Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Help! LOST / FOUND on AA flight / Admirals Club / gates (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Help! LOST / FOUND on AA flight / Admirals Club / the AA gates
Q: I left an item on my flight or at the airport. How do I contact Lost and Found?

Immediate gate area, on arriving aircraft or Admirals Club

AA Lost and Found is usually the place to contact. Unfortunately, AA Lost and Found are dysfunctional and don't answer their phones published to the public because "there are too many calls". Not at all what AA says, but here's the process:

If it's AA, "File a lost and found report if you lost an item on the plane, at a gate or in the Admirals Club. Once you file a report, you’ll get email or text updates on the status of your item. Lost items are kept for 30 days."

"File a lost and found report" (link)

If you fill out the form and hear nothing, try contacting AA for the desired airport. DFW: [email protected]; substitute the airport code for your airport. If you receive no response within three working days, your status or non-status service line, or try using the Twitter team @AmericanAir. See more here.

Public areas of the terminal: Contact the airport lost and found.

Each airport has its own method for processing lost and found requests. If you left an item at the airport please contact the Lost and Found office of the airport from or to which you were traveling. For your convenience, airport hours of operation are accessible from our Airport Information and Ticket Counter Hours page.

DFW Lost and Found for American Airlines: [email protected]American Airlines & American Eagle: +1.972.425.2465
Terminal D, Non-American Flights: +1.972.973.5050

Older archived thread can be found here: [ARCHIVED] Help! LOST / FOUND on AA flight / Admirals Club / gates... what now?

Updated Feb 2017 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Help! LOST / FOUND on AA flight / Admirals Club / gates (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Someone on the UA forum posted that their lost ipad was returned 2 years later. It fell into the seat somehow (this was a lie-flat) and was found when they were servicing the seat.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:52 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Several years back my wife left an iPad in the seatpocket on a flight to LHR. After some calls direct to AA LHR baggage office, they confirmed they had it (someone turned it in). The harder part was coordinating with the AA staff there and FedEx to pick it up. I had to mail the baggage office a prepaid FedEx box to put the iPad in. Once the contact there confirmed they received the shipping box, they packed it up with the label I provided and told me to have FedEx pick it up. It took multiple attempts by FedEx because when they would go, nobody would answer the door or phone number. After about $100 in various shipping costs, the iPad made it back home.
Old May 30, 2023, 12:54 am

Programs: American airlines
Any number for AA lounge L&F?

Left my Apple Watch at CLT AA club on 5/28 and filed the lost and found form, but it doesn’t seem super encouraging… I left it plugged into a USB port on a table in the back of the C lounge.

Is there a direct number to reach the lounge? Usually I’m there every other week but won’t be for a bit. I have tracked that my watch is still there, but the battery will die soon.

alternatively, if anyone will be by the Clt AA club and wants to ask them if they’ve seen a missing Apple Watch with a black fabric band that is set on lost mode with my phone number popping up to contact if you find it, I’d really appreciate it!
Old May 30, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by bethyy
Left my Apple Watch at CLT AA club on 5/28 and filed the lost and found form, but it doesn’t seem super encouraging… I left it plugged into a USB port on a table in the back of the C lounge.

Is there a direct number to reach the lounge? Usually I’m there every other week but won’t be for a bit. I have tracked that my watch is still there, but the battery will die soon.

alternatively, if anyone will be by the Clt AA club and wants to ask them if they’ve seen a missing Apple Watch with a black fabric band that is set on lost mode with my phone number popping up to contact if you find it, I’d really appreciate it!
I don't know of any way to call an individual club anymore, but the last time I left something significant in a CLT club I called Admirals Club Administration (800-237-7971) and they called the agents in CLT for me while I was on on hold. Both the Admin agent and the agent in CLT were extremely helpful, happy to help, and I got the item back the next time I connected in CLT (which is what I requested). Hopefully this works out as well for you!
js1993 likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
I don't know of any way to call an individual club anymore, but the last time I left something significant in a CLT club I called Admirals Club Administration (800-237-7971) and they called the agents in CLT for me while I was on on hold. Both the Admin agent and the agent in CLT were extremely helpful, happy to help, and I got the item back the next time I connected in CLT (which is what I requested). Hopefully this works out as well for you!
thank you for the number! This does seem to be the best option.
I’ve spent almost 10 hours on hold though over the last couple days. 2.5 hours then gave up the first day, 4 hours yesterday, now currently on hold going into 2+ hours tonight. I just leave the call on mute/speakerphone and do other things, but this has been a long time. Considering the option I selected was also for people trying to sign up or renew their club membership, it’s weird that they’d have someone wait on hold so long.
Old May 31, 2023, 6:55 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
I’ve spent almost 10 hours on hold though over the last couple days. 2.5 hours then gave up the first day, 4 hours yesterday, now currently on hold going into 2+ hours tonight. I just leave the call on mute/speakerphone and do other things, but this has been a long time. Considering the option I selected was also for people trying to sign up or renew their club membership, it’s weird that they’d have someone wait on hold so long.
Did you try calling the airport?
Old Jun 1, 2023, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Oh wow, it's been a while since I've called the number but I've never been put in a hold queue when I've called it, let alone for multiple hours. Sorry that's been such a hassle. 😞 I assume you tried the other prompt options as well, and they've all been similar? They have an inquiry submission form on aa.com as well but I can't imagine that would work as well as waiting for an agent in this case.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
Oh wow, it's been a while since I've called the number but I've never been put in a hold queue when I've called it, let alone for multiple hours. Sorry that's been such a hassle. 😞 I assume you tried the other prompt options as well, and they've all been similar? They have an inquiry submission form on aa.com as well but I can't imagine that would work as well as waiting for an agent in this case.
yep the only options were either to click 1 for anything related to AAdvantage clubs/membership or click 2 for flight related stuff. I tried both just in case but clicking 2 just redirected to the regular reservation line. Super frustrating tbh! I have my membership through my credit card, but if I had to wait on hold for that long to cancel my membership or ask any questions…geeze I’d be pissed!

Anyway, I did eventually reach someone who called the CLT lounge and they were able to confirm that they had found my watch, but had turned it over to “American lost and found”. I asked to confirm if that was the same as the regular airport lost and found and they said it was different and that I had to wait for my lost and found request form to go through and told me not to contact the airport directly and to just wait.

Going on 2 weeks now of contacting (or attempting to): American, AA club number, my AA exec world elite card number, CLT lounge directly, and the CLT lost and found at the airport.

All have said to wait for the online process.
The online process is through a company called chargerback. They do not have a contact number. They did actually confirm via email that they found my watch and that I should wait to hear from AA.
I heard from AA days later via an automated email saying sorry we were unable to find it.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 11:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
yep the only options were either to click 1 for anything related to AAdvantage clubs/membership or click 2 for flight related stuff. I tried both just in case but clicking 2 just redirected to the regular reservation line. Super frustrating tbh! I have my membership through my credit card, but if I had to wait on hold for that long to cancel my membership or ask any questions…geeze I’d be pissed!

Anyway, I did eventually reach someone who called the CLT lounge and they were able to confirm that they had found my watch, but had turned it over to “American lost and found”. I asked to confirm if that was the same as the regular airport lost and found and they said it was different and that I had to wait for my lost and found request form to go through and told me not to contact the airport directly and to just wait.

Going on 2 weeks now of contacting (or attempting to): American, AA club number, my AA exec world elite card number, CLT lounge directly, and the CLT lost and found at the airport.

All have said to wait for the online process.
The online process is through a company called chargerback. They do not have a contact number. They did actually confirm via email that they found my watch and that I should wait to hear from AA.
I heard from AA days later via an automated email saying sorry we were unable to find it.
Maybe try the CLT AA Baggage Service Office. (Maybe someone on here has the direct number.) I know the DCA AA lost and found is located in the BSO and I have recovered a lost item there.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
iPad on N113AN...community search?

Folks, I managed to perfect drop my ipad behind my headrest while reclined in 10A on the 321T from SNA to JFK. The Plane's Tail Number: N113AN. If anyone happens to be onboard this plane and in/near 10A, do me favor and duck your head into the open space. Lesson learned: this is the perfect open space where items lefton the ledge under your head lamp can permanently live. And, yes, tried every single possible thing from the Lounge staff to the gate agents, to Lost and Found and both airports. The chorus response was "somethings just disappear into the belly of the plane".... Here's the upcoming schedule for this plane: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n113an Hoping to avoid waiting years for this call: Reunited with my iPad after two years.

Last edited by Microwave; Nov 21, 2023 at 4:51 am Reason: Corrected formatting
Old Nov 17, 2023, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Can't Find My help narrow down it's location?
Old Nov 17, 2023, 7:05 pm

Good thought older iOS, last ping was on this side of the plane and I've saw it at a couple airports before the battery died. Knowing the location was easy, getting AA to look has fallen on deaf ears.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 12:24 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Marriott Ambassador, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JackMackey
Can't Find My help narrow down it's location?
I think OP is saying its last location HAS been (very) narrowed down....to front of AA metal tail #N113AN.

Is there a Flagship route frequenter sub forum to post in?
Old Nov 18, 2023, 7:08 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
It's in the air over Chicago @0808 hrs, enroute to LAX from JFK.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by bobnchi
It's in the air over Chicago @0808 hrs, enroute to LAX from JFK.
thanks for the clarifications, that's correct. I'm hoping for the trifecta of FTer reading this, on that bird, and able to see a hopefully dislodged iPad in 10A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.