Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Music played on, during boarding / disembarking AA flights (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Music Played on AA During Boarding and Disembarkation

The music for the month can usually be found and played on Spotify, here. Previous playlists are shown as well.

[/B][/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:02 pm
Used to be MJ-bos

Programs: AA ExecPlat, COdbaUA 1P & 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, Avis 1st
Glad I'm not the only geek about this ... I want the instrumentals that are behind the safety video. There's something really soothing about that guitar riff and I want to find it!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:38 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MJ-bos
Glad I'm not the only geek about this ...
That's the beauty of this community...we all have the little things that we enjoy and notice during our travels. That's what makes FlyerTalk so great!

And with that, we'll merge today's thread into our existing thread discussing on-board music on AA aircraft. Thanks! /Moderator
Old Dec 7, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by towbat
Quite a few posters on here have been trying to identify the music played on American Airlines during boarding. The video is entitled "Earthdance" by David Fortney Productions. At the end of the video are the musical score credits, which I would personally love to have a complete listing of. You can check out more of the details at www.davidfortney.com Hope this helps.
If all first posts were this helpful. Thank you towbat.

I have had some success in the past sending emails to AA requesting the names of the work and artist if the information is not available on either aa.com or AA mag on the plane. Particularly for the Metro channel - i.e. heard the best chill jazz song (imho) coming back from Barcelona - "Sure Thing" by St. Germain. Didn't know who it was, but AA sent the entire set list and I found it on YouTube.

I'm a hard rocker by trade, but I'm happy to see that there are quite a few of us that really enjoy this kind of music.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Accoustical versions of pop songs?

Hi all,
I flew on 738 equipment yesterday and on both flights I was surprised to hear various contemporary pop songs in "elevator music" / accoustical format. You know how you are settling into your seat, checking email, half paying attention, and suddenly you realize the melody you are humming is "Blurred Lines?" Good heavens! Yes, I kid you not--the boarding music was an elevator-music version of Robin Thicke's summer hit. Then, an accoustical version of what I think is a Lady Gage song.

Just wondering....should AA just play the actual pop songs (as used to happen, at least on 757 flights) instead of these accoustical versions? What do you think?

To be honest, it felt a bit like a psychological trick....making it sound like undistinguishable elevator music, but using pop music melodic lines that everybody knows from listening to the radio... I couldn't figure out the intent of it.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Somehow, I can guarantee that someone will sue AA for playing Blurred lines on the plane...
Old Oct 13, 2013, 5:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Hi all,
I flew on 738 equipment yesterday and on both flights I was surprised to hear various contemporary pop songs in "elevator music" / accoustical format. You know how you are settling into your seat, checking email, half paying attention, and suddenly you realize the melody you are humming is "Blurred Lines?" Good heavens! Yes, I kid you not--the boarding music was an elevator-music version of Robin Thicke's summer hit. Then, an accoustical version of what I think is a Lady Gage song.
I think it generally starts with Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain". I really like that one to be honest.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Then, an accoustical version of what I think is a Lady Gage song.
I've heard acoustical covers of:

"Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele
"Let Her Go" by Passenger
"Lights" by Ellie Goulding

Perhaps we could make an exhaustive list and put in in a wiki.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
There's a U2 song in there as well
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DM, SPG GLD, Hertz 5*, AMEX PLT, GE

As well as something by Katy Perry. I believe it is the Dallas strings or some group along those lines that is playing.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
The acoustic versions are probably cheaper. Plus I find them more soothing than the originals - yet they're still familiar. Set Fire To The Rain is always the first played. Can't say I've heard Blurred Lines, though.

I have many of the old boarding songs on my playlist. Nothing like cranking those up and reliving old times.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
Glad I found this thread. Now I know I am not crazy. On both my flights to HNL last month, on arrival in HNL and returning at DFW both times deplaning I heard Lights by Ellie goulding. Could not figure out why but it was a nice soothing touch after a long flight.

Never heard it on any other domestic flight, certainly not on Eagle or the Mad Dogs, but is this something specific to certain planes? Mine were a 757 and 767-300, or is this music only for high profile destinations?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:21 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
I think it generally starts with Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain". I really like that one to be honest.
It's followed by Train (was it "Hey Soul Sister?") and Coldplay - don't recall which. Others like Lady Gaga or Katy Perry I wouldn't know as I don't listen to them.

Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat
I *thought* I heard a Muzak version of "Blurred Lines" upon landing in LAX from HNL yesterday, but since it was a red eye I wasn't sure! (Gloria Ferrer + Advil PM = Robin Thicke? )
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The U2 song that's played is "One Love" - it finally came to me on the tarmac at DFW yesterday :-)
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:43 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Stripy
The U2 song that's played is "One Love" - it finally came to me on the tarmac at DFW yesterday :-)
Which, if you've ever heard the Automatic Baby (= 1/2 of REM + 1/2 of U2) version, you'd never think of as a U2 song again

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.