Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com: The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify...

aa.com: The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify...

Old Jun 3, 18, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you tried pricing up A-C with a flight by flight selection using ITA and then making use of bookbymatrix to get it ticketed?
Old Jun 3, 18, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
Have you tried pricing up A-C with a flight by flight selection using ITA and then making use of bookbymatrix to get it ticketed?
Ha, just trying it as I write this. And indeed, it does the trick, right flights, right price.

But you got to book via Flight Network or Kiwi. I always book through the airline directly so this would be a new experience for me. Do you have any experience with Flight Network or Kiwi? Will they give you a booking code so that you can then go back to AA and book seats etc?
Old Jun 3, 18, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyercity View Post
Ha, just trying it as I write this. And indeed, it does the trick, right flights, right price.

But you got to book via Flight Network or Kiwi. I always book through the airline directly so this would be a new experience for me. Do you have any experience with Flight Network or Kiwi? Will they give you a booking code so that you can then go back to AA and book seats etc?
I booked a WY flight with flightnetwork last week - completely painless; received email confirmation with both its reference and the airline reference
Old Jul 12, 18, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Issues with online booking: "No Longer Available" (phantom availability)

Trying to book MSY-NCE RT 5/24/2019-6/8/2019 (within the window of availabilty). The web site lets me select flights, and prices them. But when I get to the payment screen, it says "One of your flights is no longer available". I've tried several different flights and dates in both directions; the result is the same. These are code-share flights with BA. Is there some trick I'm missing?
Old Jul 12, 18, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA PPro. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
The trick you're missing is probably the one being played by the carrier.

It's not uncommon in all types of travel to be able to get prices for products they're not actually selling. There are a few cases where I think it's a deliberate bait-and-switch but most of the time I think it's a system glitch.

In theory you can occasionally be viewing a product/fare that's available but while you're deliberating on it, someone else books it out from under you. And that's probably what customer service will tell you is happening, but of course it's nonsense when it happens over and over. You just have to accept that the fare doesn't really exist. Sorry.
Old Jul 12, 18, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It happens all the time, both with paid tickets and awards. Search for 'phantom.'
Old Jul 12, 18, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
I had a similar issue with booking a codeshare where the operating carrier was BA. I believe the issue was to do with a 5 minute difference in the departing flight times between the BA operated flight and the AA code share. Now, that said, when I rang AA to see if they could book it for me they couldn't get the same price that their site and Matrix were showing so that does give credence to the phantom availability argument. In the end I ended up booking a different combination of flights that avoided using a codeshare but I had to switch the POS to UK instead of US.
Old Jul 12, 18, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jg70124 View Post
Trying to book MSY-NCE RT 5/24/2019-6/8/2019 (within the window of availabilty). The web site lets me select flights, and prices them. But when I get to the payment screen, it says "One of your flights is no longer available". I've tried several different flights and dates in both directions; the result is the same. These are code-share flights with BA. Is there some trick I'm missing?
Are you searching for MSY-NCE or seatching as 2 (or more) segments MSY-xxx/xxx-NCE ?

If the latter, it could just be a married sector availability issue - A-B may be available in a particular booking class and B-C may be available in the same booking class , but not as A-C via B

The individual searches wll be ok, but when it goes to price it, it will check for through availability and then say that the flights are no longer available
Old Jul 12, 18, 9:30 pm

Searching for 2 biz class MSY-NCE seats, one PNR each.

The AA web site, the AA iOS app and the BA iOS app return fares of around $4000, but you can not book it, and no alternatives are presented.
The (new) BA web site, however, presents fares of $18,000 per seat. So it appears there is indeed a glitch.

I called the AA help desk, but the hold time was 45 minutes. I'll try booking again in a day or two.

Thanks all

Last edited by jg70124; Jul 13, 18 at 6:40 am
Old Jul 19, 18, 10:40 am

Well, the American web site let me book on July 19, a week exactly after the stated availability period. Interestingly, the price was $500 more per person than on the BA site (not including seat selection fees).
Old Nov 13, 18, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
Are you searching for MSY-NCE or seatching as 2 (or more) segments MSY-xxx/xxx-NCE ?

If the latter, it could just be a married sector availability issue - A-B may be available in a particular booking class and B-C may be available in the same booking class , but not as A-C via B

The individual searches wll be ok, but when it goes to price it, it will check for through availability and then say that the flights are no longer available
Is there a way to fix this and have a CSR book these two flights together or "marry" them together?
Old Nov 13, 18, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314 View Post
Is there a way to fix this and have a CSR book these two flights together or "marry" them together?
No. You can only book based on availabilty for the journey being booked
If going to book A-C via B, you can only book based on availabiltiy of A-C via B
Old Jan 17, 19, 7:41 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Trying to book CLT-MAD-DBV with return DBV-MAD-CLT
Shows up on aa.com and on ITA Matrix
aa.com website will not book with the notorious "fare no longer available". I tried forcing it to aa using bookwithmatrix and still no success
First call to aa and no one can explain
HUAC and I am told that Iberia (DBV to MAD flight on return is a codeshare) will not confirm and that is the only problem.

Any tips?