Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How to get AA / AAdvantage flight / flights history? (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
How to get AA flight history
From the older AA forum FAQ:

Q. Where can I get my complete AA account history?

AA.com only retains account records online for six months. Thus, many AAdvantage members will save a PDF copy of their account statement each month for their records. Older statements are available for a fee by calling AAdvantage Customer Service. An 18-month summary report requires 2-3 weeks to deliver. Statements from the last 3 years are provided in the form of screen shots. Older statements may be available on microfiche.

Individual flight histories can also be tracked using FlightMemory.com, a free website with attractive graphical displays and annual summaries. Extensive data can be uploaded from spreadsheets for a fee.

Print Wikipost

How to get AA / AAdvantage flight / flights history? (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2009, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by SteveinSTL
Have tried twice to see in the AA platinum desk has any ability to search for and print all program miles earned by a member. The answer I got both times was that they purge it after 3 yrs due to space constraints? Huh?! I get that that takes up probably terabytes of space, but any old data does. Memory is cheap!

With the many members here who have www.flightmemory.com data, are you all either very detailed and kept all that paper, or are savants and can remember that stuff? I flew with AA starting in "86, and had many years of big miles in DFW & later STL.

Has anyone had any success with getting them to get this data, or am I SOL?

Thanks!
Memory is cheap - making personnel available to indulge the pointless whims of a small fraction of the small fraction of the elite flyer group is not.

The data is irrelevant to AA, so why bother storing/disseminating it? All that AA cares about is total mileage, and recent history.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM,Alaska MVP Gold, HH Diamond
see above!

Originally Posted by bnw2005
Data has no value so why keep it that long. Current statements reflect program to date data.
Are you familiar with flight memory's website?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Are you familiar with flight memory's website?
That is for people who think there is value in keeping all of this data. AA doesn't care about keeping the data, so they don't. It should be noted that storage is a lot cheaper now than when the OP joined AA. So, if it important for you to keep track of your mileage, bank deposits, etc since joining 20 or more years ago, take action to save it on your own.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
There was a thread on this subject in February:
Originally Posted by JDiver
I recall a contact with the individual who is, ironically, the AA Records Custodian, exactly one year ago. Essentially:

AA can send out 18 months of past summaries, combined into one report. This takes 2-3 weeks to receive because an outsourced vendor recovers and prints the report.

Beyond 18 months all that can be provided are screen prints of the data that is in the system. As of February 2008, that was Jan 2005 - current. Each year they remove the oldest year and it is migrated off the system, so that would mean January 2006 today.

AA also has in most cases 2003, 2004 and 2005 on microfiche, and can print out the requisite panes. There are fees associated with this, so I doubt anyone will do this merely to satisfy their curiosity - but if you need the data, it's there (e.g establish you were out of the country on April 15 for the IRS, or in the country for CBP, etc.)

I hope this helps. As HNL said, start by contacting AA Customer Service.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Have tried twice to see in the AA platinum desk has any ability to search for and print all program miles earned by a member. The answer I got both times was that they purge it after 3 yrs due to space constraints? Huh?! I get that that takes up probably terabytes of space, but any old data does. Memory is cheap!
Let's put it this way. You could have saved your data. You wouldn't have had to save everybody's data - just yours. It didn't mean enough to you to save it. Why should AA care more about it than you do?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: A few
Obtain travel history from AA

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain travel history from AA? I've been selected for audit by NY. Live in NC but travel frequently to NY to work and they are clearly focusing on time spent there. Trouble is I need to go back all way to 2006. Called EXP desk they weren't very helpful ... anyone have any experience in this and could point me in the right direction? I'm hoping to be able to get travel history back to 2006 showing orig, dest and date/time of flights if that is possible
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA - ExPlat 1MM Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by JDiver
But here you are - most the records you need can indeed be provided.
When I got my history, they only would go back 7 years without a subpoena.
Old May 13, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Is there a way to find history of AAdvantage miles in the account?

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to print history of the AA account? the website seems only list summary of past 5 month's activities?
Old May 13, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA, US, SPG, Hilton, Avis
While I have never asked, i have seen prior posts stating that a call to AA can provide what you seek, although, likely for a fee...
Old May 13, 2010, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CX Silver, SPG
Originally Posted by ak333
I second flight memory, but I also have a "Passenger Flight Log Book." Actually, I am on log book number three. It is published by a Canadian company called Aviation World in Toronto.
Flightmemory !!! number ^
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
AA miles history?

So I logged into my wifes account, and it shows total program miles to be close to 70k miles, yet the available balance is only around 37k.

We do not recall using any miles for tickets, and want to see what the history was... yet the the history we can seem to get is only a few months.

Any suggestions here? Does AA offer a more detailed history?
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by psubill78
So I logged into my wifes account, and it shows total program miles to be close to 70k miles, yet the available balance is only around 37k.

We do not recall using any miles for tickets, and want to see what the history was... yet the the history we can seem to get is only a few months.

Any suggestions here? Does AA offer a more detailed history?
If you're just noticing that and haven't paid much attention to the account, sounds like some of the miles might have expired. You can only get six months of history online. Miles expire after 18 months of inactivity.

In any event, you'll need to call AAdvantage customer service--their number is on the AA website. If some miles did, indeed, expire, ask about a re-engagement challenge if you want them back.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
We don't fly AA much, but I'm good to make sure that she's gets activity on the account to keep miles from expiring (donate miles, etc)..

I'll have to call, thx
Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:31 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Several related threads have now been consolidated with help from another member. Please be sure to read from the beginning for more info.

/Moderator
Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Viewing detailed flight/other account activity?

It's been a while, since I looked at details of my AA account. However, now I seem to just get to view monthly summaries. How can detailed activity be viewed for - say back to 1/1/09?

I am sure it's somewhere on this forum, but search did not turn up anything.

TIA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.