Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MVD / Montevideo, Uruguay AA Flights and Contract Lounge Access (consolidated)

MVD / Montevideo, Uruguay AA Flights and Contract Lounge Access (consolidated)

Old Oct 21, 10, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond
Didn't check on using the lounge on arrivals.

Did use it on departure. I found the physical attributes to be very good with plenty of space. The lack of service, food, and beverages made it mediocre IMO. Selection of spirits, wine, beer were limited. Never saw any attempt, during the three hours I was there, to replenish ice, clean away dishes, etc. Food was poor to average.

It has the potential to be very good but I'd rate it a 4 out of 10.
Old Aug 12, 11, 2:30 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold, UA 1K
AA Lounge in MVD / Montevideo?

Now that the Montevideo airport has been renovated, does anyone know if the AeropuertosVIPClub is the one used by AA/LAN? There do not seem to be airline-specific clubs on the terminal map.

Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 11, 2:39 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zpaul View Post
Now that the Montevideo airport has been renovated, does anyone know if the AeropuertosVIPClub is the one used by AA/LAN? There do not seem to be airline-specific clubs on the terminal map.

Thanks!
That's the one that AA uses.
Old Aug 12, 11, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by HNL View Post
That's the one that AA uses.
Thanks! That's what I thought, but I couldn't find it listed on the Admirals Club or the LAN Salones VIP pages.
Old Aug 12, 11, 2:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The oneworld lounge finder states it is a third party operated lounge (so not mentioned by LAN or AA):

Airport VIP Club*

Location details: First level boarding area

Opening hours: Daily: 24 hours

Operated by a third party on behalf of: LAN, Iberia

* At peak periods, access to certain lounges may be restricted due to capacity constraints. Access is available on the day of departure when the next onward flight is with a oneworld member airline. Access may not apply at a limited number of third party lounges.

The lounge's website (English version) is here: link.
Old Aug 12, 11, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
The oneworld lounge finder states it is a third party operated lounge (so not mentioned by LAN or AA):

Airport VIP Club*

Location details: First level boarding area

Opening hours: Daily: 24 hours

Operated by a third party on behalf of: LAN, Iberia

* At peak periods, access to certain lounges may be restricted due to capacity constraints. Access is available on the day of departure when the next onward flight is with a oneworld member airline. Access may not apply at a limited number of third party lounges.

The lounge's website (English version) is here: link.
I did check out oneworld.com. I swear. I'm just a bit stoopid today. Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 11, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
AA Now Giving Passes to Lounge in MVD

Something changed in the last few months, and now AA is giving passes out to get in to the lounge to their elites (at least plt and exp). They didn't use to do this, and it was reason for me to fly LAN, since they gave the pass to AA elites.

Until this change, they would only give you the pass if you were flying in biz/first.

The lounge is nice, it's the only lounge in the airport, and does NOT accept priority pass. There is a small open bar, and minimal food options. Better than a US AC, but not as good as LAN's lounges in SCL & LIM.

The SalonVIP wifi password is always a whiskey name, right now it's johnniewalker.

There is free wifi throughout the airport, all the Antel access points are open, they just fail to tell anybody that the username is 'antel' and the password is 'wifi'. That username/password works for antel access points throughout uruguay. There's no TOS to accept, or documentation as to the password. I think they just don't know how to configure their access points to allow open access.

Oh, one other thing, now that it's sumer here, as of November, American is running flights 7 days a week, in the winter (april-november) they pull back to 3 flights a week. They're running 767's so they are only 2 class. Last year they used to run MVD-EZE, and a full 3 class plane.
Old Jan 9, 12, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Sleeping Room

Turns out there is a sleeping room at the far end of the lounge. It's got various sleeping chairs / couches. I'd recommend telling the staff that you're there and they'll come wake you up before your flight. It was probably my 10th time in the lounge before i noticed it. There is also a shower with a nice amenity kit.
Old Jan 10, 12, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
In the lounge now. Good selection of adult beverages, finger sandwiches and a few sweets (dulce de leche based).

I did have to ask the agent for a pass to the lounge; usually they give me one automatically. Free WiF.

Tough to leave Punta after 11 wonderful days although the last couple of days have been uncomfortably warm.
Old Mar 1, 12, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Airlines with non-stops to where I'm going
Is AA discontinuing their flight to MVD? I just tried booking a R/T for November (2012) and AA.com is telling me there are no flights MIA-MVD on AA metal. Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 12, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
This would be the wrong thread for it. Maybe a new thread should be started?

Also, FWIW, this very morning I put in an award hold for MIA-MVD in January 2013. The flight isn't going anywhere. It only runs 4 days a week normally, so make sure your dates are flexible.
Old Mar 1, 12, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
I've booked MIA-MVD in Business for 28 December and am waiting for MileSaver seats to open up for the return in January.
Old Oct 13, 13, 5:22 pm

Talking Admirals Club in MVD?

I am planning a trip to the US from MVD and I wonder if there are any AA lounges that I could use in MVD. There are no Admirals club lounges there. If I have a 30 day pass, am I allowed to use a lounge there at all? Thanks for your help! - and hope I posted this in the right place -
Old Oct 13, 13, 8:07 pm

Programs: really nothing anymore
There is a shared lounge that is at least available if you are flying business class. I think you can access it if you are a Plat or EXP. I was flying business this summer from MVD so I can't say for sure about the elite status access. It's not an Admiral's club so a 30 day pass won't get you in.
Old Oct 14, 13, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by catmndu View Post
There is a shared lounge that is at least available if you are flying business class. I think you can access it if you are a Plat or EXP. I was flying business this summer from MVD so I can't say for sure about the elite status access. It's not an Admiral's club so a 30 day pass won't get you in.
I do not hold any status, and not flying business...what a shame! We will be traveling by ferry from Buenos Aires into Montevideo and fly to the US from there as there are better fares, but with a chld a long wait could be a pain. Thanks for the advice catmndu!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: