Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2010, 4:16 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
The above posts have been relocated from the "Free AC Drinks" thread to this more appropriate thread. Thanks for posting, 8lincoln30, and welcome to FlyerTalk!

/Moderator
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:29 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
i signed up for this just a few days ago based on denCSA's post. I plan on signing up for the membership and filling for the rebate. I hope its not a mess or like a year's wait to get the check lol
The PremierTravel offer is legit. I faxed my receipts on SEP 13. I got my check on OCT 4. Thanks denCSA.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Got $25 off for using Citibank card. Total cost was $275.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by dstan
This NYE offer is now posted online - new membership MUST be purchased online:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/moreNYC....AM1009&pp=STR5
Actually, I joined last week in the airport and mentioned the NYE code. I had my laptop and told them I'd be fine with just doing it online on the spot. After a few minutes of searching, they gave me 20% off in person. I'm not entirely sure if they used that code or worked some other magic, but I still got the same discount.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by gatelouse
Got the same e-mail; note that the 20% off promo is for new/lapsed memberships only. There's also a sweepstakes for a life membership that anyone, including current members, can enter.

I wonder if we should have put this on a new thread--while related tangentially to this big thread, I doubt that people would find the discount otherwise.

Nah, I'll wait for some other newbie to start the thread and get pounced.

(Edit: thanks for rescuing our posts from the AC "free drinks" thread!)
So does this mean one should let a membership lapse in order to get the discount? Also, if one let renews a lapsed membership, does it changes the anniversary date to the renewal date?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:57 am

I was on the fence about re-upping my membership this year as I have an AMEX plat. Membership was due to expire end of the month.

Several AC agents across the system noticed this over the past several weeks and asked if I wanted to renew. Said I was thinking about it but not now.

Then on a recent trip the AC agent said she could offer me an additional $50 off my EXP discount - taking it down to $250.. took her up on the offer.

So might pay to decline several times. Unclear if they note it and then later offer you a better offer or if you can get the $50 off right away.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
The PremierTravel offer is legit. I faxed my receipts on SEP 13. I got my check on OCT 4. Thanks denCSA.
I joined the site on Sept 21st, and got my Membership on Sept 26th. Mailed them the receipt with the form CERTIFIED MAIL on Sept 27th. So lets see how long mine takes. For some odd reason i dont see a charge on my credit card for the membership yet.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
My membership expired in '07 and I looked into signing up again.
The nice CSR said I was at a $350 level and "found" a discount and I was able to sign up for $280.

I'll take that.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS & US GLD, Hyatt & Hilton DIA, Marriott PLT, *Wood & Priority GLD, Hertz Prez, Natl EmExec
Hi, back on here after a long absence (racking up a million miles on USAir while living in AZ)

Can anyone post a list of the Clubs and any clubs with exchange rights?

Thanks!
Aflier
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:56 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by Aflier
Hi, back on here after a long absence (racking up a million miles on USAir while living in AZ)

Can anyone post a list of the Clubs and any clubs with exchange rights?

Thanks!
Aflier
All the info you seek is at http://www.aa.com/admiralsclub (see also our FAQ entries - N.B. there is curently a little software glitch, so if you click on an entry that takes you ABOVE the first post on a given page, the relevant entry is probably actually at the bottom of the preceding page).
Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
I joined the site on Sept 21st, and got my Membership on Sept 26th. Mailed them the receipt with the form CERTIFIED MAIL on Sept 27th. So lets see how long mine takes. For some odd reason i dont see a charge on my credit card for the membership yet.
You don't even need to mail it in. Just scan your receipt and fax. They take about a month before they charge you the first month's fee. You profile will list the next bill date.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Free Coupon As well

Originally Posted by 8lincoln30
I just got an e-mail from AA stating that if you sign up for the AC and use the promo code "LIFE" you get 20 percent off, busting it down to $320 in my case as I lapsed a couple of years ago. I didn't want to pay $50 extra for being a "new" member so I never rejoined, but the combination of free booze, the 20 percent offer and the fact that I will have a few hours to kill at ORD today was enough to make a sale. I can confirm that the code works.

I'll post my observations from the "opium den" in H later ...
I got the "LIFE" 20% offer, but the thing I really wanted to bring up here was that at the bottom of my offer was a coupon good for 1 free AC visit. So even if you aren't planning on joining with the 20% off, it's still worth opening the offer so you can get the coupon.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM+, Lifetime PLT, Admirals Club
$25 Off EXP Admirals Club Renewal - Through December 31, 2010

Your Admirals Club membership expires soon. In order to continue enjoying the many privileges of the lounge, you must renew your membership by December 31, 2010. As a special limited time offer, if you renew online by November 30, 2010, and pay by credit card, we'll take $25 off your discounted annual fee for a total $75(1) savings. Enter N25 in Promotion Code box when you purchase your membership online.

Offer EXPIRES NOVEMBER 30, 2010.

(1) Total $75 savings includes your $50 renewal rate savings and $25 limited time offer discount. Memberships renewed using AAdvantage® miles are not eligible for $25 discount.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by wildaboutmovies
Your Admirals Club membership expires soon. In order to continue enjoying the many privileges of the lounge, you must renew your membership by December 31, 2010. As a special limited time offer, if you renew online by November 30, 2010, and pay by credit card, we'll take $25 off your discounted annual fee for a total $75(1) savings. Enter N25 in Promotion Code box when you purchase your membership online.

Offer EXPIRES NOVEMBER 30, 2010.

(1) Total $75 savings includes your $50 renewal rate savings and $25 limited time offer discount. Memberships renewed using AAdvantage® miles are not eligible for $25 discount.
Is this targeted?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
nope. works for me. fwiw, it's case-sensitive. make sure you capitalize the 'N'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.