Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by ethang801
does anyone know if i can add a spouse to my AC membership at my reduced rate? i already renewed but would like to add someone.
Yes, you should be able to add a spouse, price depends on your status

--wes
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:45 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4mil miles, Hilton Gold
How long after a membership has lapsed can one buy a new membership at the renewal price?
I used to travel a lot more domestic and had a membership to the AC for a few years back then. That was several years ago. If I want to become a member again, do a get the renewal rate or do I have to pay the New Member rate?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pedropescador
How long after a membership has lapsed can one buy a new membership at the renewal price?
I used to travel a lot more domestic and had a membership to the AC for a few years back then. That was several years ago. If I want to become a member again, do a get the renewal rate or do I have to pay the New Member rate?
Will be at the new member rate.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
I think I am losing my marbles. I thought I got an email about a $50 discount if you renew at the Admirals Club in Denver before the end of Feb. Anyone else see this and can confirm?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Nevermind, it was $75 for new members.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I just got an email from them today, use J25 for $25 off renewal rates, if done before mine expires next month.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Originally Posted by holmedown
Will be at the new member rate.
I've been able to use the renewal rate after expiration, but only within 30 days of that expiration.
AA got very exact in the last year or two, and now the expiration is on a given date (ie: April 12, 2011), instead of at the end of a month.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Plat, Marriott PP
This is just info from another thread, but ACQ11 will get you $100 off a new, full priced membership, ($400 instead of $500.00). Don't know for sure what it does for existing members or new members with status on AA.

I read through this thread last night looking for a currently valid code; so I figured I would add it here in case someone else comes along doing the same thing.

Here's the thread where I found the code:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...+club+discount

Last edited by bobtray; Feb 3, 2011 at 9:25 am
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by bobtray
This is just info from another thread, but ACQ11 will get you $100 a new, full priced membership, ($400 instead of $500.00). Don't know for sure what it does for existing members or new members with status on AA.

I read through this thread last night looking for a currently valid code; so I figured I would add it here in case someone else comes along doing the same thing.

The code took off $50 off my renewal.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:07 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Just tried ACQ11 for my renewal. The code is accepted, but no discount appears. Also tried J25, and I get a message that the code is not valid.

Although I didn't try ACQ11 until today (my membership expired three days ago), I tried pricing J25 last month and it did give a $25 discount. FYI.

Last edited by ExpatExp; Feb 3, 2011 at 1:14 am
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This is just info from another thread, but ACQ11 will get you $100 off a new, full priced membership, ($400 instead of $500.00). Don't know for sure what it does for existing members or new members with status on AA.
It takes $100 off mine, I'm an Advantage Gold and my membership lapsed in 2009.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO

Nice. I wish I had that a month ago. Oh well.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Just tried ACQ11 for my renewal. The code is accepted, but no discount appears. Also tried J25, and I get a message that the code is not valid.

Although I didn't try ACQ11 until today (my membership expired three days ago), I tried pricing J25 last month and it did give a $25 discount. FYI.
The J25 I posted was supposed to be used by Jan end.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:22 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Just got this email from the Admirals Club:

Dear JY1024,

Your Admirals Club® membership expires soon. In order to continue enjoying the many privileges of the lounge, you must renew your membership by 03/31/2011. As a special limited time offer, if you renew online by 02/28/2011, and pay by credit card, we'll take $25 off your discounted annual fee for a total $75* savings. Enter F25 in Promotion Code box when you purchase your membership online.

*Total $75 savings includes your $50 renewal rate savings and $25 limited time offer discount. Memberships renewed using AAdvantage® miles are not eligible for $25 discount.

Promotional Terms and Conditions:
To qualify for the $25 off renewal rate, renewal transaction must be completed online at www.aa.com/admiralsclub by 02/28/2011, and pay by credit card/debit card using discount code F25. This offer is valid for recipient of this email only. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
If this is like any of the past "$25 off renewal" codes, any AAngel in the ACs should also be able to apply this discount for you in person. (And probably even if you called into the main AC number.)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by JY1024
If this is like any of the past "$25 off renewal" codes, any AAngel in the ACs should also be able to apply this discount for you in person. (And probably even if you called into the main AC number.)
When I checked into an AC recently, I was offered the chance to renew for $275 instead of $300. It doesn't hurt to ask. (I didn't receive any promotional $25 off e-mail code either.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.