Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
London Heathrow Terminal 3 Landside Level 2
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
(Please note this is not a oneworld lounge)

Location: LANDSIDE. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Immigration and the Customs Hall, and take the stairs or elevator / lift (faces forex bureaux) to Level 2.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (reduced hours - 2022)

Amenities:
  • 29 shower suites with C.O. Bigelow products
  • Hair dryers
  • Valet ironing service
  • Dental & shaving kits (by request)
  • Full breakfast & lunch buffet
  • Coffee, espresso & champagne (on request) bar
  • Wi-Fi
  • Temporary baggage stowage (while one visits)
  • Business Centre with individual workstations
  • Daily newspapers

See post #180 by CMK10 and post #291 by Genius1 for photos.

Access criteria
  • First and Business Class passengers arriving on American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including ConciergeKey)
  • Access available for qualifying individuals only (no guests)
  • Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access without the purchase of an Arrivals Lounge Day Pass

Arrivals Lounge One-Day Passes are available for purchase for USD $90 + VAT to all other passengers* flying to London Heathrow upon arrival.

For further details
Link to LHR airport information on aa.com
Link to LHR airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Older or obsolete posts through the August 2016 Arrivals Lounge reopening have been archived to ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Apt. Terminal 3 AA Arrivals Lounge

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
If you have Priority Pass, walk over to Terminal 2 and use the Arrivals Lounge there. I did this last week. Small lounge, but nice. Good showers. Friendly staff.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Good news is I switched to flight 50 so I now arrive at 9:30. The bad news is that after further convo with said date it appears she is flying to Sydney the day before.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
What is Lunch Like at AA LHR Arrivals Lounge?

Going to arrive around lunch time and plan on stopping by anyway, but wondering if the lunch offerings are worth planning on eating there, or moving on into the city? On the AA site they mention both a buffet, and a "a la carte menu", but without any sample descriptions.

I know that I could find much nicer options once having checked into our central London hotel, but then it would be a late lunch and already have dinner plans so trying to space them out.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Going to arrive around lunch time and plan on stopping by anyway, but wondering if the lunch offerings are worth planning on eating there, or moving on into the city? On the AA site they mention both a buffet, and a "a la carte menu", but without any sample descriptions.

I know that I could find much nicer options once having checked into our central London hotel, but then it would be a late lunch and already have dinner plans so trying to space them out.
I was there in late summer. While the quality of the offerings was good, don't expect anything approaching a "meal". Finger sandwiches, smoked salmon and some snacks is what I remember. Non-alc drinks and (maybe) Champagne.

The post-TATL shower was well worth the stop for me.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:08 pm

I find the quality of food there exceeds that found on the plane. It takes hardly any time at all to get the elevator up and see what happens to be there on the day you arrive.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer

I was there a few days ago - the food is really quite good, with an extensive selection. You can order off the menu - I had the Eggs Benedict plus a bacon butty, but there were also a large number of dishes with pasta, chicken curry and rice on offer.
There are plenty of pictures of the menus in this review:
LHR: London Heathrow American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
Don't miss you free booze too if so inclined: decent bloody mary, and champagne to follow.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's definitely more breakfast-y, other than the chicken curry & rice, and some pita & Mediterranean spreads and cheese/charcuterie they had during my June visit (don't recall pasta though). The a la carte menu then only had eggs benedict, protein pancakes, bacon or sausage butty, organic porridge, and a soup of the day (after 10:30am).
It's pretty good for lounge food, and certainly enough to tide yourself over until dinner.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
LHR Arrivals lounge - how crowded in the morning?

Typically, is there a long wait for the showers at the AA arrivals lounge at LHR?

I am arriving at 6:20 AM, which I believe is the first American arrival into Heathrow. But BA pax can also use the arrivals lounge, correct?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:50 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I’ve never had to wait at any time of day..
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:01 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Typically, is there a long wait for the showers at the AA arrivals lounge at LHR?

I am arriving at 6:20 AM, which I believe is the first American arrival into Heathrow. But BA pax can also use the arrivals lounge, correct?
Very few Arrivals Lounge qualified BA passengers would use the AA T-3 Arrivals Lounge; most would likely use the T-5 BA Arrivals Lounge.

It’s not apt to be busy at that time of day.

We have merged your query into the existing thread. /Moderator
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:43 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
The LHR Arrivals Lounge continues to be one of the top perks of Exec-Plattiness. Great good, great staff, wonderful showers, and practically empty.
brewdog11 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:24 am

The wiki suggests this closes at 3:30pm but the website says 2:30pm and someone in the thread mentioned 2pm. Is the website indeed correct with 2:30pm?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:52 pm

I read 3:30 in summer and 2:30 in winter
Old May 8, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: ABBA
Disappointing - the showers have some terrible American rap playing, no ability to turn it off, let alone listen to radio 4. lyrics blasting out appear to include "don't fu** with my heart"
Old May 8, 2018, 4:09 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by paulwuk
Disappointing - the showers have some terrible American rap playing, no ability to turn it off, let alone listen to radio 4. lyrics blasting out appear to include "don't fu** with my heart"
Isn't there a volume control and a channel selector, on the wall just beside the entry door?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.