FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   American Airlines and LY / EL AL Israel Airlines Codeshares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/764244-american-airlines-ly-el-al-israel-airlines-codeshares.html)

ly787 Feb 15, 2008 6:56 am

Any news on AA and LY codeshare?

Does anyone know when the codesharing agreement starts between AA and LY?
Do you know the flights that will be codeshared on each airline?

when will it start showing up on reservatin system?

ly787 Feb 23, 2008 4:32 pm

no updates?

pixpixpix Mar 15, 2008 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Greg76248 (Post 9234439)
Anyone have any update?

Application still pending. Here's the DOT info.

You can sign up for notification of any approvals by clicking on the notification link upper right.

yosithezet Mar 16, 2008 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by pixpixpix (Post 9414659)
Application still pending. Here's the DOT info.

You can sign up for notification of any approvals by clicking on the notification link upper right.

Thanks for the great information. I read through the latest 'reply' and found it very interesting. I like where they say that United is "simply wrong".

I've signed up for notification as I don't have enough obscure things that I keep track of. :D

MAH4546 Mar 16, 2008 7:39 pm

Assuming no delays, AA/LY codeshare flights start 30APR08 and they will be bookable 20APR08.

CO FF Mar 17, 2008 9:16 am

If you go to the link that pixpix posted, you can read a copy of the Codeshare Agreement -- details on how the availability is controlled are sort of interesting...

oklAAhoma Mar 26, 2008 11:36 am

Originally Posted by MAH4546 (Post 9420010)
Assuming no delays, AA/LY codeshare flights start 30APR08 and they will be bookable 20APR08.

^ Thanks.

pixpixpix Mar 29, 2008 11:04 pm

Approval posted with routes

Approval posted march 28th on DOT website (pdf link)

INITIAL CODE-SHARING ROUTES

(A) AA* on El Al-operated flights

New York (JFK)-Tel Aviv
Newark-Tel Aviv
Los Angeles-Tel Aviv
Miami-Tel Aviv
Paris (CDG)-Tel Aviv
Rome-Tel Aviv
Frankfurt-Tel Aviv
London (LHR)-Tel Aviv
Madrid-Tel Aviv
Zurich-Tel Aviv

Plus over 60 LY codeshares on AA flights

pixpixpix Apr 23, 2008 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546 (Post 9420010)

So were there delays? TLV still not showing on aa.com.

nsr Apr 29, 2008 8:42 am

update from LY forum

Just saw this in the LY forum:

Originally Posted by EL AL Rep. (Post 9649394)
Dear Sir
The code share agreement with AA is expected to be signed during June, thus enabling the use of AA flights under LY code starting from July. As part of this agreement El Al will offer some 25 destination within the U.S.A. such as: Dallas, Chicago, Boston, Las Vegas and many others.
Members of EL AL matmid club can accumulate points from AA flights and vice versa.

zman Apr 29, 2008 8:47 am

Originally Posted by nsr (Post 9650064)
Just saw this in the LY forum:

June?? Most people will have already purchased any summer travel.

MAH4546 May 2, 2008 9:01 pm

As of now, the codeshare will start 25JUN08. Hopefully this is the last delay.

LatusElAl Jun 28, 2008 3:52 pm

June 25th has come and gone, yet I still don't see TLV as an AA codeshare detination. Any update?

Thumper Jun 28, 2008 9:06 pm

Still no dice.

I have been calling every other day to get information.

And this is also one of those summers where using AA miles for an ElAl ticket was not possible (for me). I tried for three different blocks of time, as I had some flexibility.

I'm actually a little nervous that I'm going to be traveling MALEV to Israel. I'll let everyone know how their FC service is. BTW, I'm flying home via Madrid and actually going IBERIA for that last segment. Should be an adventure. Just glad I'm up front.

exiled2tx Jun 28, 2008 9:25 pm

A friend of mine was telling me the other night that he has a ticket on AA / El Al with routing IAH - ORD - BRU - TLV. Said it was a pretty good price. I didn't get into details - I just assumed that the codeshare had started.