Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Old Nov 9, 2007, 2:56 pm

AA offered special discount with my company for AC membership earlier this year - which helped me save $50 from my elite level discount. Since my Amex Plat now covers AC usage, I will not renew next year though.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Is the Discount still valid?

The latest information I've seen on the web is:

Admirals Club® discounts are valid for CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card members only. Use promotion code CB1 for renewing members and CB2 for new members. Card members must use their CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card at the time of the purchase to receive Admirals Club® discount. American Airlines may terminate the discount upon 60 days' notice. Admirals Club® membership fees are non-refundable. Discount cannot be combined with any other offer. For a full listing of Admirals Club® program terms, conditions and locations, please visit www.aa.com/admiralsclub. The Admirals Club® discount is effective through December 31, 2007.

Does anyone know if the discount has been continued?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:25 pm

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Have you tried calling Citi or AA?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
What I'm learning here is that it is often important to know the answer BEFORE you call Citibank or AA.

Last edited by 236Dakota; Jan 21, 2008 at 8:44 am
Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
The discount has been $50 for new members and $25 for renewals, taken off the regular rate or discounted rate for elites.

The Citi website has also been changed with a new expiration date for the offer: "The Admirals Club® discount is effective through December 31, 2009."

And when I renewed last year, it still took a phone call to the AC, since the discount had to be entered manually and was not available online.

Last edited by videomaker; Jan 20, 2008 at 6:48 pm Reason: Adding info
Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:37 pm

Could you post a link to your information, every site I look at states 12/31/07 expiration.
Thank you
Old Jan 20, 2008, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Could you post a link to your information, every site I look at states 12/31/07 expiration.
Thank you
Sure, check here.

See item 8) in the fine print at the bottom.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were some parts of the website where the expiration date hasn't been changed yet.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
where do u put the discount code in?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:40 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by chanp
where do u put the discount code in?
As videomaker said, you need to call and speak to a human. Also remember, according to the rules, you also have to charge this to your CitiBusiness credit card, so if you don't have one, you probably won't be able to use the discount code.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:46 am

Programs: AA LTP 2.1MM; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by videomaker
Sure, check here.

See item 8) in the fine print at the bottom.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were some parts of the website where the expiration date hasn't been changed yet.
Thank you! I just renewed 2 days ago, and the agent had a sheet that said the discount expired in September. I did use my AA CitiBusiness card anyway (double miles, in case that hasn't been mentioned) so I'm going to call for a rebate.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:32 am

This

Originally Posted by Barton Cove
I just renewed 2 days ago, and the agent had a sheet that said the discount expired in September.
is another example of this.

What I'm learning here is that it is often important to know the answer BEFORE you call Citibank or AA.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:59 am

Programs: AA LTP 2.1MM; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Videomaker

This

I just renewed 2 days ago, and the agent had a sheet that said the discount expired in September.
is another example of this.

So true!

Just to follow up:
I called the Boston Admiral's Club, and they had to call AC Headquarters to get the authorization to issue the refund. HQ asked them to offer me one additional month instead of the refund, and when I declined in favor of cash, told me it would be at least 2 billing cycles to see the refund.

But at least the BOS AC has been educated, so I recommend you all renew there
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:14 am

So true!

Just to follow up:
I called the Boston Admiral's Club, and they had to call AC Headquarters to get the authorization to issue the refund. HQ asked them to offer me one additional month instead of the refund, and when I declined in favor of cash, told me it would be at least 2 billing cycles to see the refund.

Good for you.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP,HH Dia, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite,IC RA,Avis CHM
So true!

Just to follow up:

Thanks for doing all the leg work .... ^
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Buy an Airpass...AC is free and free drinks/food/headset in Y

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.