Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Music played on, during boarding / disembarking AA flights (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Music Played on AA During Boarding and Disembarkation

The music for the month can usually be found and played on Spotify, here. Previous playlists are shown as well.

[/B][/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

Music played on, during boarding / disembarking AA flights (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
The first song they seem to play upon boarding (relaxing one with vocals) is "Hold You Inside" by Lumin Bells. I was surprised that they didn't pick a pop hit by a big name. It's a pretty nice song.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Royce
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons on the LAX-MCO redeye on the 16th and on the JFK-LAS on the 18th.

I had a bit of a giggle at it.
I enjoyed the version of Radioactive that I've heard on my last few flight. I did not enjoy hearing Blurred Lines.. What a crappy song to choose!
Old Dec 16, 2013, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
The first song they seem to play upon boarding (relaxing one with vocals) is "Hold You Inside" by Lumin Bells. I was surprised that they didn't pick a pop hit by a big name. It's a pretty nice song.
If anyone is stuck on a non-IFE equipped AA plane, you can BYOBM (Bring Your Own Boarding Music). The Lumin Bells "Hold You Inside" Brandscape by Smart Cookie TV is available here. Don those headphones, fire up the tablet/laptop/smartphone and ignore the funny looks from fellow pax (especially if it helps dull the pain of being on a CR2).

Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Not going to read through thread but:

Hold You Inside - Lumin Bells
Old Dec 20, 2013, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by IflyonAA
Not going to read through thread but:

Hold You Inside - Lumin Bells
Thanks to all that named this. The song has been played on every AA flight I've boarded for the last 3 months or so. Was surprised to learn that it was actually contemporary. I thought it was something from the 70's.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VA
If anyone knows what song/s AA are playing after landing this month (Feb '14) I would be grateful! I thought I recognised it but it has escaped me.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
the muppets song?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Songs I've heard in the last few weeks:

"Wake Me Up" by Avicii - fitting that it was played after a red eye
"I dreamed a Dream"
"Counting Stars" by OneRepublic - not 100% sure on this one
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Majuki
Songs I've heard in the last few weeks:

"Wake Me Up" by Avicii - fitting that it was played after a red eye
"I dreamed a Dream"
"Counting Stars" by OneRepublic - not 100% sure on this one
I heard "Counting Stars" last week.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Thanks to all that named this. The song has been played on every AA flight I've boarded for the last 3 months or so. Was surprised to learn that it was actually contemporary. I thought it was something from the 70's.
Have they stopped playing this now? I've been on two 738 flights in the past week where it wasn't played.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by akenne21
However...I'm pretty sure (unless I'm going nuts) that I also heard some other stuff with lyrics...one of which was a nice song with something about 'going home' on it. Anyone have any ideas as to what it might be?
If it was modern, maybe it was Drake's Hold On, We're Going Home?

On my last AA flights in December, I heard Radioactive (Imagine Dragons), One (U2), Brave (Sara Bareilles), and I Gotta Feeling (Black Eyed Peas). I'm hoping I'll get Counting Stars on one of my next flights in April.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
Needs more variety. Flying 3 flights today, have heard the same songs on all of them.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
AA NERD ALERT: Does anyone have any idea what the music is when you're on hold with AA? I've these songs so many times that they've become familiar, so I'd like to know what songs they are/where they got the music from. Anyone!?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:50 pm

For the inflight songs, I'm guessing we can find clues here: http://www.americanairlinesentertain...sic?channel=12
Just replace the month and year in the URL with the current one.

As for the phone ones, I'm curious too.

Also, can anyone tell what background music is played from this video taken by a fellow FTer(below)? BTW these are the new 763 seats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hvW1ktOtgg&hd=1
Old May 6, 2014, 3:45 pm

I would love to know who does the piano versions of the songs played on boarding/disembarking right now (May 2014) - my friend is a huge Pearl Jam fan, and I would blow his mind, in the funniest possible way, with the piano version of "Better Man" they have right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.