Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Old Jan 21, 08, 3:05 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami
Programs: AA EXP, National Exec
Posts: 369
I joined the AC last year about this time and IIRC several of the smaller ACs were offering $50 discounts for joining or renewing at their club. Does anyone know which clubs are offering that discount now (if any)?

Also, any chance of combining this discount with the Citi offer?
pistonsdc is offline  
Old Feb 3, 08, 9:29 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: FAT, LHR
Posts: 6,650
Originally Posted by pistonsdc View Post
I joined the AC last year about this time and IIRC several of the smaller ACs were offering $50 discounts for joining or renewing at their club. Does anyone know which clubs are offering that discount now (if any)?

Also, any chance of combining this discount with the Citi offer?


time to renew, any offers yet? havent been able to find anything
chanp is offline  
Old Feb 13, 08, 2:38 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montreal (YUL)
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, 1 MM
Posts: 371
Any AC membership discounts out there anywhere?
Mormik is offline  
Old Feb 13, 08, 3:13 pm
  #49  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC, USA
Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Posts: 10,589
Originally Posted by Mormik View Post
Any AC membership discounts out there anywhere?
As previously reported, if you have a CitiBusiness AAdvantage card, you have access to a $50 discount off a new membership, or a $25 discount off a renewal membership. Contact Citi for the code (or look on the promotional material that came with your card).
ESpen36 is offline  
Old Feb 13, 08, 4:41 pm
  #50  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: west of DFW airport
Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Posts: 11,070
Remember to renew at an A/C that can use the renewal. It is all too easy to renew online or in a very busy club. Look around in your travels for a club that can use the renewal. Yes AA does keep track of such things.
oldpenny16 is offline  
Old Feb 13, 08, 5:34 pm
  #51  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC, USA
Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Posts: 10,589
Originally Posted by oldpenny16 View Post
Remember to renew at an A/C that can use the renewal. It is all too easy to renew online or in a very busy club. Look around in your travels for a club that can use the renewal. Yes AA does keep track of such things.

HNL! HNL! HNL!

(or any other club without much premium/OW traffic that could be on the chopping block)


Though I would hope that AA is making some serious money, even at the smaller clubs, thanks to the AMEX Plats who are crowding up the lounges.
ESpen36 is offline  
Old Feb 13, 08, 5:48 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,169
Looks like ORD is out of the question then. Orlando doesnt have an AC. How much discount does the Citi Business card offer? I am thinking about opening one since they also give a 25k miles bonus on spending $750 in the first 3-4 months (or something)
vrbaba is offline  
Old Feb 13, 08, 6:06 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SFO/OAK
Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Posts: 2,707
Can you combine the $50 citi discount with the EXP discount?
billgrates3 is offline  
Old Feb 13, 08, 7:12 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Posts: 7,104
Originally Posted by oldpenny16 View Post
Remember to renew at an A/C that can use the renewal. It is all too easy to renew online or in a very busy club. Look around in your travels for a club that can use the renewal. Yes AA does keep track of such things.
I've seen absolutely zero evidence that this makes any impact whatsoever. I took the online offer to get the two invaluable additional luggage tags.
aamilesslave is offline  
Old Feb 13, 08, 7:18 pm
  #55  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC, USA
Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Posts: 10,589
Originally Posted by billgrates3 View Post
Can you combine the $50 citi discount with the EXP discount?

Yes. I renewed this year for $225.
ESpen36 is offline  
Old Feb 13, 08, 7:19 pm
  #56  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SJC/VCE
Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Posts: 10,161
Originally Posted by aamilesslave View Post
I've seen absolutely zero evidence that this makes any impact whatsoever. I took the online offer to get the two invaluable additional luggage tags.
It does make a difference. Ask the AAngels at SJC who recently (Nov/Dec) learned that the club lease had been extended for another 5 years - # of new members at a club is a consideration, so too is the # of members who enter.

Last edited by bdemaria; Feb 13, 08 at 7:27 pm
bdemaria is offline  
Old Feb 13, 08, 7:20 pm
  #57  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC, USA
Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Posts: 10,589
Originally Posted by aamilesslave View Post
I've seen absolutely zero evidence that this makes any impact whatsoever. I took the online offer to get the two invaluable additional luggage tags.

Actually, it does make an impact. When I renewed at the HNL club, I got a very nice thank-you note in which the AAngels expressed their appreciation for my willingness to call all the way out to Hawaii to process my renewal.


I've also heard that they keep track of how many members "swipe" into the clubs each day as a way of knowing how popular the clubs are. I make a point of entering the clubs whenever possible, even upon arrival when I just need to use the restroom, so they can record my swipe.
ESpen36 is offline  
Old Feb 13, 08, 8:33 pm
  #58  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: west of DFW airport
Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Posts: 11,070
Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post
Actually, it does make an impact. When I renewed at the HNL club, I got a very nice thank-you note in which the AAngels expressed their appreciation for my willingness to call all the way out to Hawaii to process my renewal.


I've also heard that they keep track of how many members "swipe" into the clubs each day as a way of knowing how popular the clubs are. I make a point of entering the clubs whenever possible, even upon arrival when I just need to use the restroom, so they can record my swipe.
I'll keep HNL in my notes when renewal time comes. It is pointless for me to renew at a mega club what does a huge business.
oldpenny16 is offline  
Old Feb 13, 08, 9:04 pm
  #59  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Posts: 4,010
Originally Posted by billgrates3 View Post
Can you combine the $50 citi discount with the EXP discount?
It can be combined, but the $50 discount is for new members, and $25 for renewals.
videomaker is offline  
Old Feb 14, 08, 12:02 am
  #60  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: EXT, LHR & ORD
Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,565
Renewed a friend's at HNL in January and they are due to open a new AC there Oct/Nov (nearer the gates) and yes they are trying to get as many renewals there as possible.
Mine is due in March and the AC Angel said she would call me (even in the UK) for my renewal to keep the numbers going ... so HNL is a definite.
holmedown is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: