can schedule our car service. 1 hr buffer?
I arrived around 9am today and cleared immigration in about 5 minutes. I had fast track and maybe 5 people ahead of me in line. The other line seemed to go just as fast. The walk from the plane took longer than going through Border Force.

In the arrivals lounge now. Showers were great (no wait) and the foods for breakfast are pretty wide: yogurts, cereals, sausage, eggs, bacon....
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Microwave
Did you, ahem, happen to see the label on the bottle?
Originally Posted by Flying Buccaneer
I'm at the arrivals lounge right now. It's about 11:30 a.m. in London, and there are maybe 10 people here. Here are a few pictures of the food that's available:

Looks like Moët to me, which would be the same as the current LHR Flagship Lounge offering.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Is this only open to Biz or F passengers? Or can Admrials Club members gain access on arrival?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Long-standing admission policy: F, C, or EXP/OWE in Y. An Admirals Club membership doesn't qualify, nor any Advantage status below EXP in Y.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Is this only open to Biz or F passengers? Or can Admrials Club members gain access on arrival?
Please read the Wikipost at the top of this page; full access rules are there to be read.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by runpete
I arrived around 9am today and cleared immigration in about 5 minutes. I had fast track and maybe 5 people ahead of me in line. The other line seemed to go just as fast. The walk from the plane took longer than going through Border Force.

In the arrivals lounge now. Showers were great (no wait) and the foods for breakfast are pretty wide: yogurts, cereals, sausage, eggs, bacon....
Great to hear this quick timing. I'll update with my experience later this week.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mikelat
Great to hear this quick timing. I'll update with my experience later this week.
I was tenth in line at Fast Track, and there was only one officer handling the entire queue. It was about 5 minutes until another officer came along. It took about 10 minutes total to get through.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Please read the Wikipost at the top of this page; full access rules are there to be read.
I can't access the wiki post via the mobile version of this site. Can someone help me out with my question?

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ccengct
Long-standing admission policy: F, C, or EXP/OWE in Y. An Admirals Club membership doesn't qualify, nor any Advantage status below EXP in Y.
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
I can't access the wiki post via the mobile version of this site. Can someone help me out with my question?

Thanks!
Your question was directly answered by ccengct yesterday.

No, Admirals Club members can't get in. Refurbishment of the lounge did not change the criteria for accessing it.

Regards
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Mrs. Siankaan1 and I are arriving LHR from DFW on Wednesday, continuing on to DUS four hours later. Would like showers and a snack, but don't want to leave security. What lounge would folks recommend?

Edited to add: OW Sapphire and traveling in business class.

Last edited by siankaan1; Aug 14, 2016 at 9:20 am
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by siankaan1
Mrs. Siankaan1 and I are arriving LHR from DFW on Wednesday, continuing on to DUS four hours later. Would like showers and a snack, but don't want to leave security. What lounge would folks recommend?

Whatever lounges are available in your DUS departing terminal are your really only practical options if you don't want to leave security (and you really don't want to do that at LHR with a 4 hr layover).

If T5, one of the BA Galleries Lounges, if T3, I would probably shower at the AA AC, and then check out the BA Galleries Lounge. I don't believe the new, renovated CX Lounge is open yet.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by siankaan1

This is the wrong thread to consult as this is for the Arrivals AA lounge. There is another thread on LHR lounges that you can browse through. No way to avoid security at LHR regardless of DUS departure terminal. However, if your departing flight is from T5 and you use AA AC in T3 (good showers, good lounging chairs, good wifi) then you will have to clear security twice, once to enter T3 and once to enter T5. Both terminals have good BA lounges.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:24 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Wondering what kind of lunch offerings there will be in the early afternoon -- anyone have any experience yet with post-breakfast choices? Will be coming in on #108 from LAX which arrives around 12:30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.