Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Hopefully the new club at HNL will still have a nice view of the mountains and tarmac. I'm not a big fan of those undeground clubs near the "garden" because they are kind of dark and have no view.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: Aegean Miles & Bonus Gold, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold
Anyone know if I can call direct to HNL to start a new membership? I like to help the little guy too, and was about to buy one @ LAX (Worthless mega club) tomorrow.

-SF
Old Feb 29, 2008, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by SoulFlyer
Anyone know if I can call direct to HNL to start a new membership? I like to help the little guy too, and was about to buy one @ LAX (Worthless mega club) tomorrow.

-SF
Yes, call the regular AC # (800-237-7971) and it will give you the choice to "get a new membership" don't pick that, rather wait for the option that says "speak to a club directly" then it will ask you for the code for the club (HNL = 465) and that will put you through.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Sorta sad to hear about a new club "nearer the gates." It's bound to not have a good a view - and probably not be basically a QF club and therefore probably come with a liquor license = charge for drinks. Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 7:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
On a side note, if anyone wants to go to HNL to renew in person, AA has SFO-HNL for $260 base fare with the current DealFinder discount.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
thanks

Originally Posted by bdemaria
Yes, call the regular AC # (800-237-7971) and it will give you the choice to "get a new membership" don't pick that, rather wait for the option that says "speak to a club directly" then it will ask you for the code for the club (HNL = 465) and that will put you through.
I prefer to renew in the clubs that need a renewal rather than at a super club. Without your advice I would have fallen for the generic choice.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:47 am

Programs: AA 1MM; Hilton Diamond
I renewed today at SJC. I handed the AAngel my regular (not business) AAdvantage mastercard and she gave me an extra $50 off. The receipt shows the discount as CB2.

So, I got the $50 credit on a renewal with a regular card. It made my platinum renewal $250. I was just about to switch to the Amex platinum, but this makes me feel much better that I didn't.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 5:11 am

Programs: AA PLT 6MM
Originally Posted by SuperSnoop
I renewed today at SJC. I handed the AAngel my regular (not business) AAdvantage mastercard and she gave me an extra $50 off. The receipt shows the discount as CB2.
I wonder if I might get the $50 extra discount with my Scotiabank AAdvantage Mastercard issued in Barbados? No harm in trying I guess.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by becket5
I wonder if I might get the $50 extra discount with my Scotiabank AAdvantage Mastercard issued in Barbados? No harm in trying I guess.
I think SuperSnoop just lucked out by getting either a sympathetic (or uninformed) agent.

Good for him (or her)! But the discount is supposed to be $50 for new members and $25 for renewals when charged on the CitiBusiness AA card.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: Aegean Miles & Bonus Gold, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Thanks! I've decided to just do it while I'm in HNL this weekend, paying the $50/day pass option in LAX, then apply that to my Annual when I buy it @ HNL.

Thanks again,

-SF
Old Mar 9, 2008, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
Remember to renew at an A/C that can use the renewal. It is all too easy to renew online or in a very busy club. Look around in your travels for a club that can use the renewal. Yes AA does keep track of such things.
Originally Posted by ESpen36
HNL! HNL! HNL!

(or any other club without much premium/OW traffic that could be on the chopping block)
Originally Posted by videomaker
But the discount is supposed to be $50 for new members and $25 for renewals when charged on the CitiBusiness AA card.
I renewed at HNL last year, since they had recently re-opened and were very nice. I usually renew at my home club, SAN, since they are also small and the AAngels there have always been super helpful.

Just to confirm: the Citi business discount can be used in-person as well as online? I was under the impression that it was online only. Do you normally have to mention it, or a code?
Old Mar 9, 2008, 8:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Two (or three, or four) years ago, I renewed in person and used my Citi Business card to renew - the discount was applied.

Originally Posted by anabolism
I renewed at HNL last year, since they had recently re-opened and were very nice. I usually renew at my home club, SAN, since they are also small and the AAngels there have always been super helpful.

Just to confirm: the Citi business discount can be used in-person as well as online? I was under the impression that it was online only. Do you normally have to mention it, or a code?
Old Mar 9, 2008, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism

The HNL AAngels are fantastic! Really among the best in the system! (almost
as nice as the AUS ladies!)

The CitiBusiness discount can be used in person and over the phone. Not sure about online (I don't see an option for a promotional code).
Old May 10, 2008, 12:54 pm

Programs: Various
Just to be clear, are there discounts being given to Citibank card holders for A/C membership only to those with the Business Citi card ? Mine is Platinum World Citi card and I'd like to know if I'd get the $50 reduction.

Thanks for any advice.
Old May 10, 2008, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HH DIAMOND, SOUTHWEST RR, HERTZ
Originally Posted by Robt760
Just to be clear, are there discounts being given to Citibank card holders for A/C membership only to those with the Business Citi card ? Mine is Platinum World Citi card and I'd like to know if I'd get the $50 reduction.

Thanks for any advice.
Similar to Super Snoop - I too received a discount off of Plat Renewal at DCA this morning. Didn't ask for it but the nice AAngel looked for it - when I told her I was moving and renewing to the DC area and she mentioned CB1 and and recieived $25 off for $275 in concert with my personal Citibank AAdvantage card.. Not quite as good as $50 but I'm grateful anyway!

Sincerely, - jdburns11

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.