Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cstead
^^^ to AA on this one. What a nice gesture.
Have you been in the AC at LHR? Pay for it?
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Fortunately, it's possibly the worst international AC - fortunately, because many of us are working hard to avoid Thiefrow if at all possible for now. Perhaps Terminal 5 will finally provide a decent AA lounge.

Originally Posted by drbala
Have you been in the AC at LHR? Pay for it?
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Why not get an AmEx Platinum Card, pay $400 a year for it, get free use of the Admiral's Club when traveling on an AA ticket and rack up AmEx points for every purchase?

The AmEx cards also allows you to use DL, NW and CO clubs when flying on their metal.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
We have the Amex Platinum card and it comes in very handy for AC use. Just walk in, flash your shiny silver card and your in.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Why not get an AmEx Platinum Card, pay $400 a year for it, get free use of the Admiral's Club when traveling on an AA ticket and rack up AmEx points for every purchase?

The AmEx cards also allows you to use DL, NW and CO clubs when flying on their metal.
AC renewal is cheaper than $400/year, and a *wood AmEx lets you earn 1.25 AA miles per $ for all spending. So you'd spend more be trading AA miles for AmEx points. But you'd gain access to DL, NW, and CO.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 4:29 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Also, $50 off

When you sign up or renew with the CitiBusiness card, using the link on CitiBusiness page.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by rbAA
When you sign up or renew with the CitiBusiness card, using the link on CitiBusiness page.
Actually, the CitiBusiness discount is $50 for a new AC membership and $25 for renewals. But that, on top of the AA discount if you're Gold, Plat, or EXP, makes it pretty reasonable.

You can also get the discount by phone, just give them the code.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 2:50 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by axostech
For those wanting to enjoy the Platinum Challenge Mileage runs:

"..if you become Platinum within 30 days of joining the Admirals Club, we will refund the difference back to you your original form of payment."
-American Airlines
axostech, could you please direct me to the source of this quote? I should hit PLT next month but am thinking about signing up for the AC before then to use on my upcoming trips.

Originally Posted by rbAA
rbAA, ditto, please - I just got an AA CitiBusiness credit card but couldn't find the link you cite on the CitiBusiness webpage or after logging into my account.

TrAAvelPerks came with a daypass & $50 discount this year, but alas, no more.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JDiver
Fortunately, it's possibly the worst international AC - fortunately, because many of us are working hard to avoid Thiefrow if at all possible for now. Perhaps Terminal 5 will finally provide a decent AA lounge.
Unlikely, seeing as AA is staying in Terminal 3.

That said, there will be a new BA/QF lounge in Terminal 3 for both airlines' flights to Australia (and the Asian connection cities) to which AA elites should have access. Also, of course, there is the Cathay lounge.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat (Lifetime Gold), Hilton Honors Plata, Avis PFD
Am I the only one?

Seeing this thread title, I was sure it was going to be CharlesMD.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by dstan
I just got an AA CitiBusiness credit card but couldn't find the link you cite on the CitiBusiness webpage or after logging into my account.
Found this one at least - it's in the Award Program Information links of the CitiCard marketing pages (both MasterCard and Visa):

Admirals Club® discounts
Admirals Club® discounts are valid for CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card members only. Use promotion code CB1 for renewing members and CB2 for new members. Card members must use their CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card at the time of the purchase to receive Admirals Club® discount. American Airlines may terminate the discount upon 60 days' notice. Admirals Club® membership fees are non-refundable. Discount cannot be combined with any other offer. For a full listing of Admirals Club® program terms, conditions and locations, please visit www.aa.com/admiralsclub. The Admirals Club® discount is effective through December 31, 2007.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 7:04 am

The thread has been retitled for future users and search compatibility, and linked to the Unofficial Users' Guide. Feel free to add any other ways you have found to receive a discount on Admirals Club membership.

Old Nov 9, 2007, 7:06 am

AA also has a policy of crediting a fifty dollar day pass to new membership purchase within thirty days - basically, the day pass becomes a free trial visit.

Originally Posted by WingNaPrayer
50 Bucks is nice! How often do you get to use the clubs?
Old Nov 9, 2007, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I got 100$ discount and signed up 2 people while the Nashville promotion.

250$ each and this year it was worth it ! ^

Usually these discounts show up several times a year in different locations that have had a renovation, new clubs etc.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by dstan
axostech, could you please direct me to the source of this quote? I should hit PLT next month but am thinking about signing up for the AC before then to use on my upcoming trips.
OK, this one is confirmed, too! I emailed AC customer service with my details to inquire and received the reply below. My PLT qualifying flight will not be til 12/16, so a grace period of >30 days is possible. ^

Dear dstan,

Congratulations, it looks like you will reach Platinum status next month! If you would like to join now to get the Platinum rate of 350.00 you may call 1800-237-7971 option 6 or send me your credit card information and I would be happy to set that up for you, just know that this is not a secure site. Thank you for your interest the Admirals Club and hope to hear from you.

Best Regards,

<name redacted>
American Airlines
Premium Services/Admirals Club
www.aa.com/admiralsclub

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.