Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Help! LOST / FOUND on AA flight / Admirals Club / gates (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Help! LOST / FOUND on AA flight / Admirals Club / the AA gates
Q: I left an item on my flight or at the airport. How do I contact Lost and Found?

Immediate gate area, on arriving aircraft or Admirals Club

AA Lost and Found is usually the place to contact. Unfortunately, AA Lost and Found are dysfunctional and don't answer their phones published to the public because "there are too many calls". Not at all what AA says, but here's the process:

If it's AA, "File a lost and found report if you lost an item on the plane, at a gate or in the Admirals Club. Once you file a report, you’ll get email or text updates on the status of your item. Lost items are kept for 30 days."

"File a lost and found report" (link)

If you fill out the form and hear nothing, try contacting AA for the desired airport. DFW: [email protected]; substitute the airport code for your airport. If you receive no response within three working days, your status or non-status service line, or try using the Twitter team @AmericanAir. See more here.

Public areas of the terminal: Contact the airport lost and found.

Each airport has its own method for processing lost and found requests. If you left an item at the airport please contact the Lost and Found office of the airport from or to which you were traveling. For your convenience, airport hours of operation are accessible from our Airport Information and Ticket Counter Hours page.

DFW Lost and Found for American Airlines: [email protected]American Airlines & American Eagle: +1.972.425.2465
Terminal D, Non-American Flights: +1.972.973.5050

Older archived thread can be found here: [ARCHIVED] Help! LOST / FOUND on AA flight / Admirals Club / gates... what now?

Updated Feb 2017 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Help! LOST / FOUND on AA flight / Admirals Club / gates (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by tahoe84ves
I put in a claim because I stupidly left my iPad on a small airplane flight from Santa Rosa, California to DFW.
I naively thought it would be returned to lost and found.
Nope!
Cleaning crew obviously stole it!
No, that's not at all obvious.

AA cleaning crew? Cleaning crew? Cleaning of the Petri dishes that are AA (or MQ) aircraft??? This post is a joke, right?

As AA pax we should be so lucky as to have AAircraft actually thoroughly cleaned between flights. It's pretty obvious that AA doesn't have cleaners regularly cleaning out seatback pockets. Or really doing much of anything other than cursory (very cursory) pickup of large trash on the floor.

and is there really a way to take this to small claims court?
Of course there's a way. It's actually fairly easy to file. But you won't like the outcome.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
If its been stolen then file a police report.

You'll likely need it for your insurance claim because I see no reason at all for AA to compensate you.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
It didn’t get stolen so let’s calm down with the accusations. You lost it - let’s take some personal responsibility.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Ty Vil
It didn’t get stolen so let’s calm down with the accusations. You lost it - let’s take some personal responsibility.
Well, it might have been stolen, but not necessarily by an AA employee.
enviroian and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Blaming it on the hardworking, underpaid cleaning crew without any evidence is really offensive and unfair. There are plenty of other people who had the opportunity to take it, including the flight crew and fellow passengers (and if you left it in the magazine holder it could have even slipped down and been found by someone three flights later).
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold
File a claim, move on and purchase another one, I’ve found that’s the best way to make it more likely it DOES show back up.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
Blaming it on the hardworking, underpaid cleaning crew without any evidence is really offensive and unfair. (emphasis added)
OK, now I know this thread is a joke.

Hardworking cleaning crews on AA aircraft???
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:43 pm

First, it wasn’t stolen you lost it. Just the other day I found an iPad in the seat pocket in front of me after take off. myself and the passenger next to me looked for identifying information but seeing none we handed it over to the FA. She gave it to the gate agent when we reached our destination and I got a call about it from American!!! They were trying and called the last passenger in the seat but the iPad had been there who knows how long and belonged to a passenger from who knows how many flights before.

did you have any way to easily identify ownership on the iPad

anyone of a number of things could have happened but angrily accusing the cleaners and threatening small claims court is foolish.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by Herb687
OK, now I know this thread is a joke.

Hardworking cleaning crews on AA aircraft???
They do the best they can in the time they are given. Have you ever seen how fast they turn planes between the deboarding of one flight and boarding the next set of passengers? Sometimes it's only 15 minutes. And when the plane is sitting there longer, the crews still have to finish quickly to keep on schedule for the next plane. If the planes aren't as clean as they should be (and I admit they aren't), it isn't because the cleaning crews don't work hard. It's because AA isn't giving them the time and support they need. This is a management issue, not a cleaning crew issue.
prof, Antarius, etiene and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
They do the best they can in the time they are given. Have you ever seen how fast they turn planes between the deboarding of one flight and boarding the next set of passengers? Sometimes it's only 15 minutes. And when the plane is sitting there longer, the crews still have to finish quickly to keep on schedule for the next plane. If the planes aren't as clean as they should be (and I admit they aren't), it isn't because the cleaning crews don't work hard. It's because AA isn't giving them the time and support they need. This is a management issue, not a cleaning crew issue.
It's also a "too many passengers are slobs" issue. There's no reason people need to be bringing smorgasbords on 90-minute flights.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA/CK
Originally Posted by tahoe84ves
I put in a claim because I stupidly left my iPad on a small airplane flight from Santa Rosa, California to DFW.
I naively thought it would be returned to lost and found.
Nope!
Cleaning crew obviously stole it!
There are no live people to talk to ...but I do want to put in a complaint that they do not stress hard enough
with cleaning crews to turn in items they find on planes.
So my question is...how do I go about filing a complaint and ask for compensation for stolen item
and is there really a way to take this to small claims court?
Why do you assume the cleaning crew "obviously" stole it?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I left a Macbook on a flight arriving a DFW a number of years ago. Never saw it again. Blamed only myself, but that lost and found company (Chargerback?) was terrible. The details in the report I submitted were so mixed up they were never looking for the right thing. I did end up with a new macbook out of the deal...I just had to pay for it.
mnhusker likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA/CK
For the record, I stupidly left my macbook on a flight from LAX to MIAMI a few years ago, and miraculously, they couriered it to my hotel room 2 days later. So my 1/1 experience with lost stuff on AA has been good!
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:45 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
iPads are tough because unless you have your name on it- it’s hard to figure out who it belongs to. Definitely activate lost mode in which you can flash up a message with your info on it.

Look it up on “find my iPhone” for some clues.

Yes somebody could’ve stolen it, but most people are honest, And the dishonest ones likely know that it’s bricked to anyone but the owner once it’s reported stolen.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:50 pm

Dear OP, Call the bag claim lost and found of American Airlines not the airport lost and found at DFW and at least three stops forward your actual plane flew after your departed. You will find your Ipad.
Tack likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.