Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Music played on, during boarding / disembarking AA flights (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Music Played on AA During Boarding and Disembarkation

The music for the month can usually be found and played on Spotify, here. Previous playlists are shown as well.

[/B][/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

Music played on, during boarding / disembarking AA flights (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by TxnTravlr
Actually, was quite bored and searched many key terms knowing I had previously seen something regarding the same topic!
^ I'm duly impressed. Both with your memory and with the extent to which you'll go to escape boredom.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
I think Eagle's boarding music is Enya. I know quite a few times that I would board either Eagle and/or Connection, it often be an Enya song.
Actually, let me set the record straight on this one (unless they've changed it recently.)

It does sound a bit like Enya. But the AE boarding music is commercial production music done by Jack Waldenmaier of The Music Bakery in Dallas. You can get a free listen on his website here, the title of the song is Destiny, click on play demos.

I've used Jack's music in my work and e-mailed him about hearing his song on Eagle flights all the time (I think I've heard it being played at the Skylink stations at DFW, too.) He said his daughter also sang on the piece. Jack (and his daughter) do good work.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage - Executive Platinum (2MM), Marriott Silver
Wow...I didn't realize people were still posting on this thread in regards to in-flight music. Guess I wasn't the only weird one that always wondered about this stuff.

And I truly love that "Across the View" track off of Sunday Morning Coffee. I listen to it every so often when I'm working at home. A bit of nostalgia to it since it reminds me of those nights living in Japan when I was a teacher there.

Unfortunately that was the only track I was really looking for so the rest is a haze. However, I will be in Tokyo again this following week so I will write the rest of the set down for anyone who is interested.

Originally Posted by kebosabi
You don't have a job opening do you?

I'm actually looking for one with business trips to Japan so as to meet my fiancee and their family more often.
I don't think we have any openings at this time (or back when you posted) unfortunately. Though I'm sure by now you must be in Japan anyway so this is a moot point.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Shinikenshi
Unfortunately that was the only track I was really looking for so the rest is a haze. However, I will be in Tokyo again this following week so I will write the rest of the set down for anyone who is interested.
I'm still looking for one of the songs. I missed the credits on my last 763 LAS-DFW flight, but the song had video of a waterfall and crashing waves (then again, maybe all the songs' videos show these generic images ).
Old Apr 17, 2008, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage - Executive Platinum (2MM), Marriott Silver
I really should write this stuff down! I blame the fact that I always board a plane sleepy and forget.

Another track played in the 5 song set on the international flights to Tokyo is Mychael Danna's Deirdre of the Sorrows.

Perhaps on my NEXT trip I will have another song for everyone...that is to say the 1-2 people who might still care! :P
Old Nov 12, 2009, 5:08 pm

Boarding Music on AA International Flights

I too am fixated on the Boarding music payed on AA International flights. I searched and it is produced by Music Bakery of Dallas. The title is "Beyond Words" and can be downloaded from their website. Enjoy!

I listened to it for 3 plus hour over and over flying from DFW to PDX the other day!!!! Call me crazy but it is very soothing.....no wonder they use it to calm everyone trying to board a crowded 777.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 5:06 pm

AA boarding music video

Quite a few posters on here have been trying to identify the music played on American Airlines during boarding. The video is entitled "Earthdance" by David Fortney Productions. At the end of the video are the musical score credits, which I would personally love to have a complete listing of. You can check out more of the details at www.davidfortney.com Hope this helps.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 5:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk, towbat, and thanks for that!

N.B. It took a few minutes for your post to appear because the embedded link required the post be approved by a Moderator before being allowed - a security measure to intercept and suppress spammers. / JDiver, Moderator
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: AA, DL
Why don't they mix it up a little? AA plays the exact same songs at the end of every flight. They're fine the first few times you hear them, but they become annoying after you've heard them again and again.

It just seems painfully programmed.

How often do they change the music?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:02 pm

Question Boarding music during December 1996?

Hello

What a great forum. I am currently looking for a needle in a hay stack.

I have friend who loves flying and air planes. It is his biggest passion in life.

Today he wrote this on his FB Wall: "Humming on American Airlines boarding music from the late 90s (note from me: possibly December, 1996) and wishing I had the actual song.

Now I want to find it for him and I figured this thread might be a good place to start.
I'm from Sweden and know nothing about boarding music nor American Airlines. So I'm hoping someone out there can help me? Any idea on how I can track down the song in question?

Kind regards
/Christina
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:59 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
The late 1990s / early 2000s boarding music was a song called "Anthem" by Suzanne Ciani, from the album "History of my Heart". It is available in two versions, one of which is piano only.

You can find the CD on Amazon. If you are within the US, you can listen to the standard version or the piano version on Rhapsody.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP
Personally I can't stand the waterfalls and that depressing music but that's just me. It gets old - quickly.

I think the most exciting song that I have experienced after boarding was:

http://youtu.be/pu7AR0-FRro

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 12, 2011 at 11:34 am Reason: weird looking URL - cleared
Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
On the subject of corporate audio, does anybody happen to know where I could buy / download the song from this commercial? It also played in the background of some AA safety videos for some time...

I think it's called "Tickets to Life" theme.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:18 pm

AA boarding music.

Hi, this is my first post. I travel every week on American and always liked the music they use for the boarding process. I finally found it and I'd like to share it with you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40wcqlt1Uo
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My first post too, and in the same vein, does anyone know what song is playing in the AA Customs/Immigration/Welcome to the US video?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.