Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MAD / Madrid Barajas Int'l. Airport Iberia / oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Link to MAD information on aa.com
Link to MAD airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool
Link to FlyerTalk Iberia forum thread on Iberia Lounges at MAD.
N.B. aa.com has no links to or information about these lounges.

Madrid-Barajas Terminal’s 4 and 4-S

Terminal 4S (satellite) - Velázquez Lounge

Location: Level 1, beyond shops and restaurants (Zone "RSU").

Note: Accessible under standard oneworld lounge rules <link>. No Admirals Club reciprocity.

Hours: Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen longhaul flights.

Amenities:
  • Courtesy WiFi (tricky access)
  • Childrens play area
  • Showers
  • Soft and alcoholic drinks
  • Wine tasting area (Rincón del Vino)
  • Extended food offerings, including mealtime light buffet
  • Courtesy restaurant for late evening departing Iberia premium customers

Terminal 4 (main) Dalí lounge

Note: Accessible under standard oneworld lounge rules <link>. No Admirals Club reciprocity.

Hours: Open 0600 - midnight (May 2015).

[B]Amenities:
  • Courtesy WiFi (tricky access)
  • Showers
  • Soft and alcoholic drinks
  • Self serve snacks

Lounge hopping:
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.

Previous posts, some detailing obsolete information, have been archived to: ARCHIVE: MAD / Madrid Barajas oneworld and Iberia Lounges (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

MAD / Madrid Barajas Int'l. Airport Iberia / oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2023, 9:57 am

Hello all. Just wanted to double check:

flying into MAD on Cathay Pacific business arriving at 4S.

4 hours later, flying to Tenerife (on a separate ticket) on Iberia Express in economy (from T4).

would I be able to access the “Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí” located in T4 departures?

many thanks in advance
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by twonga
flying into MAD on Cathay Pacific business arriving at 4S.

4 hours later, flying to Tenerife (on a separate ticket) on Iberia Express in economy (from T4).

would I be able to access the “Iberia Premium Lounge Dalí” located in T4 departures?
Yes. You will go through immigration upon arrival, then proceed to the departure area in T4 for Schengen flights. Your CX flight should entitle you to access even if on a separate ticket but save your boarding pass.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by brenc3
Yes. You will go through immigration upon arrival, then proceed to the departure area in T4 for Schengen flights. Your CX flight should entitle you to access even if on a separate ticket but save your boarding pass.
thanks for the response. Much appreciated
Old Mar 10, 2023, 7:43 am

Lounge at MAD

All - I am in J tomorrow traveling MAD-JFK and wondering if I will have lounge access at MAD?
Old Mar 10, 2023, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Yes, the IB business class lounge (Sala Dalí). The OneWorld website has a fairly comprehensive list of lounges available at all major airports based on status or class of service.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 8:01 am

Thanks very much!
Old Mar 10, 2023, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pilotct
All - I am in J tomorrow traveling MAD-JFK and wondering if I will have lounge access at MAD?
Originally Posted by brenc3
Yes, the IB business class lounge (Sala Dalí). The OneWorld website has a fairly comprehensive list of lounges available at all major airports based on status or class of service.
Actually it will be the Sala Velasquez. AA flights should leave from Terminal 4 Satellite.

The name is irrelevant though. You cannot avoid going through the duty-free shop and you should see the lounge entrance on your left about half-way through the duty free shop. It should be fairly recognisable as Iberia / Oneworld / etc,
Old Mar 10, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Sala Velasquez is a pretty good lounge. There are a few videos up on Youtube if you want to see what it looks like.

All self-serve drinks and food. The main bar is at the very end of the long lounge, just turn right and keep walking.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Its not a bad lounge, my only criticism is that after 20.00 they remove the spirits trolley from the bars and you are left with only wine/beer. Thankfully I was long haul J and had access to the dining room and there was a few bottles of gin in there, and only 7 customers in 3 hours. I genuinely do not think people know this area opens at 19.30.
Wembleygal likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:57 am

Programs: AA PPro
The Iberia business lounges are some of my favorites. They have a real barrista in the morings for great coffee and have a self service wine dispensor for 1/4, 1/2 or full glasses on great spanish wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.