Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Old Feb 11, 11, 3:21 pm
  #241  
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 10,106
Originally Posted by Majuki View Post
When I checked into an AC recently, I was offered the chance to renew for $275 instead of $300. It doesn't hurt to ask. (I didn't receive any promotional $25 off e-mail code either.)
Yup - as my renewal month approaches, many clubs will ask me if I want to renew when I check in and most will also mention that they can give me a $25 discount. The AAngels are usually aware of the codes that are currently out there, so they'll apply them for most of the time even if you're not "targeted" specifically for the promo.
JY1024 is offline  
Old Feb 11, 11, 6:08 pm
  #242  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: FAT, LHR
Posts: 6,642
Originally Posted by JY1024 View Post
Just got this email from the Admirals Club:



If this is like any of the past "$25 off renewal" codes, any AAngel in the ACs should also be able to apply this discount for you in person. (And probably even if you called into the main AC number.)
I bet next months code is M25
chanp is offline  
Old Feb 12, 11, 4:00 pm
  #243  
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Posts: 10,750
Originally Posted by JY1024 View Post
If this is like any of the past "$25 off renewal" codes, any AAngel in the ACs should also be able to apply this discount for you in person. (And probably even if you called into the main AC number.)
And by not renewing online, you also have the benefit of not automatically being opted-in for automatic annual renewal!
dstan is offline  
Old Feb 12, 11, 7:30 pm
  #244  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Posts: 41,108
Originally Posted by dstan View Post
And by not renewing online, you also have the benefit of not automatically being opted-in for automatic annual renewal!
thanks for bringing that up again, I got the email today to renew online and of course the accompanying $25 discount. I was at IAD the other day and they asked me about renewing and the $25 discount, I told them that I'd renew with them about a week before it expired; I prefer to give them the business anyway but its nice not to have that auto renew thing as well
TrojanHorse is offline  
Old Mar 12, 11, 5:04 pm
  #245  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: FAT, LHR
Posts: 6,642
Anyone get anything better than $25 off this month?
chanp is offline  
Old Mar 29, 11, 9:50 pm
  #246  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DFW, ORD, IND
Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
Posts: 249
Just used code ACQ11 to purchase new membership and I don't have status with AA, yet.
frubio2012 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 11, 10:14 pm
  #247  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 413
Originally Posted by frubio2012 View Post
Just used code ACQ11 to purchase new membership and I don't have status with AA, yet.
This code is $50 off for Plat.

--wes
wesmanz is offline  
Old Mar 29, 11, 11:39 pm
  #248  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DFW, ORD, IND
Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
Posts: 249
Originally Posted by wesmanz View Post
This code is $50 off for Plat.

--wes
Failed to mention that I got $100 off. Paid $400 for it.
frubio2012 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 11, 6:14 am
  #249  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ORD
Programs: AA PLT, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Posts: 1,072
Originally Posted by chanp View Post
Anyone get anything better than $25 off this month?
Yes, I renewed at the ORD club and the agent hunted around in the computer and came up with a $50.00 "customer service" discount. ^
wolf539 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 11, 7:04 am
  #250  
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 10,106
I renewed yesterday over the phone with the main AC number, and they could only find a $25 discount for me. Still better than nothing.
JY1024 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 11, 5:45 pm
  #251  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SFO/RDU
Programs: United Hotcake Preferred
Posts: 531
I just used the ACQ11 code for $50 off as plat. I bought a day pass when I was stuck in SFO for 5 hours last week, which made the fees seem cheaper even though it's all the same money.

I was sold on the AC after my experience there last week. I was traveling with my gf who doesn't fly often, and when I checked her in, I accidentally hit the button that said she was ineligible for the exit row. The ticket agent couldn't seem to fix it. Neither could the plat line. But an AAngel fixed it like it was nothing. I thought, "holy crap! everything I read on FT about them having magical powers was true!"
Alpha is offline  
Old Apr 15, 11, 7:57 pm
  #252  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,915
Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
I just used the ACQ11 code for $50 off as plat. I bought a day pass when I was stuck in SFO for 5 hours last week, which made the fees seem cheaper even though it's all the same money.

I was sold on the AC after my experience there last week. I was traveling with my gf who doesn't fly often, and when I checked her in, I accidentally hit the button that said she was ineligible for the exit row. The ticket agent couldn't seem to fix it. Neither could the plat line. But an AAngel fixed it like it was nothing. I thought, "holy crap! everything I read on FT about them having magical powers was true!"
Don't get too excited...it's very hit and miss!
lobo411 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 11, 8:11 pm
  #253  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,802
I was fortunate enough to get a $50 discount.

As to those who wish the $25 and renew online, if you have a CitiBank card, you can download the Virtual Account Number app - basically, it's like having a one-time pad cum credit card, giving you a number, CSC / CCV number and a next-month expiry that in combination can only be used ONCE. It works quite easily, allows them to use the number to renew your membership and gets an e-mail sent the following year when the numbers no longer work.

Companies can play hardball, but consumers sometimes can also.

Read more: http://www.creditcards.com/credit-ca...#ixzz1JeF4kiGs
Compare credit cards here - CreditCards.com
JDiver is offline  
Old Apr 18, 11, 9:38 am
  #254  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SFO/RDU
Programs: United Hotcake Preferred
Posts: 531
FYI according to the phone people at the AC line, the ACQ11 code is mutually exclusive with a credit-back from a day pass- probably due to the nature of the promo. I will try again at the SFO AC at the end of this month and report back but I doubt it will work.
Alpha is offline  
Old Apr 18, 11, 12:13 pm
  #255  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,915
Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
FYI according to the phone people at the AC line, the ACQ11 code is mutually exclusive with a credit-back from a day pass- probably due to the nature of the promo. I will try again at the SFO AC at the end of this month and report back but I doubt it will work.
Don't fall for that baloney. I was told by the AC personnel that I could not sign up for a first time AC membership using a combination of my $50 daypass credit and the $50 discount code. I tried multiple locations (I was on a mileage run) and got the same story every time. I even posted on FT and was told it wouldn't work.

I was at RDU, literally about to board a flight when I decided to give them a call. What the heck, I figured. Well, not only did the girl give me the $50 daypass credit + the $50 discount code, but she also gave me a Platinum discount (I was a Gold when I purchased it, but my booked travel showed that I'd make Platinum after all the bonuses posted).

Of course, that was in December. Maybe there's more pressure on the agents to "close the deal" at the end of the year or something! Whatever...I got three discounts!
lobo411 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: